Options

Fifa 15 Vs PES 2015

Comments

• Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of interest; why do people think EA would put scripting into the game?

Taking into account that they have repeatedly denied it exists. What do they have to benefit from it, doing it in an underhand manner? It's not because they think it makes the game better or realistic, because they'd just say so. They wouldn't deny its existence, there would be no reason to.

If it existed, if scripting was real, wouldn't they just take it out as people don't like it? What are they benefiting from?
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Fifa online for me is so frustrating so i dont play online anymore. I play my friends and struggle but play em in person and they get mauled.

yup says it all right there.

mojo- i woul imagine if everyone gets fair share of wins it means poor players are not turned away from buying it year in year out.

also alot of people experience it but not everyone logs on to net to complain(heck some put it down to luck), as long as EA make money they wont care.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earlier today I flipped a coin 10 times, the first 9 it came up heads, based on my previous experience I knew the only outcome should be a heads the tenth time, little did I know the coin had scripting and the 10th flip was always destined to land on tails*

*not really

Think of FIFA like Rock, Paper, Scissors you could outwit the same person 10 times in a row or 100 different people without losing but when you eventually lose it doesn't mean you've been cheated it means you have lost
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who are you trying to convince?

btw if football was like flipping a coin the top teams wouldnt win majority of their games many a time .

we have gone from upsets happen to every game is 5050 regardless of skill. realistic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    who are you trying to convince?

btw if football was like flipping a coin the top teams wouldnt win majority of their games many a time .

we have gone from upsets happen to every game is 5050 regardless of skill. realistic.

I'm trying to say there is no predetermined outcome, going on a winning streak on FIFA 15 does not mean when you finally lose it was scripting

I know where you are coming from I used to believe in scripting as well, how can I get this many shots and lose, why does every deflection go to the opponent, why this how that why the bloody other

What do EA really get if there is scripting though? the best players will still end up in the highest leagues, the worst will end up in the lowest, the average players will stick around the middle, if there is scripting which effects the occasional match what does it achieve?

People will still stay in the leagues they are good enough to be in so the entire concept of scripting is entirely useless, the only thing it would effect if it exists is a couple of hundred coins on FUT, would it really be worth the effort to come up with a secret system that stops people getting 100 coins on FUT?

Though I doubt any proof would be good enough for you, its just another reason for you to hate on FIFA and praise PES which judging by your history in this thread well...
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo- i woul imagine if everyone gets fair share of wins it means poor players are not turned away from buying it year in year out.

Scripting wouldn't be the answer, matchmaking would. And it would be a heck of a lot easier. Besides, why would they risk losing the good players to encourage in the bad?

also alot of people experience it but not everyone logs on to net to complain(heck some put it down to luck), as long as EA make money they wont care.

On the contrary, people do log on to complain when they think they're being cheated; it's the ones who don't think it's scripting that don't comment. Why would they complain if they have nothing to complain about?

Also you keep bringing up luck, it's not just luck, it's psychological as much as anything as I've said many many times. Luck plays a part but it's the way in which people subconsciously react to situations, coupled with an inherent human desire to find patterns in everything. It's natural to look for reason in randomness, to see design where it isn't. That's why religion is one major link between every civilisation that's ever existed. It's natural human behaviour.

Just believing isn't enough. You need proof, facts. Billions of people around the world believe in their God, but either the vast majority or all of them are wrong. Belief isn't proof. To the individual what they see as patterns and results are enough to justify their own faith but it doesn't make their God real; in fact at the very best millions and millions of them are incorrect, no matter how convinced they are of their faith nor how many "proofs" they've experienced.

This is the same thing, on a different scale.

Now, I feel I must say this again - I do not know for certain if it exists or not (scripting). But, to me, the most logical explanation is that it doesn't. It bothers me that not only are you utterly convinced that it's real, you mock those who don't as stupid unbelievers, that our eyes are closed to the "truth" that you so piously preach. Ironic, really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lmao look how you are reacting, you are the only one getting so worked up about it.

if you love fifa then you should be happy right now chap. i prefer pes,ill wait for pes. in mean time i can have discussions with BOTH fifa and pes fans about scripting and whether it exists or not.

its been an interesting debate has it not? lots of people suffering exact same issues in this thread, its like a science experiment.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy FIFA and prefer it to PES but I believe that "scripting" for want of a better word exists (I think "weighting" would be a better word as to me "scripting" implies a series of pre-determined events rather than the game being weighted in one direction.).

