Options

So You Think You Can't Dance? - LAUNCH SHOW

winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
Forum Member
✭✭
Welcome to So You Think You Can't Dance launch show!

Tonight we'll be welcoming the couples and meeting our judges!

Around this time last year Izzie (IzzieStar) and Natalie Lowe lifted the So You Think You Can’t Dance glitter ball, who will be next?

So You Think You Can’t Dance (SYTYCD for short) is a forum participation game where forum members are partnered up with Strictly professionals of their choice and take on different dances where they have to do [highlight] AS BAD AS POSSIBLE [/highlight] (Which dancing.queen struggled to grasp last year!). Let your imagination run wild, you could dance Starstrukk for a Waltz or My Way by Frank Sinatra for a Jive, perhaps you could stage a routine involving dancing hippos and the Tweenies whilst doing a Rumba to Happy! Some weeks will have themes which contestants must stick too but apart from that you can run wild!

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our first couple is Myk (ChickenFromKiev) & Karen Hauer

Welcome Myk, Myk joined the forum last November and is currently hosting All About That Dance!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Izzie (IzzieStar) & Tristan MacManus

Izzie won last series how will she fare this time, Izzie has hosted various games including Have I Got, Strictly Confidential and two series of Strictly Into The Future!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our third couple is Mitch (pothuthic) & Joanne Clifton

Mitch has hosted many series of Celebrity Brother and has competed in a lot of forum games!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Queenie (dancing.queen) & Artem Chigvintsev

Lacey Turner lover competed last series and finished in a whooping last place! Will she do any better?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our next couple is Andrew (dennisboy) & Aliona Vilani

Andrew joined the forum last September and has made a huge impact, he is currently hosting Strictly: Ballroom Battle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our penultimate couple is Jamie (DingDong08) & Janette Manrara

Jamie made the final last year! Jamie has hosted and produced a few games and series and is one to watch!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our final couple is Guapacha (Guapacha2007) & Natalie Lowe

Not much is known about Guapacha but hopefully well learn more about the person behind the username, Guapacha hosted Revenge Of The Rumba in September.
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a distinct lack of same-sex couples this series. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now, it's time to find out who will be marking our lovely seven couples! There are four couples but only three will mark each week, they will rotate each week so scores will be out of 30! Scores will be from 1 (Actually good) to 10 (Astonishingly bad).

So without further ado....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKd0jx43yuE
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    There's a distinct lack of same-sex couples this series. :(

I was going to partner myself with John Byrnes but I decided against it :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or if you can't access Youtube...

Danny (Damahepa)
    Stuart (Stuart25)
    Ross (Rosco2010)
    Jas' (king yrcanos)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now contestants, you're all probably wondering what dance you'll be doing, will we be starting is simple with the Cha Cha Cha & Waltz or be a bit more adventurous like last year with the Rumba & Quickstep? Your first dance is the.....

ARGENTINE TANGO
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a great song planned. :D
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Oh my. Got the perfect song. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contestants, I'm hoping the first show will be on Wednesday so ideally I'd like your songs by Monday at 9:30.

The first panel will be made up of...

Danny (Damahepa)
    Stuart (Stuart25)
    Ross (rosco2010)

Which means Jas' (king yrcanos) will take the night off and next week we'll alternate. There will be no elimination this week and no voting which means you'll all get two chances to do as bad as possible!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will now leave you with these opening titles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQHs65vT8I

So You Think You Can't Dance? 2014 has launched!
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    winter99 wrote: »
    I will now leave you with these opening titles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQHs65vT8I

So You Think You Can't Dance? 2014 has launched!

Love all these technical thingies you do!
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that I'd ever give hints as to how to get good marks (or otherwise) from me, but any soap-related songs will go down poorly (or well... this game is confusing in concept!) :p
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I'll miss the first show. I'm away from Tuesday to Thursday on Holiday. :( But I've sent my song in. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Not that I'd ever give hints as to how to get good marks (or otherwise) from me, but any soap-related songs will go down poorly (or well... this game is confusing in concept!) :p

1 is for could actually be used and 10 is astonishingly bad. I'm not gonna put score caps but I'd rather none of you do a Donny Osmond and throw out a ten so early on. :p:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'll miss the first show. I'm away from Tuesday to Thursday on Holiday. :( But I've sent my song in. :)

Don't worry, you won't miss any eliminations. :)
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    winter99 wrote: »
    1 is for could actually be used and 10 is astonishingly bad. I'm not gonna put score caps but I'd rather none of you do a Donny Osmond and throw out a ten so early on. :p:blush:

If anyone Argentine Tango's to the theme from Coronation Street they could get a Donny 10! ;)

(I mean, you won't, because that's my idea now... and that's just lazy if you steal it!) :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    If anyone Argentine Tango's to the theme from Coronation Street they could get a Donny 10! ;)

(I mean, you won't, because that's my idea now... and that's just lazy if you steal it!) :p

*waits for someone to send in the Emmerdale theme tune*

Although a Donny ten is only half a real ten. ;-)
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Nick, your clips are amazing :D I'm so excited for the series to begin and I can't wait to get judging :)
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Is it just a song?