Options

Lauren great but..

Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Isn't she a tad bit boring? Simply sweet but nothing much else?

Comments

• Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Suppose it depends on your definition of boring. Im not Lauren's biggest fan but shes by far not the worst there, there are about 8-9 other acts I find more boring than her.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't she a tad bit boring? Simply sweet but nothing much else?

She's a nice girl and an excellent singer. Not boring at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah others or worse but more interesting? Chloe? Actually bad example cause I rate her voice as I do Lauren's. Hmm em.. Okay others are worse. But she still bit boring.. Wouldn't vote for her.
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she has the looks, the personality and the voice...Paul has the voice and arguably the look...but no personality... Andrea has the voice, the personality, but not the look and has boring ballad after ballad...Jake has the look, but not the voice...should I go on...
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a decent singer, but the problem is if i heard her on the radio i would'nt know who she was as she sounds the same as so many other female artists who have similar sounding voices. There is nothing different or individual about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha yes please Kenneth!
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha yes please Kenneth!

I think Jack has the looks and the voice...a different sorta voice, but no personality...Chloe is different and therefore polarizing, she has the voice in a different way, but a fake personality... Stephanie has the personality... Sorta..but again a polarizing voice again... Lola can have all three... Her problems is nerves...which will could be her undoing... should I move on to the overs..???...are do you get my point yet...??... I will say for the overs Ben has all three... The rest still need polishing or have problems...*coughs*...Stevie...
  • Options
    LSUduckLSUduck Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    She is a decent singer, but the problem is if i heard her on the radio i would'nt know who she was as she sounds the same as so many other female artists who have similar sounding voices. There is nothing different or individual about her.

I think she's a brilliant singer but I can agree on the lack of distinctiveness in her voice which is why I thinks finishing high but outside of the win would be good for her. Rushing her singles and album through would give her and her producers zero time to establish any sort of identity for her outside of what she's done on the show. She's intriguing for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LSUduck reckon you hit the nail on the head there.. Lauren has no identity. Bland with a good voice.

Ha.. Totally in agreement with you there Kenneth on much of your summary! Thanks ;) Ben has all of it and reckon he will put in some stunning performances on the way to final winning over a few people along the way.

Lauren needs to show something more or she will just be nice/good voice but not get the votes..
  • Options
    pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Silly thread, she is a lovely, down to earth, gorgeous girl with a fantastic voice and a great personality, I think she has a very good chance of winning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkits wrote: »
    Silly thread, she is a lovely, down to earth, gorgeous girl with a fantastic voice and a great personality, I think she has a very good chance of winning.

I'm sure she is lovely. Hardly a silly thread considering the number of bland performers with good voices that have been on Xfactor..
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually found Lauren's take of Happy to be quite interesting, I think the other 3 girls in her category came off way duller on their performances on saturday.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Henderson and Leona hardly had personalities
  • Options
    olinessoliness Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Depends what you're looking for. Personally I really hope that if she's successful she stays sweet and never goes down the vulgar route that so many female singers today go down. I don't like how music often these days is as much about prancing around wearing hardly anything as singing!
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are far more dull acts in there at the moment. I don't really mind Lauren, not my cup of tea in the real world. I usually judge it by making an impression. I can actually remember what she sang, I can barely even recall half the others names.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest i can't really remember what Lauren sang, so she could'nt have registered greatly. Mind you that could be said of quite a few of the finalist.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren can sing end of story
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day it's all down to personal taste, as it is with all the acts.