The thing that I notice is that it doesn't happen when you're playing Head To Head games (or Match Lobbies on 15). I played about 10 Match Lobby games last night and all were perfectly fair and normal games. I just got a bit bored of playing against Real Madrid and Bayern Munich and waiting about 5 mins to get a game though so had a few Seasons games. The first couple seemed fair, I won one and I lost one but they were both deserved. The third game I picked West Brom and strangely it matched me with Liverpool, they dominated, I think he hit the post 7 times. I scored with a free kick that hit the wall bounced onto the post, rolled all the way across the line, hit the other post and then the keeper just pushed it into the back of his own net. I then scored another, a really weak shot that his keeper pretty much dived over the top of. I won 2-0. I messaged the guy after and asked if he needed the win and surprise surprise he needed to win the game for promotion. I've not been playing it that much but up to now I've got promoted every season I've played, each one though I've been left with about 5 games to seal promotion and it's taken me right up until the final game to actually seal it mostly due to ridiculous things happening resulting in draws or losses.

The game also doesn't match you with better opponents as the season progresses, you just get matched with other people in that league.

Incidentally, does anyone know if they've got rid of the ability to quit within the first five minutes and not incur a loss? Had a game last night with very hard to distinguish kits. I've also not had anyone quitting when I've scored in the first minute which they used to do all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yup another person suffering SAME issues

as for that 5 min d/c, its ridiculous, actually makes you waste first 5 mins away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    I enjoy FIFA and prefer it to PES but I believe that "scripting" for want of a better word exists (I think "weighting" would be a better word as to me "scripting" implies a series of pre-determined events rather than the game being weighted in one direction.).

The thing that I notice is that it doesn't happen when you're playing Head To Head games (or Match Lobbies on 15). I played about 10 Match Lobby games last night and all were perfectly fair and normal games. I just got a bit bored of playing against Real Madrid and Bayern Munich and waiting about 5 mins to get a game though so had a few Seasons games. The first couple seemed fair, I won one and I lost one but they were both deserved. The third game I picked West Brom and strangely it matched me with Liverpool, they dominated, I think he hit the post 7 times. I scored with a free kick that hit the wall bounced onto the post, rolled all the way across the line, hit the other post and then the keeper just pushed it into the back of his own net. I then scored another, a really weak shot that his keeper pretty much dived over the top of. I won 2-0. I messaged the guy after and asked if he needed the win and surprise surprise he needed to win the game for promotion. I've not been playing it that much but up to now I've got promoted every season I've played, each one though I've been left with about 5 games to seal promotion and it's taken me right up until the final game to actually seal it mostly due to ridiculous things happening resulting in draws or losses.

The game also doesn't match you with better opponents as the season progresses, you just get matched with other people in that league.

Incidentally, does anyone know if they've got rid of the ability to quit within the first five minutes and not incur a loss? Had a game last night with very hard to distinguish kits. I've also not had anyone quitting when I've scored in the first minute which they used to do all the time.

A few weeks ago I would of bought this story, hell I've probably said it almost verbatim but look at it from outside of just you struggling to win a league

The only important question is What do EA gain?

Let's say we skip the real evidence part of this and say that's its true, that means EA have the most popular football game in the world for over two decades and somewhere along the road decide the new games need a system them that cheats good players, why? what is the reasoning behind it

In fact you have already paid for the game and the only they get more money is if you play FUT and pay for packs, how would making the game so its very clearly cheats you lead to you buying more packs if any? it would probably make you stop playing if anything which the literally the exact opposite of what EA want
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    A few weeks ago I would of bought this story, hell I've probably said it almost verbatim but look at it from outside of just you struggling to win a league

The only important question is What do EA gain?

Let's say we skip the real evidence part of this and say that's its true, that means EA have the most popular football game in the world for over two decades and somewhere along the road decide the new games need a system them that cheats good players, why? what is the reasoning behind it

In fact you have already paid for the game and the only they get more money is if you play FUT and pay for packs, how would making the game so its very clearly cheats you lead to you buying more packs if any? it would probably make you stop playing if anything which the literally the exact opposite of what EA want

I'm not lying. The problem is, that it happens nearly every time. I pretty much skipped Seasons completely on 14 because the problems didn't occur in Head To Head. On FIFA 13 I won the top division numerous times so it's not really me struggling because I'm crap. As I've said, I've just started playing Seasons again because they've got rid of Head to Head but I've been promoted up to division 7 in consecutive seasons, every season is the same though, mostly easy wins followed by ridiculous goings on as soon as you get within touching distance of the title.

