Options

Most desperate z-lister in OK! Magazine?

vflambeevflambee Posts: 117
Forum Member
:) A bit of cheesey fun. I don't actually buy the magazine, and it's mostly what I glean from links posted here.

Was just wondering who's the most desperate?! Or OK's favourite! Seems there was a time with you couldn't get away from Kerry Katona, Katie Price/Peter Andre (jointly and then separately) and, of course, the TOWIE lot.

Comments

• Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Try very private Peter Andre with up to 9 to 12 covers this year!
  • Options
    James_Walker2James_Walker2 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Peter Andre
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha! I thought we might get a few more names before ^^ that one came up! He does seem to (a) be desperate, and (b) OK!'s favourite at the moment.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't buy the mag but have come across online links to it from here.

Chantelle has been missing lately from OK. She must be due a shopping trip or a trip to KFC soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cazzz wrote: »
    I don't buy the mag but have come across online links to it from here.

Chantelle has been missing lately from OK. She must be due a shopping trip or a trip to KFC soon.

Must be due another holiday soon! Showcasing her weight loss/gain ... I've lost track of where we are with her body size at the moment... :)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it still a contractual obligation that, to have your wedding in OK, Vanessa Feltz has to be on the guest list?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kerry Katona and kids are regulars. Is there anything else new on these zelebs? They seem to churn out the same stories over and over again.
  • Options
    smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful magazine, 90 % of which is populated with articles about dreadful needy untalented people, all equally as awful as each other.

Sadly Andy Warhol's '15 Minutes of Fame', no longer applies. For some reason Magazine's such as OK , persist in publicising these 'celebrities' ad nauseam.

I guess 'The public gets what the public wants' is true, or they wouldn't sell otherwise.

It's a conundrum to me, why anyone buys into this shallow z-list life, but they do.

Personally 'Andre' has taken over from 'Katona' as the worst offender for me.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Try very private Peter Andre with up to 9 to 12 covers this year!

He has to pay for all that Iceland food somehow. :p
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has to pay for all that Iceland food somehow. :p

I think it is much more likely that the wholesale "private" family front pages pay for the "music" "career"...

It certainly doesn't pay for itself.

As long as he can keep himself in the lifestyle he has become accomstomed to, who cares if the privacy is as imaginary as the talent, eh?
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just seems to be an endless rotation of the same talent-free idiots and their utterly banal lives dressed up as news. I do laugh when I see one of the usual orange suspects beneath a banner claiming 'World Exclusive' on the cover! :D

Peter Andre does seem to make himself and his family very available to OK! despite having little new/of interest to say and/or recycling the same old guff article after article. So yes, as of the moment, I'd say he stands out as the most persistent offender.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I almost miss the days when Big Brother was on Ch4 and the evicted housemates would get their week of fame/notoriety in the NOTW and The Sun and then disappear unless they were lucky enough to do a calendar or Nuts Magazine.
    It seems the vacancy has been permanently filled by those TOWIE t*ts. I'm disappointed that the BBC stooped so low as having an ex TOWIE cast member on Strictly, we now have to put up with him and his awful family on primetime tv every weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I almost miss the days when Big Brother was on Ch4 and the evicted housemates would get their week of fame/notoriety in the NOTW and The Sun and then disappear unless they were lucky enough to do a calendar or Nuts Magazine.
    It seems the vacancy has been permanently filled by those TOWIE t*ts. I'm disappointed that the BBC stooped so low as having an ex TOWIE cast member on Strictly, we now have to put up with him and his awful family on primetime tv every weekend.

Ugh, agree, he was such a jarring presence last night. A talent and charm-free zone if ever there was one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Ugh, agree, he was such a jarring presence last night. A talent and charm-free zone if ever there was one.

Fingers crossed he'll be in the dance off as I doubt the judges will save him after that performance :D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »

I don't get his appeal at all. He has the charm of herpes, dresses like a middle aged golfer and his a face like The Joker. He is punching so far above his weight with his gf, it's not funny.

Mind you, I fail to understand the appeal of anyone for TOWIE/GS/MIC etc. Absolute bunch of dullards without a personalty between the lot of them - so perfect OK fodder
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed he'll be in the dance off as I doubt the judges will save him after that performance :D

Oh God. Fingers & toes crossed for that result.
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I don't get his appeal at all. He has the charm of herpes, dresses like a middle aged golfer and his a face like The Joker. He is punching so far above his weight with his gf, it's not funny.

Maybe watching him will bring her to her senses?
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mind you, I fail to understand the appeal of anyone for TOWIE/GS/MIC etc. Absolute bunch of dullards without a personalty between the lot of them - so perfect OK fodder

And liars too - anything for a bit of press attention! Really in love with this one, this week, that one the next.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kerry Katona and kids are regulars. Is there anything else new on these zelebs? They seem to churn out the same stories over and over again.

Kerry Katona chantelle Houghton and lauren goodger. All three are desperate for publicity. Why OK keep featuring them I don't know all the last two do is moan about their weight. Did OK pay for yet another Kerry katona wedding?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Kerry Katona chantelle Houghton and lauren goodger. All three are desperate for publicity. Why OK keep featuring them I don't know all the last two do is moan about their weight. Did OK pay for yet another Kerry katona wedding?

How could I forget about Lauren the pout.

Any bets on who will get the Christmas cover? Kerry has to be in with a shout along with Peter Andre and Michelle Heaton. I suppose its whoever will be willing to sell their Christmas for the lowest bid.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The likes of Andre must think they cease to exist when they're not featured regularly in low rent chav mags.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How could I forget about Lauren the pout.

Any bets on who will get the Christmas cover? Kerry has to be in with a shout along with Peter Andre and Michelle Heaton. I suppose its whoever will be willing to sell their Christmas for the lowest bid.

Gotta be Mr Andre ... "our first family Christmas" after all. Plus ... it'll coincide with a (no doubt) Christmas album and the Christmas Iceland adverts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    The likes of Andre must think they cease to exist when they're not featured regularly in low rent chav mags.

For him in particular, I think that's true. He's been far more visible on the front/middle/back of rags like OK since he 'gave up' his RTV show, almost as if OK mag is a substitute.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Is it still a contractual obligation that, to have your wedding in OK, Vanessa Feltz has to be on the guest list?
    Is she still a larger lady? Last time I saw her in a magazine she'd had a gastric band fitted and was wittering on about how she'd be a size 8 before Christmas. That was a good while ago though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vflambee wrote: »
    Gotta be Mr Andre ... "our first family Christmas" after all. Plus ... it'll coincide with a (no doubt) Christmas album and the Christmas Iceland adverts.

It will be his "classiest" Christmas yet !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It will be his "classiest" Christmas yet !

:) of course! Classiest, most traditional & private, without a photographer in sight. They will, naturally, have done the Christmas photos in November thus leaving actual Christmas to be classy & private ;-)