What ???
  • Options
    prof_traversprof_travers Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Best of the series, along with "Time Heist" and "Listen"
  • Options
    davebtdavebt Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I love this doctor and I love this series. Jenna is sublime too. That she is stunning to look at is an added bonus. There is nothing human about this doctor.....after two soppy doctors who could be your 'mate' My doctor who is back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tied for best episode of the series with Listen... It was so much better then the let down of last week.

Voted Excellent 5/5. ;)
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beautiful looking episode. The mummy effect was brilliant and they deserved a lot of praise for that. Clara was great throughout and continued to be the emotional heart of the show.

Some smatterings of character for 12 and some actual care shown which was nice. Still needs some solid background and just highlights how much they're wasting him. If they gave him a proper character arc he could really go for it but most of the time he's just an idea or a load of snarky one liners. What a pity he's having to put up with such a thinly written character.

Seemed like at the end part of the reason Clara was staying is because she knows he needs her sometimes to shame him into making the right choice. I suspect that'll come up again.

Shame they didn't include the scene where she actually told him she was leaving since that would've allowed for some really good character work but tbh Moffat's DW has never been great with the character work. They're often in a rush to skip a lot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a spectacular episode. Can't fault it in anyway.
  • Options
    jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheWayItIs wrote: »
    Continuity error with Clara's side-parting, which shifted from right to left when she said the line "Do you love it?"

She had a parting? I was focused on the other parts of her - she looked blooming gorgeous in that dress.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing that annoyed me was how dark it was during the first half. Not the tone, the actual lighting. Who actually enjoys an ep where its so dark that they can't see a damn thing?
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine if the Mummy was Danny :D.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hugely enjoyable tonight.
  • Options
    Vexed womanVexed woman Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chipsaunt wrote: »
    It's very glamorous. I am liking Peter Capaldi in that outfit, must be my age. I also think he's channelling Al Pacino for some reason.

He look's good in them suit's. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm struggling a bit lately.

Good: Capaldi/Jenna, music, CGI, cinematography, call-backs and easter eggs

Bad: Mystery Hour storylines, lack of scale/importance, Coal Hill (Danny, Courtney et al).

I'm not feeling it; people complained about story arcs but I miss them.

This is all a bit Dr Who meets the Clangers.

I would have loved a Sutekh/Osiran link with this story. But nothing, just an old murder on the orient express variant.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great episode of Doctor Who! We're rolling into the last half of the season now. :)

I can see Clara's inability to get off her 'addiction' to travelling with The Doctor bringing another ugly companion exit, though...

And Perkins... Perkins was GUS, imho!
  • Options
    sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    Imagine if the Mummy was Danny :D.

Imagine if it was Tegan :D
  • Options
    sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »

And Perkins... Perkins was GUS, imho!

That's what I think too. Feels like there is more to the character.
  • Options
    David_H_93David_H_93 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Hey look it was The Doctor who stopped The Mummy not Clara I guest people can't have an excuse to moan
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we got a much better sense of what this Doctor is about and its good to see that, whilst he has to make the hard choices, he's still the character we love.

Capaldi just gets better and better in the role and this performance felt very confident.

"Jelly Babies "

"Are you my mummy"

"I'm marking you down for this"

Great
  • Options
    Bob_WhingerBob_Whinger Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenna Coleman was stunningly beautiful in this episode. Imo, best looking TV actress seen that I can remember.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    BlocFFC wrote: »
    Fantastic. I can see why they let Jamie Mathieson write another story, very much looking forward to Flatline. He totally nailed what this Doctor should be.

10/10

This.

I loved the costumes and the look of it and bought into it; Moffat's one-liners always put me at a distance. Style and some emotional substance.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode, nothing special though.

Nice monster that was almost too contrived to be a thing but its Doctor Who, it is allowed to be ridiculous sometimes I suppose.

I am still not 100% on the actual story though. What the hell was Gus, did it want to kill them? Why did it care about the foretold being on the train if it was just going to explode anyway and kill everybody anyway?

More extremely convenient pieces of technology as well, how can you even transfer grief from one person to another. It's just one of those things you have to go with.

I am actually starting to like Clara, she is becoming more than GenericCompanion #5.

The thing I love most is The Doctors lack of emotion at people dying. Nice change of pace from Matt Smith whose angry phases reminded me more of a child having a tantrum and from David Tennant who just shouted uselessly at his opponent saying he had to stop. 12 just accepts it and moves on.

The episode was A LOT better than I was expecting, I swear the previews make the show look really bad. Nearly every preview to the next episode I watch it always leaves me with a feeling of dread of having to watch it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    She had a parting? I was focused on the other parts of her - she looked blooming gorgeous in that dress.

I never knew collar bones could be so alluring :cool:
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was the tom baker voice the real tom baker or peter doing a good impression
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, didn't that just knock you off your chair while keeping you on the edge of your seat? No mean feat.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Script, acting, everything. Lovely. I even liked Frank Skinner, though I seem to be in the minority there. I wish he'd stayed with the Doctor. But I do like Frank Skinner. And the pretty girl who sang the Queen song and everything.

And, was it just me or did 12 channel 10 as well as 4? When, at one point he said "Didn't I?" or some such. Anyway, I like to think so.

Only thing I didn't like was the "experts" didn't get any lines - I'd have liked to see some squabbling among themselves.

Brilliant, did I say that already?

I LOVE Capaldi. I am definitely an official Capaldi fangirl!
  • Options
    The Travelling ManThe Travelling Man Posts: 47,603
    Forum Member
    There have been so many great episodes this season, but this has got to be one of my favorites. I loved it. Peter Capaldi was fantastic (as always), and I liked most of the additional characters, especially the Frank Skinner one. The plot was good, and the mummy was quite scary. The only person I wasn't that keen on was Clara, but I did like the scene at the end, where she and twelve became friends again.
  • Options
    Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent from me and nice to see people agreeing with me, Unusual on here.

Well written and I really liked the "are you my mummy" bit, especially as it was so late in the show, after half expecting for the first half.