Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were writing with Marina Diamandis earlier in the week though.

http://instagram.com/p/uQnOmjuGRK
    OT: while the vocal duel between Jesy and LA in Cannes is cute, notice the huge amount of booze in the bucket and drinking glasses behind them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marina wasn't this week? It was end of last week. Heh

Edit: ah yes it was a corporate "free alcohol" event.

I know the last PJ poster under their topic thinks it would be a bad idea to release in Spring. Not sure if I agree. Since itunes preorders let you do insta-grats still, it may not matter. You'd think they will do an album preorder first and then do insta-grat for single 1?
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsAElfjggjo I'm guessing this is the 27 seconds that had that one person want LM off the face of the earth, God knows what he/she would do if it was for a whole minute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel they should get the album out as close to not-Jan. as possible to maximize touring time. Otherwise they have to wait to get that going. If they are going for Q1 and they stay with Syco I hope they dont push it aside for another Nov. album attempt.

LM's team missed a trick with not getting them for the Dallas game considering the cheerleaders used Move for their finals.

That telethon bit was too short!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going with December. November's schedule is full of Syco releases, Syco has no December yet.

Edit: as far as Syco, unless we see a renewel announcement it's safe to say they leave or seperate in 2016, tbh.
  • Options
    ridiculoussridiculouss Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Jake Roche (about Little mix):

“We’ve heard some of their new songs and they sound massive,” Jake revealed. “We’re huge fans of theirs.”

So… can we expect a Rixton/Little Mix collaboration in the future?

“No, they’re too good. They’re too good for us,” he joked. “They’re a lot better than us. Half the time we don’t know what we’re doing!”

http://popcrush.com/rixton-jake-roche-little-mix-jesy-nelson/

ok... he's probably a little biased but still...exciting! ;)
  • Options
    Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    notice the huge amount of booze in the bucket and drinking glasses behind them.

So what? As long as they're not intoxicated before going on stage, there's no problem.

They're legal, besides us Brit girls love a good drink. I thought you were Dumdedumdum for a minute.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    lol never thought the first thing wed hear about album 3 would come from jake, he seems really nice though and it is good that he thinks it sounds massive, even if, as someone said, he's a tad biased
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the last update regarding "salute" album sales? It's gold, but wasn't it 230ish?
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time I got on board ---
    Album 3 predicta # -

Single Nov 17th
    Album Dec 15th
    (Multiple changes of mind)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CourtKnee wrote: »
    On instagram their makeup guy is posting pics of products he's using for "today's music vid". Don't want to get anyone too excited but maybe it's with lm
    http://instagram.com/adamburrell

Sorry this is late. Troyboi was filming a video aswell on the 10th. Whether it's for his EP or LM, idk. But this was Same day they worked with Marina.
  • Options
    itsstephitssteph Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    OT: while the vocal duel between Jesy and LA in Cannes is cute, notice the huge amount of booze in the bucket and drinking glasses behind them.

Well, they were in a club...

I'm curious about their progress if Jake's heard a few tracks already.
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the last update regarding "salute" album sales? It's gold, but wasn't it 230ish?

268k as of 14/10/2014 you'll be pleased to know!

It's YE total sales were 189,300 so it's sold around 80,000 this year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    itssteph wrote: »
    Well, they were in a club...

I'm curious about their progress if Jake's heard a few tracks already.

Tom Aspaul also mentioned hearing some really good songs from their album, which surprised me because it was before they were doing a lot of the recent vocal recording. Maybe thats good.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    268k as of 14/10/2014 you'll be pleased to know!

It's YE total sales were 189,300 so it's sold around 80,000 this year!

That's great! And Salute did great numbers for a post-album single. They won't be up for Best Single at the Brits (noms done on sales) but here's hoping they bring out a banger that everyone wants on their New Year party playlists.

Speaking of which, I'm revising my predicts. Late November is busy with 1D and Olly Murs so I'm going for 1st or 8th Dec album release with single on sale week before (in time for Jingle Bell etc). It doesn't really matter if they clash with Take That, different demographics and the girls were never getting a #1. It would make sense if this was always the schedule as the girls weren't due to return from the US tour until mid Oct and the album / music vids could have overrun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of which, I'm revising my predicts. Late November is busy with 1D and Olly Murs so I'm going for 1st or 8th Dec album release.

