Options

Bauer Place changes

Comments

• Options
    radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galloway seems a staple Bauer man, and out of all the shows Breakfast won't be the networked one. Maybe Ally Bally? 10-2 coming from down south to test waters.

ofcom s am rules are different only 4 hours are required from scotland ..anytime they fancy doesnt have to be live just like gold cardiff
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ofcom s am rules are different only 4 hours are required from scotland ..anytime they fancy doesnt have to be live just like gold cardiff

So it could be overnight automation if they chose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    The post was from a first time poster so perhaps we should take it with a pinch of salt until confirmed.

Beware of the "first time poster" at your peril. Sometimes they do get it right and this one is pretty confident in the source the story has come from.
    Led to believe only the Breakfast show and the Drivetime show...or whatever it's called...will come from Scotland. A number of presenters currently working will disappear come the start of 2015.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beware of the "first time poster" at your peril. Sometimes they do get it right and this one is pretty confident in the source the story has come from.
    Led to believe only the Breakfast show and the Drivetime show...or whatever it's called...will come from Scotland. A number of presenters currently working will disappear come the start of 2015.

Sorry if I sounded like I was calling you a liar, I am frankly surprised they are going for the Breakfast and Drive option as I thought it would have been breakfast only and that it would have been done long before now.

For someone living in the north of Scotland it doesn't matter a jot whether it is coming from England or Glasgow anyway. The AM stations are dead in the water at present and need rebranding to a single name.
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For someone living in the north of Scotland it doesn't matter a jot whether it is coming from England or Glasgow anyway. The AM stations are dead in the water at present and need rebranding to a single name.
    Internally and to advertisers the "greatest hits network" will have a single name "place 2", but to Scottish and N England listeners they will be the local heratige name 2.
    http://www.bauermedia.co.uk/press/news/article/bauer-media-unveils-focused-commercial-radio-offering
    “Place 2” (eg Radio City 2 on AM) which will expand the appeal to an older, focused 45-64 year old audience,
    But probably promoting stereo digital rather than mono AM?
    We shall have to see if this works for the network in 2015 and the falling audience figures from 15% in 1999 to 2.5% (Glasgow) become steady or drop further,
    http://media.info/radio/stations/clyde-2/listening-figures

or Bauer have another rethink?
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Certainly since the new imaging was introduced on Radio Borders in mid-February a number of the features on the mid-morning show such as Moving and Money Matters are now pre-recorded instead of being live. The cynic in me would suggest this will make it easier for Bauer to dump these features if mid-mornings end up being networked.

Sad to think that Radio Borders now only has THREE regular presenters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Ste

Sad to think that Radio Borders now only has THREE regular presenters.[/QUOTE]

most of bauer stations only have 4
  • Options
    MattTheManMattTheMan Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Have heard very big changes happening at the start of 2015. Look out for a real big name disappearing from the AM network in Scotland during weekday mornings. It'll mean more programming coming from south of the Border and no doubt will mean more people than ever will continue to switch off.

I hear even more big changes - no on air - but at management level....2015 will be interesting!
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if I sounded like I was calling you a liar, I am frankly surprised they are going for the Breakfast and Drive option as I thought it would have been breakfast only and that it would have been done long before now.

AM for such music stations is appalling.

There is still the local news, local weather, local travel, local sports news, local travel, local information and local ads, plus the DJ's mentioning Tay AM, Clyde 2, Forth 2, Westsound etc a few times on the shows on the Bauer AM's despite what was thought by many back in 2009 when the AM's output was merged. I have also heard Jim Symon on his show giving emergency travel news from far furher afield than Clydebank. But the old days where all but 1am to 6am were local (apart from Radio Borders (and Central FM many years back when they were in the fold) taking Max AM (as it was called at the time) output from 7pm) was still much better.

Merging the Scottish Bauer AM's with the Northern England Bauer AM's with output mainly coming from Manchester would be terrible.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard a bit of Paddy McGuinness on Rock FM earlier.