The thing that is noticeable is that it doesn't happen in Match Lobby games!

I don't know what EA get from it but then again I don't know what EA gain from removing Head To Head and just having the ridiculous lobbies.

Bare in mind also that I'm not complaining about losing, half the time I'm complaining about winning too! Granted, sometimes you do win when you've not had the better chances, I'm happy to win if I've defended brilliantly, ground out a result and then hit them on the counter but when I've won because every tackle, rebound, loose ball just magically goes to my man and my opponent has hit the post 8 times before my 60 rated striker suddenly turns into George Best or I hit a shot that deflects off 4 people before going in it's a bit embarrassing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100% agree with jambo. good post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not lying. The problem is, that it happens nearly every time. I pretty much skipped Seasons completely on 14 because the problems didn't occur in Head To Head. On FIFA 13 I won the top division numerous times so it's not really me struggling because I'm crap. As I've said, I've just started playing Seasons again because they've got rid of Head to Head but I've been promoted up to division 7 in consecutive seasons, every season is the same though, mostly easy wins followed by ridiculous goings on as soon as you get within touching distance of the title.

The thing that is noticeable is that it doesn't happen in Match Lobby games!

I don't know what EA get from it but then again I don't know what EA gain from removing Head To Head and just having the ridiculous lobbies.

Bare in mind also that I'm not complaining about losing, half the time I'm complaining about winning too! Granted, sometimes you do win when you've not had the better chances, I'm happy to win if I've defended brilliantly, ground out a result and then hit them on the counter but when I've won because every tackle, rebound, loose ball just magically goes to my man and my opponent has hit the post 8 times before my 60 rated striker suddenly turns into George Best or I hit a shot that deflects off 4 people before going in it's a bit embarrassing.

So your complaint is that FIFA just like real football is unpredictable, I win loads easy and then lose loads that doesn't mean there is something wrong with the game
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree with jambo. good post.

I thought you weren't getting FIFA 15 but you seem to be able to agree with 100% of the complaints and disagree/ignore most of the compliments, weird that, did you change your mind and get the game before PES
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought you weren't getting FIFA 15 but you seem to be able to agree with 100% of the complaints and disagree/ignore most of the compliments, weird that, did you change your mind and get the game before PES

why does it bother you that i agree with someone you dont? and why is everything pes vs fifa with you???? thats odd man.

i owned fifa 13 and experenced exact same issues jambo does, from what ive heard from friends and family the issue is still exactly the same on 14 and 15.

you are being waaaaaaaaaaaay too defensive about this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why does it bother you that i agree with someone you dont? and why is everything pes vs fifa with you???? thats odd man.

i owned fifa 13 and experenced exact same issues jambo does, from what ive heard from friends and family the issue is still exactly the same on 14 and 15.

you are being waaaaaaaaaaaay too defensive about this.

Maybe I went to far, it was just how can you 100% agree with someone on how the new FIFA works when you have no real experience, if you had experienced it for yourself then maybe your comments would mean more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I went to far, it was just how can you 100% agree with someone on how the new FIFA works when you have no real experience, if you had experienced it for yourself then maybe your comments would mean more

its clearly not changed since 13 as the majority of posts in this thread suggest. you may well be right,dont get me wrong. but you are in the minority in this thread it seems who put it down to luck.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    its clearly not changed since 13 as the majority of posts in this thread suggest. you may well be right,dont get me wrong. but you are in the minority in this thread it seems who put it down to luck.

Majority of the posts in this thread are from you, saying how crap FIfa is, and how great PES is.

Here's this threads top post count.

User Name
    thomas2400 ---- 51
    Yuffie
    mojobrew
    Kal_El
    Lisa.J
    Speedloafer ---- 24
    the dourfla
    Gevans81
    PES 2009
    iDirtyPenguin --- 13
    Erythroleukos --- 12
    Bester
    Pink Knight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Majority of the posts in this thread are from you, saying how crap FIfa is, and how great PES is.

Here's this threads top post count.

