Options

30 minutes to get ready?yeah,sure!

chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
Forum Member
why don't they script the actor on the phone to say "you have 2 hours" to be ready.It would be more realistic.

20 people,many just waking from their sleep,and we are supposed to believe,they all shower/shave/apply make up/have hair/eat brekkie done in 30 minutes? 20 road runners could not manage that:confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Also even if it was true, the contestants have been watching for 10 years and know the drill. They would all be up at 6.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nicluc wrote: »
    Also even if it was true, the contestants have been watching for 10 years and know the drill. They would all be up at 6.

Getting up at 6 wouldn't have helped the other day, as they were up at 4.30am.

And OP, it was 20 minutes before the cars came the other day too. And I agree this isn't credible unless each one had a bathroom.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    In Series 1, there was one occasion where the boys avoided telling any of the girls until right before they had to leave, so that they were all dressed up and had got all the hot water etc. Incidentally, that was the episode in which the girls created the infamous Secret Signals...
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Series 1, there was one occasion where the boys avoided telling any of the girls until right before they had to leave, so that they were all dressed up and had got all the hot water etc. Incidentally, that was the episode in which the girls created the infamous Secret Signals...

That was in revenge for the girls taking all the bread and sandwich stuff the day before so they wouldn't have to buy lunch. Oddly providing lunch has never been an issue since - presumably they get fed or have a separate kitty for it now.
    I did find the not telling the girls rather petty and it gave me a pretty poor impression of eventual winner Tim whose idea it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    That was in revenge for the girls taking all the bread and sandwich stuff the day before so they wouldn't have to buy lunch. Oddly providing lunch has never been an issue since - presumably they get fed or have a separate kitty for it now.
    I did find the not telling the girls rather petty and it gave me a pretty poor impression of eventual winner Tim whose idea it was.

Yeah, I agree.

It gave quite a good early impression of Miriam though, as she was already up and about and realised what the boys were doing. She appeared to be the only member of the girls' team sharp enough to do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I agree.

It gave quite a good early impression of Miriam though, as she was already up and about and realised what the boys were doing. She appeared to be the only member of the girls' team sharp enough to do that.

Ahh - the lovely Miriam! Sigh. My first apprentice crush!;-)

She was from a hotel background so likely was used to early rises.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    The cars will be there in 30 minutes.

Bet the cars are then hanging around for another 30 minutes, before leaving.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So does anyone have the real answer for this?

Surely in 10 years someone must have spilled the beans on what happens in the morning???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't recall who it was, but at least one of the previous contestants confirmed that they get as long as they need to get ready. Clearly with the amount of grooming both the male & females do there's no way twenty of them will get all their sh1t done in twenty minutes;-)
  • Options
    MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they were looking around the house in the first episode of this series I'm sure one of them said there's only one shower. So I've always thought with how made up they all look the whole 20/30 minutes to get ready thing is bollocks.
  • Options
    AmiciAmici Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I always wonder what would happen if they just ignored the phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely the cars just have to wait for them. What are they going to do, drive away and have no show?
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amici wrote: »
    I always wonder what would happen if they just ignored the phone.

Mass firing, no winner and the shortest series ever....???:D
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for the actress that plays the receptionist, she has to get up early too
  • Options
    Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the actress that plays the receptionist, she has to get up early too

It would be my guess that the "receptionist" records her lines, and the filmed phone call is simply a recording, or even a member of production staff, with the receptionists line edited in for the TV show after filming.

The drivers/camera operators/producers on the other hand - particularly in a task such as task 1 when they have to set up the pile of goods before the candidates arrive. They must have nocturnal schedules!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would be my guess that the "receptionist" records her lines, and the filmed phone call is simply a recording, or even a member of production staff, with the receptionists line edited in for the TV show after filming.

The drivers/camera operators/producers on the other hand - particularly in a task such as task 1 when they have to set up the pile of goods before the candidates arrive. They must have nocturnal schedules!

Sometimes they actually interact with the receptionist on the phone (very rare, but it happens occasionally).
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cameras must arrive first though

Edit - before the phone call I mean
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »
    The cameras must arrive first though

Edit - before the phone call I mean

I think that the camera crew probably stay with them in the house. The houses always seem to have a lot of bedrooms and bathrooms, but they always seem to be really crowded. I bet at least one bedroom is for the camera crew.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They also have minders that stay in the house with the contestants - to stop them from having sex with each other! :D

That last part was featured in the article about the full on fling with 2 of the contestants.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the camera crew probably stay with them in the house. The houses always seem to have a lot of bedrooms and bathrooms, but they always seem to be really crowded. I bet at least one bedroom is for the camera crew.

Yes that would make sense, they must be told when filming is going to start though and they make sure they look presentable. Most men can get ready in half hour though can't they?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that would make sense, they must be told when filming is going to start though and they make sure they look presentable. Most men can get ready in half hour though can't they?!

Normally yes but with 20 people and limited space to get ready it will naturally take longer. I would suspect that the 20 minutes phone call is real and it is the dash to get ready that is staged (on the most part) however I'm sure there will be some who really do rush to be ready in that time. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Most men could easily - I certainly could and scoff some breakfast too:D
    But most male apprentices are as highly coiffered and groomed as the females.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »
    Getting up at 6 wouldn't have helped the other day, as they were up at 4.30am.

Alright, you know what I meant.
  • Options
    caduceacaducea Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Agree that would be impossible for them all to look so polished and immaculate in just 20 minutes.
    But I've also always thought that in all the big houses they stay in there is only ONE phone? And sometimes they have to rush down 2 flights of stairs to answer it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caducea wrote: »
    Agree that would be impossible for them all to look so polished and immaculate in just 20 minutes.
    But I've also always thought that in all the big houses they stay in there is only ONE phone? And sometimes they have to rush down 2 flights of stairs to answer it?

I'm sure there are other phones, after all many of them have close family to keep in contact with.
    But theres only one SugarPhone - though IMHO they should set it up like the BatPhone:)