Options

The Kitchen, BBC2 9pm 6.10.14

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Bah, the posh mum and her kids are annoying me. Esp the way the boy ran into the garden and basically manhandled the beagle. Spoilt bint lol

Its obvious they all just playing up to thinhe cameras. Boring show
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karlay ....well that's a new one!:D:D:D
  • Options
    trevorptrevorp Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Karlay ....well that's a new one!:D:D:D

Pretentious or what!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bah, the posh mum and her kids are annoying me. Esp the way the boy ran into the garden and basically manhandled the beagle. Spoilt bint lol

Its obvious they all just playing up to thinhe cameras. Boring show

It is boring isn't it? Just killing time until I start reading my book in bed.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knives and forks in the wrong hands, elbows on the table, talking with your mouth full ! So many people don't care I know, but it's annoying me !! Some very nice meals in this episode, even the Cardiff family did a good roast pork Sunday lunch.
  • Options
    trevorptrevorp Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Knives and forks in the wrong hands...
    One of my bugbears. It isn't just that they're doing it 'wrong' but also that it looks so awkward it's a miracle they manage to get any food into their mouths.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The daughter in 'The Gales' household is awful.Nothing but up herself and smart arse comments from her so far.
    All in all I am enjoying it.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    The daughter in 'The Gales' household is awful.Nothing but up herself and smart arse comments from her so far.
    All in all I am enjoying it.

If they're the ones with the swimming pool I agree. She seems incapable of having a normal conversation without all the platitudes and the smart ass remarks.

I like the old couple. :)
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't watch this as I can't stand cookery programmes, or anything involving kitchens or food, of any description.

Digressing.

I've for a while called the BBC "the cookery channels," there's so many of 'em.

I was amused to read today in the press, how even David Attenborough, who has had a life-long association with the BBC, has said that about them too.
  • Options
    diplodocusdiplodocus Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying this. Second episode had me laughing quite a bit.
  • Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still liking the Sikh family, maybe because I too have smart arse kids with the "ticket to Switzerland" gags.

Still not warming to designer mum and daughter.

Loving the older guy's snazzy tank top and he was wearing a night shirt - didn't know they still existed :o
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    Still liking the Sikh family, maybe because I too have smart arse kids with the "ticket to Switzerland" gags.

Still not warming to designer mum and daughter.

Loving the older guy's snazzy tank top and he was wearing a night shirt - didn't know they still existed :o

I really like the old couple. They're like watching a couple set back in the 50s (apart from the dishwasher) Who actually flattens and lines up socks in a pile when they're dry? :) Enjoyed their story about when they met and he asked her to marry him. They'd only been courting for 6 months you know! .:D
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »

My Dad used to prefer them and had them up until he died two years ago. He used to send for them from a catologue, so perhaps the older man in the programme used a catologue too.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have been quite enjoying this show, favourite families are the Sikh family, the mother is very gentle and softly spoken and the dad is really witty and the older couple who I just think are great, especially the lady.

The mother and daughter in business together have a very Absolutely Fabulous dynamic about them. I must admit I do laugh when the daughter is praying purely because she goes into such detail 'Thank you for variety, we love variety with our food....'
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Have been quite enjoying this show, favourite families are the Sikh family, the mother is very gentle and softly spoken and the dad is really witty and the older couple who I just think are great, especially the lady.

The mother and daughter in business together have a very Absolutely Fabulous dynamic about them. I must admit I do laugh when the daughter is praying purely because she goes into such detail 'Thank you for variety, we love variety with our food....'

Yes, it's lovely to see such a close family and to see one that prays before eating. It's very unusual these days. I like the little boy there too, he has a great sense of humour. I didn't see the first episode, only caught this one last week. Was the first one as good?
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, anyone watching tonight. It's the last one of the series tonight :(
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh hello, didn't realise we had a thread :)

This is a real little gem of a show, I'm loving them all...even cringetastic Mr Orgasmic :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe he said that in front of his poor daughter - who has only moved down the garden path...lol
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear me! Using a large plastic bowl to melt chocolate over the hob!

Ooh I wonder what will happen?? Ur durrhhh!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear me! Using a large plastic bowl to melt chocolate over the hob!

Ooh I wonder what will happen?? Ur durrhhh!!!

He would have been better using the microwave to melt the chocolate, at least the bowl wouldn't have melted..lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh that steak sandwich... err sorry, manwich... looks so good!
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The posh dad is an absolute darling, I want him to adopt me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    He would have been better using the microwave to melt the chocolate, at least the bowl wouldn't have melted..lol

Probably would have ended up burning the chocolate though instead :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    The posh dad is an absolute darling, I want him to adopt me :D

You and me both, especially as he does all the cooking :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those rice crispie cakes look really sickly, basically chocolate rice crispies covered up..no golden syrup to bind them together. Although I hate to say it but I doubt they would even know that.. I'm still getting over the curry the dad did, it was so insipid, he used 3 jars when only 2 would have done.