User Name Posts
    whedon247 114
    thomas2400 51
    Yuffie 42
    mojobrew 30
    Kal_El 28
    Lisa.J 27
    Speedloafer 24
    the dourfla 21
    Gevans81 14
    PES 2009 14
    iDirtyPenguin 13
    Erythroleukos 12
    Bester 11
    Pink Knight 11
    TechnoGeek

eh? i am talking about minority in terms of views on scripting.

lmao but thanks for showing your true colours. pes vs fifa. yawn. you can keep the "rivalry" to yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So your complaint is that FIFA just like real football is unpredictable, I win loads easy and then lose loads that doesn't mean there is something wrong with the game

No, my complaint is that it is predictable, or rather the so called "unpredictability" is predictable. 99% of the time you will be able to say, "this game is going to be dodgy" and it will be, you know when the opposition is going to have a super keeper or magnetic boots or when you're going to hit the post 15 times.

As I've said, I love FIFA but this in Seasons mode is ridiculous. It wouldn't be bothering me at all if they'd just kept Head To Head as I'd be happily playing that with every game being normal, but I find myself playing Seasons because of the poor Match Lobbies. I'm basically trying to figure out whether I prefer to put up with waiting for ages for a game and constantly playing against the same teams but having fair games or getting instant games with matched teams but putting up with the dodgyness!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

lmao but thanks for showing your true colours. pes vs fifa. yawn. you can keep the "rivalry" to yourself.

Pot .............. Kettle ............. Black
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm in the minority, prove it, what are the totals sales of FIFA from 10-15 and what are the number of people who believe in scripting?

To be honest it's you who makes it FIFA vs PES, you make bold claim you can't back up because you don't own the game and any negative comments you 100% agree with when challenged and you are close to begin proved wrong you act as if the person proving you wrong its making it a competition
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, my complaint is that it is predictable, or rather the so called "unpredictability" is predictable. 99% of the time you will be able to say, "this game is going to be dodgy" and it will be, you know when the opposition is going to have a super keeper or magnetic boots or when you're going to hit the post 15 times.

As I've said, I love FIFA but this in Seasons mode is ridiculous. It wouldn't be bothering me at all if they'd just kept Head To Head as I'd be happily playing that with every game being normal, but I find myself playing Seasons because of the poor Match Lobbies. I'm basically trying to figure out whether I prefer to put up with waiting for ages for a game and constantly playing against the same teams but having fair games or getting instant games with matched teams but putting up with the dodgyness!

yeah i had same dilemma, after a while i just traded game in and bought my copy of pes 13 back.

i got rid of pes13 originally because it lagged online but once i had it back i realised even with lag it was better. konami must work on their servers though.

thomas-i said minority in this thread. you are completley overreacting to every little thing. stop making this an us against them thing please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is it that would convince you that scripting isn't real? what could be presented to you to prove that random events are random, something keepers have an amazing match sometimes they don't, sometimes defences are terrible sometimes they don't put a foot wrong, sometimes everyone is ronaldo when shooting sometimes they aren't, that is true in real football and FIFA, so what is the problem?
    yeah i had same dilemma, after a while i just traded game in and bought my copy of pes 13 back.

i got rid of pes13 originally because it lagged online but once i had it back i realised even with lag it was better. konami must work on their servers though.

thomas-i said minority in this thread. you are completley overreacting to every little thing. stop making this an us against them thing please.

You are trying to say scripting is real, I'm saying it isn't

Here's my proof: scripting isn't real so there is no evidence of it

Now your proof: ...
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This PES v FIFA debate could and probably will go on for ages. I don't own PES so won't comment on which is actually better but I will say that I have always enjoyed FIFA, regardless of winning or losing.

All this "scripting" nonsense is really getting on my nerves, if it was scripted then why would it sometimes go in your favour and sometimes against you? That is the reality of football; it won't always go your way, games won't always be easy. I find on Career Mode I tend to win around 75% of games I play, which is about the right amount. I don't find it so easy that I get bored and equally I don't struggle so much that I find it unplayable.

Instead of bringing in the PES v FIFA rubbish, can both parties just accept that they prefer one or the other and the other party doesn't? At the end of the day, it's all just a matter of opinion; there is no proof either way that scripting does or doesn't exist and until there is then the whole argument is pointless. So please just shut up about the "scripting" and talk about the game you prefer.