Mystifies me why they binned Nothing But The 90's for this clown.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Interesting Paddy does not go down well in Preston either! Has anybody taken to this show outside of his home town where ever that may be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

Most listeners to Radio Borders were thinking the same last weekend when they tuned in for Golden Sunday between 9am-12noon only to hear Paddy McGuinness instead - they thought that their radios had jumped stations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaty_Stamp wrote: »
    Interesting Paddy does not go down well in Preston either! Has anybody taken to this show outside of his home town where ever that may be

bolton
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bolton

Well, he can bolt on to Bolton then and take his show with him!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

You can still get Nothing But The Nineties on a few other stations, its the Mike Brown version.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good piece from John Myers about the networked Paddy McGuinness show

http://myersmedia.co.uk/2014/paddy-mcguinness-show-on-bauer-network/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good piece from John Myers about the networked Paddy McGuinness show

http://myersmedia.co.uk/2014/paddy-mcguinness-show-on-bauer-network/

Myers has got it spot-on. Paddy McGuinness has to tone down his voice and learn the knack of broadcasting on the radio, and the producers start learning to vet Paddy's output. Otherwise this gamble by Bauer will backfire as listeners switch off en-masse.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night on the late show with Jim Symon on GHN seemed different from normal. The 6 big songs from the 1960's at 11pm and triple stack of love songs before 1am were suddenly dropped from last night's show. Plus there was less of the usual texts from listeners.

Hope it's not a sign of it being axed i.e. replaced by a show from Manchester. It's very worrying.

Also John Leslie, sitting in for Gina McKie mentioned the Home Run this afternoon instead of Drivetime. Seems to be following the FM stations in that respect.

Also if you look at the RDS on your DAB set for Forth 2, Clyde 2, Tay AM etc it mentions e.g. "This is 1548 Forth 2 playing just great songs across Edinburgh, The Lothians and Fife" scrolling on the bottom display instead of Song title and artist, Text 61025, Tel 0845 500 1152, Forth 2 - The Greatest Hits etc scrolling.
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    david16 wrote: »

Also if you look at the RDS on your DAB set for Forth 2, Clyde 2, Tay AM etc it mentions e.g. "This is 1548 Forth 2 playing just great songs across Edinburgh, The Lothians and Fife" scrolling on the bottom display instead of Song title and artist, Text 61025, Tel 0845 500 1152, Forth 2 - The Greatest Hits etc scrolling.

I noticed that. Really annoying if you want to know the name of a song! I hope the majority of the shows stay from Scotland but with the changes on the "1" stations it's only a matter of time. I hope Riddy keeps his Sunday morning show.
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    This could mean nothing, but I notice Robin Galloway's face has been deleted from the presenters list on the greatest hits network's websites.
    http://www.clyde2.com/on-air/

http://www.gallowaybreakfast.com now just redirects to clyde2.com also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could mean nothing, but I notice Robin Galloway's face has been deleted from the presenters list on the greatest hits network's websites.
    http://www.clyde2.com/on-air/

http://www.gallowaybreakfast.com now just redirects to clyde2.com also.

Yeah, very curious. The link to his profile on the "On Air" section is just named "Breakfast" now and the articles section has a post from Robin dated 16th October but if you click it is only the show graphic.

The schedule is still last week's so who knows what is up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Galloway's Twitter account now makesno mention of the breakfast show! Presume his stint has now ended. Changes on Bauer AM network now beginning. Wonder who will take over in the interim. They should bring back Riddy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Don't know if this is related but Ewan Cameron no longer listed on Heart Breakfast - only Cat. This week Paul Harper is covering breakfast. If you look at Galloway's Twitter profile picture there is a heart shaped island shown as his profile picture?
  • Options
    CS73CS73 Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    alec1873 wrote: »
    Don't know if this is related but Ewan Cameron no longer listed on Heart Breakfast - only Cat. This week Paul Harper is covering breakfast. If you look at Galloway's Twitter profile picture there is a heart shaped island shown as his profile picture?

The Heart Scotland Twitter page has also removed the cover photo advertising the Ewen and Cat breakfast show
  • Options
    MSBMSB Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alec1873 wrote: »

"A new chapter is about to begin. Id love you to join me. ❤️"

2 + 2 = ?