Options

Bad Education series 3 BBC Three

Comments

• Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not liking this series as much this time, too over the top, not enough scenes where it's just banter with the kids in the classroom.
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just started watching this (well all episodes in a week) and season 3 really is now where near as good as the 1st 2 seasons, cant stand Alfies dad, the new girl is annoying, it just seem to have run out of steam
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't helping that they've made RemDogg mute as well, so that back corner of the classroom is now basically just the new girl.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,104
    Forum Member
    Don't worry, When BBC Three gets axed. Its moving to BBC Two alongside Family Guy.

I'm 99% sure this series is the end, so doubtful it will move.

And didn't BBC two axe FG?
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,933
    Forum Member
    The series is tailing off for me now; it's time it was put to bed.

There are lots of reasons:
    - Mitchell is a great loss - his brazen crudeness was a delight. Grayson doesn't quite cut it as a replacement because he seems to have flipped personality overnight. If Grayson is the new Mitchell then who is going to be Grayson?
    - RemDog being an emo elective mute - just silly. He was a great character.
    - Cleopatra. Boring 'in-da-hood' cliché.
    - Harry Enfield can't do supporting roles; you can see the urge to upstage brimming over.
    - The programme is less about wit and repartee these days, it's become a compendium of absurd events. It had absurdity before but characters like Pickwell could pull such things off in a funny surreal manner.
    - I really miss Mollinson!

I'll still watch as it beats anything else that's on at the same time, but it's lost its kick.
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted Mitchell has now gone , i will have to start watching Hollyoaks for my fix :D
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Agree with others. Season 1 and 2 were much better.

Axing Mitchell was a big mistake. It's feels different :(
    I hate Alfie's dad, he really irritates me. Not as good as Pickwill :)
    That new girl Cleo is so annoying.
    Having Rem an emo is just stupid. I would have been funny if it was just for one episode.

The only good thing is Grayson gets more screen time. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gutted Mitchell has now gone , i will have to start watching Hollyoaks for my fix :D

:D:D:D

I know what you mean :blush: although I can't stand his character on Hollyoaks so it looks like I will have to watch season 1 and 2 again :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pickwell is missed. Alfie needs that nemesis character which he hasn't really got in this series. The Pro Green character wasn't that good but I would have preferred her to stay over Alfie's Dad.

It just seems like a show in its dying moments to me, it still has some moments but generally I think it has had its day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or was Graysons sexuality completely dropped?
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know what you mean :blush: although I can't stand his character on Hollyoaks so it looks like I will have to watch season 1 and 2 again :p

Yes i don't like his character in Hollyoaks either but i can always hope he changes :D
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It just seems like a show in its dying moments to me, it still has some moments but generally I think it has had its day.

I agree with you. Perhaps this has had now one series too many?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes i don't like his character in Hollyoaks either but i can always hope he changes :D

Even when he's being nice I still can't warm to him :( I like his character better on Bad Education anyway :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mitchell!! :D
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far too much of Harry Enfield at the start for my liking tonight.

Once the episode got going, it was a good story :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like how Franks getting more screen time :)
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to the Noway near as good as the first two series club.

Been a bit of a sruggle getting through some episodes, that South African PE teacher a really irritated the hell out of me too.
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol Robbie Roscoe in prison, thats ironically where I expected him to end up
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Add me to the Noway near as good as the first two series club.

Been a bit of a sruggle getting through some episodes, that South African PE teacher a really irritated the hell out of me too.

S Africans as shouty racists is soooo lame, such a cliche.
    I found that ep really annoying.

The plotlines are getting too stupid now.
    IN previous series the essential plots were pretty simple, but the humour was in the characters reactions to events, esp the weird characters.
    But now its all about plots & characterisation has declined.
    Pity as that was one of the series strengths.

Nevermind- its ending soon, and at the right time too, any more and it'd have really lost it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol Robbie Roscoe in prison, thats ironically where I expected him to end up

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Agree with others. Season 1 and 2 were much better.

Axing Mitchell was a big mistake. It's feels different :(
    I hate Alfie's dad, he really irritates me. Not as good as Pickwill :)
    That new girl Cleo is so annoying.
    Having Rem an emo is just stupid. I would have been funny if it was just for one episode.

The only good thing is Grayson gets more screen time. :)

I don't think he was axed, the filming clashed with Hollyoaks or something? I agree though, I wasn't really that fussed about his character but it feels very different with him gone.
    Is it just me or was Graysons sexuality completely dropped?

Yes! It's annoying, because Grayson is getting more screen time/development this series, but the HUGE development from the Christmas episode has just been ignored?

I adored the first two series, but as others have said, I'm not that keen on Alfie's dad.. and I'm definitely missing Pickwell!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amyy. wrote: »
    I don't think he was axed, the filming clashed with Hollyoaks or something? I agree though, I wasn't really that fussed about his character but it feels very different with him gone.

Oh okay :) Either way I miss Mitchell. I agree, it feels different with him gone :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes! It's annoying, because Grayson is getting more screen time/development this series, but the HUGE development from the Christmas episode has just been ignored?

I adored the first two series, but as others have said, I'm not that keen on Alfie's dad.. and I'm definitely missing Pickwell!

I agree, I'm annoyed it was dropped. I shipped Frank and Stephen :blush::D

I'm not keen on Alfie's dad either. He really annoys me and he brings nothing to the show IMO. I miss Pickwell :( Even Professer Green was better than Alfie's dad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I agree, I'm annoyed it was dropped. I shipped Frank and Stephen :blush::D

I'm not keen on Alfie's dad either. He really annoys me and he brings nothing to the show IMO. I miss Pickwell :( Even Professer Green was better than Alfie's dad.

It was a total jaw drop for me in the Christmas ep, was really looking forward to seeing where they went with it. (I shipped them too haha :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a total jaw drop for me in the Christmas ep, was really looking forward to seeing where they went with it. (I shipped them too haha :D)

I agree. I was hoping there would be at least some continuity in series 3. I don't know why they dropped it. :(:confused: