Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,562
    Forum Member
    Winning games is better for confidence than our league position at such an early stage, in my opinion.

We've just won two on the spin. That can only be of benefit. Especially the Everton result.

Modified my previous post just as you posted, to say:

Winning is even more important of course but don't underestimate the confidence boost of having a decent position in the table, especially with the two big games coming up.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon we will get at leased 7 points from the next four games. And if we do the trophy could be coming home
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,997
    Forum Member
    I reckon we will get at leased 7 points from the next four games. And if we do the trophy could be coming home

Hope you are right but with our defence the way it is at the moment i would be surprised if we get that many points against the top teams. It is way too early to say the trophy is coming home even if we do well against the other big teams but it will determine if we are on the way back or not and how much work we still need to do.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winning games is better for confidence than our league position at such an early stage, in my opinion.

We've just won two on the spin. That can only be of benefit. Especially the Everton result.

After the Everton game , it was the first time apparently in a year that we have been in the top four in the premier league table.

For all those who believed Moyes should have got another season,they can chew on that disturbing fact.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you on crack?

We have eight players that are due to return from injury within the next week, and apart from Carrick, all the others shouldn't take too long to get back to full fitness. With our luck, we'll probably have eight new injuries to other players in that time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    Are you on crack?

We have eight players that are due to return from injury within the next week, and apart from Carrick, all the others shouldn't take too long to get back to full fitness. With our luck, we'll probably have eight new injuries to other players in that time.

When it comes to injuries it's best to take the glass is half empty approach.

Softens the inevitable kick in the chuns afterwards.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the players due to return from injury is Ashley Young.

I'm not getting too excited, just yet...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh joy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh joy!

To be fair to Young, he didn't look utterly terrible at the start of the season.

Still, can't see him getting near the starting eleven any time soon, providing that others stay fit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new book on Guardiola, by 'one of his closest friends', claims that he wants the United job, at some point.

Might be an option, after Van Gaal.

It also claims that he turned down City and Chelsea to take the Bayern job.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The football pitches of England & Wales must be missing his thuds from yet another one of his dives!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new book on Guardiola, by 'one of his closest friends', claims that he wants the United job, at some point.

Might be an option, after Van Gaal.

It also claims that he turned down City and Chelsea to take the Bayern job.

Ryan Giggs does not like this.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan Giggs does not like this.

Bugger Ryan Giggs.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,997
    Forum Member
    Bugger Ryan Giggs.

Couldn't of put it better myself Joey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Couldn't of put it better myself Joey.

Thanks Fergie, I don't really care what Ryan Giggs thinks.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not like Guardiola.

Fascinating insight for you all there. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    I do not like Guardiola.

More of a Moyes fan then? :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not like Guardiola.

Considering that certain members of the press are already suggesting that Van Gaal's successor should be Bruce, Keane or Giggs, I'd take Guardiola right now.

It's an almost certainty that they'll push for Redknapp to get the job, if he's still alive by then.
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that Giggs ends up going for the Wales job in a few years time, rather than takes over from Van Gaal. I'd definitely prefer to have Guardiola.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    I'd be interested in seeing how Guardiola would do in this league, and it'd give the media something to talk about with the reunion of the Guardiola-vs-Mourinho rivalry. They'd be all over that.

Although I'd rather it not be Man United in case he ends up being great. Maybe he can succeed Arséne Wenger. I could live with that. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering that certain members of the press are already suggesting that Van Gaal's successor should be Bruce, Keane or Giggs, I'd take Guardiola right now.

It's an almost certainty that they'll push for Redknapp to get the job, if he's still alive by then.

You'd think that the suits wouldn't make the same mistake they did with Moyes.

Longevity and success in regards to working on a tight budget at Everton but managed to win absolutely bugger all

A successful and lucrative career at one of the football giants but has no managerial experience other than as an assistant and a four game caretaker role at the dreg end of the season.

Giggs needs to cut his teeth elsewhere. The brand of the class of 92 is a myth. Does anyone really give a shit? They didn't before Moyes was shown the door.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone's talking as if LVG will be gone once his contract is up.

If everyone's happy, he's going nowhere.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,562
    Forum Member
    Everyone's talking as if LVG will be gone once his contract is up.

If everyone's happy, he's going nowhere.

Ah, the voice of reason.

If LVG has chiseled out a team of Premier League champion contenders but they haven't quite managed to win it, or if they have but haven't yet won Champions League, he'll want to finish the job. I think we are his final ambition as a football manager and if things go well, he'll want to finish on a high... or series of highs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Van Gaal wont be going anywhere just yet.

Guardiola in the future, maybe, but not until LVG has finished what he has set out to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody's saying that Van Gaal will be gone at the end of the season.

It is undeniable, however, that he is a relatively short-term appointment.

Yes, speculating on his successor at this point is futile, but it's something that we're going to have to face sooner rather than later, even if he is successful.

There is almost no way that the likes of Giggs will be able to prove that they're capable of taking it on, in the next 5 years.
This discussion has been closed.