Give us a date!
  • Options
    itsstephitssteph Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Album 3 predicta:

Single: Nov 3rd
    Album: Dec 15th

(Also, I'm listening to Move again for the first time in months. Such a solid single!)
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Single: December 1st (premier early November)
    Album: December 8th
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix Album 3 Predicta (and first single)

Predict the release dates for the album and the first single. The first single may/may not necessarily be the lead single. UK album releases are normally on Mondays.

Dumdedumdum (need specific dates)
    ALBUM: 24th November

SINGLE: 17th November

ALBUM: Monday 8th December 2014

SINGLE: Sunday 30th November 2014

Mina_Cameron
    ALBUM: February 7
    SINGLE ONE: November 11
    SINGLE TWO: January 31

Charlie_Trench
    SINGLE: November 30th/December 1st

ALBUM: December 8th

casualviewer
    SINGLE 1 : November 30 (I dont believe this to be a stated lead, but more something they want to release to get holiday sales, some buzz and to help bridge the gap until the album. No video)

LEAD SINGLE: January 18

ALBUM: February 8

Nissl
    SINGLE: December 1st

ShaynaJay
    Single 1- Nov 24th

Album (UK)- Dec 15th
    Album (US)- Feb 10th

JB92
    Single 1: 18th January
    Single 2: 24th May

Album: 1st June

siriusrose
    SINGLE 1: 7th December
    SINGLE 2: 15th February

ALBUM: 22nd February

old mixer
    Single Nov 17th

Album Dec 15th

itssteph

EpicEastenders
    Single: December 1st (premier early November)

Entries open until official news is announced
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am on board with nissl'd prediction. This means we would hear the single the 27th or Nov 3rd.
  • Options
    jacket_jacket_ Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    They are on Radio 1 right now because they are gonna be presenting at the Teen Awards tomorrow.

If they are on the red carpet tomorrow, maybe we will get some clarification whether the album will still be out this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not convinced it'll be a pre-Christmas release now, but stick me down for last week November for the single and 1st week December LP.
    It's what I'd do - based on they're not going to have a Christmas #1 product or we'd be getting excited noises already, and to get the best strike at the seasonal LP sales.

Personally I'd wait until the start of January or tour tie.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24th Nov single (on radio end Oct), 1st Dec album.

They will then have a second song/single they can perform at the christmas radio shows and on Alan Carr/Graham Norton and release in January/Feb (my Valentines ballad). They could bring out a 3rd single in April and then a 4th summer single around BGT & tour early June. I don't think they can announce a tour until the album is out so I'm going with similar timings to last year. Perhaps/hopefully they'll do shows abroad in Q1.

Looking at the US album charts if the girls had released something this month they might have got Top 5, terrible decline in sales across the board. You can get #1 with fewer than 100,000 now, and if you're not Taylor or 1D you're not debuting 500k+ this year. I hope Columbia pushes a lead single whenever it arrives, the girls will need to replace the fans they lost over the tour cancellation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agree dave, I would do then aswell. But I am guessing sooner-just because.

I would put the album up for preorder first. Don't put the single for pre-order. Premier the song on radio/vevo. Release said as a insta-grat a month or two later. From there, either another single or just album.

Of course, this is considering insta-grat is still counted when the time comes. I am just guessing they sell more digitally than physical.

With the way it goes, rihanna and adele will suprisingly release an album after lM sets the dates.
    (Forgive my grammar)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix Album 3 Predicta (and first single)

Predict the release dates for the album and the first single. The first single may/may not necessarily be the lead single. UK album releases are normally on Mondays.

Dumdedumdum
    ALBUM: December 1st

SINGLE: 23th November

ALBUM: Monday 8th December 2014

SINGLE: Sunday 30th November 2014

Mina_Cameron
    ALBUM: February 9
    SINGLE ONE: November 9
    SINGLE TWO: February 1

Charlie_Trench
    SINGLE: November 30

casualviewer
    SINGLE 1 : November 30 (I dont believe this to be a stated lead, but more something they want to release to get holiday sales, some buzz and to help bridge the gap until the album. No video)

LEAD SINGLE: January 18

ALBUM: February 8

Nissl

ShaynaJay
    Single 1- Nov 23

Album (UK)- Dec 15th
    Album (US)- Feb 10th

JB92
    Single 1: 18th January
    Single 2: 24th May

Album: 1st June

siriusrose
    SINGLE 1: 7th December
    SINGLE 2: 15th February

ALBUM: 22nd February

old mixer
    Single Nov 17th

Album Dec 15th

itssteph

EpicEastenders
    Single: November 30 (premier early November)

DavetheSensible

Entries open until official news is announced

Corrected dates for Sundays and Mondays
This discussion has been closed.