Nice women..

Savant Hacker

I'm hooked !!
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it. No subtitles for me, just upped the volume in case they mumbled:D

So was that the bearded guy's wife he murdered or just a girlfriend?? Whatever he seems to have been just using her to get confidential information which I think he is selling to North Korea. They talked about there and something happening in episode one.
    Not sure it matters. She was in the photos that had been downloaded from the company server during the hack.
    Interesting point about north Korea.

Why did Sheyna think the gut approaching the car was hostile?

Shame Sophie is little more than eye candy despite being head of comms.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you think about it, there must be plenty of half-decent Australian dramas.

My favourite by far is Rake (not the dodgy US remake). Legal drama / black comedy.

Secrets and Lies wasn't bad - a broadchurch style murder case

Janet King is half way decent though I preferred the original Crownies which was more an Austrailian This Life

And some of the Underbelly series have been good too, but a few are a bit meh
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the opening two episodes and will definitely keep watching.

I knew Jesse's "girlfriend" was too good to be true but I'm hoping she'll have a change of heart.

And I like the fact they used "We Built This City" as part of the torture routine. Yeah, that would drive me insane, too :)
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy playing Jesse is a very good actor.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »
    Rather disappointing from what I've seen of the first ep so far. Stereotype characters, contrived tension, and poor script etc. I might give the 2nd ep a go, but not in a rush and I don't think I'll be bothering with the rest after it.

I found it pretty dull as well and the only highlight for me was the performance of the actor who played the autistic lad. And since when are hot girls attracted to men with Autism? Usually the very nature of Autism means that those with it find it hard to form relationships with anyone. Unless of course she's not what she seems to be....
  • Options
    Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed the opening two episodes. Pretty fast-paced and an intriguing concept. The actor playing Jesse was good too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it pretty dull as well and the only highlight for me was the performance of the actor who played the autistic lad. And since when are hot girls attracted to men with Autism? Usually the very nature of Autism means that those with it find it hard to form relationships with anyone. Unless of course she's not what she seems to be....
    Attractive women do form relationships with men of various disabilities.
    The end of episode 2 showed Hani's motivation.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So a case of; "Never mind the quality, feel the price?"

Just because something is cheap (comparatively speaking) it doesn't necessarily mean it lacks quality
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alex the teacher is played by Lucy Lawless aka Xena
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there's no harm people checking for a thread is there? Something you didn't do properly otherwise you'd have seen mine, before you lecture me. I forgot to bump, hardly a crime.

Fortunately I took the trouble to save the day.

But no need to thank me.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you think about it, there must be plenty of half-decent Australian dramas.

What is it about Scandi dramas and the BBC?

Do we get so many 'cos they're dirt cheap?

Or is it they think they're "Bergmanesque?"

Quality wise, few are that much better than this.

If you're talking about Crimes of Passion, I agree! But as for the Killing and Borgen, they are imo far superior but then luckily we all like different things.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we know what 'The Code' is of the title yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know what 'The Code' is of the title yet?
    One of the files Jesse downloaded is encrypted, so maybe the Code refers to key to decrypt it.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    One of the files Jesse downloaded is encrypted, so maybe the Code refers to key to decrypt it.

The graphics for the titles makes me wonder if there is more to it. Such as the code to DNA or something similar.
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the first two episodes but Im a bit confused if truth b told. Anyone know of any blog for a bit more info.....
  • Options
    rovermacrovermac Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the first two episodes but Im a bit confused if truth b told. Anyone know of any blog for a bit more info.....

Google: The Code (2014 TV series) Wikipedia. there is in depth recaps on all episodes
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rovermac wrote: »
    Google: The Code (2014 TV series) Wikipedia. there is in depth recaps on all episodes
    Thanks, I understand it a wee bit better now!!
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really liked it, Lucy Lawless really good as the fly blown teacher and Ashley Zukerman playing Jessy.

All very post Sherlock in its visuals 'floating info-graphics ahoy!' and a pretty groovy theme.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    All very post Sherlock in its visuals 'floating info-graphics ahoy!' and a pretty groovy theme.

The only slight difference being that the Sherlock graphics were depicting his thoughts, not what was actually appearing on the screen.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,645
    Forum Member
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Fortunately I took the trouble to save the day.

But no need to thank me.

Fortunately the mods decided to merge your thread with the original you were too lazy to check for.

After all that, did you even bother to watch?
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    The only slight difference being that the Sherlock graphics were depicting his thoughts, not what was actually appearing on the screen.

Re-reading that it's a bit confusing. I should have said the computer screen (not your TV screen)!
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finally seen Saturdays episode, this is an excellent show, episdoe 2 had me hooked, after the set up required of episode 1, great to see some excellent Aussie drama on our screens. Kept expecting Malcom Tucker to show up however.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    The guy playing Jesse is a very good actor.

Yes, I agree. Just caught up with this and Jesse*(Ashley Zukerman) is the stand-out character for me.