anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ironing board covers are cute.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to buy one of those Pudsey ironing board covers tomorrow when I log on again :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope Louis Spence doesn't start his usual prancing about.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Louis Spence doesn't start his usual prancing about.

oh no Louis Spence.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh no Louis Spence.:o

I know. I hope they feed him some tranquillisers before he starts.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can see him twirling around the studio in his own creations already:D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see him twirling around the studio in his own creations already:D:o

The thought sends shudders down my spine. :o
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not looking forward to him at all - although there looked like another irritating man on who might give him a run for his money!
    I enjoyed tonights show very much. Jenny Eclair was much better than I had expected too.
    That place with all the fabrics and trims is like a toyshop for dressmakers.
    I quite liked Patricks new look once I got used to it. I thought he looked like a WW11 RAF pilot.
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Dave's dress is rather short.

They were short in the 1960s though. The 1920s dress was way too short for the era, although I suppose if they were only inspired by a particular period then it wouldn't have to be completely authentic. I thought it would make quite a good prom dress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    J.R wrote: »
    Not looking forward to him at all - although there looked like another irritating man on who might give him a run for his money!

Someone more irritating than Louis Spence? Surely not. Why is he on telly and considered a 'celebrity'? Does anyone actually like seeing him? I saw him on Would I Lie To You for the very first time in my life and hoped never to have to suffer him again. Hopefully after the next Sewing Bee I won't have to. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame he's on with Pam Ferris cause I really like her.
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame he's on with Pam Ferris cause I really like her.

Yes if it wasn't for Pam being on with him I would give it a miss as he really is irritating. Needs a tough presenter who can 'sit' on him. Perhaps someone will whip up a straight jacket for him!
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    A few thoughts:

Don't like Patick's new facial look - bring back the beard. He should have been wearing a WW2 flying officer's uniform with that tash.
    Dave has a wife!!!!
    Dave's skirt :o Surprised me because I reckon following a sewing pattern is the same as following a recipe - only easier.
    Thought they all did well other than Dave's skirt - he improved a lot over the programme - , but I don't think I'd bid on any of them.
    Wendi has some real talent. The right person to have won and she seemed genuinely thrilled at getting the trophy.
    Nice to hear that at least two of them intend to get out their sewing machines.

Looking forward to Thursday.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed that last night, Dave is always lovely and Wendi's final dress was lovely WANT IT NOW!! Did think the flapper dress was way too short - if it was just inspired by the 20s then fine, but she completely styled it as a flapper dress with the head band, handbag etc, so came off as way too short.

Hard to decide about Patrick's new look, we were wavering between and utter cad and bounder from a 1940s Ealing comedy, a WWII fighter pilot or the hero from an Agatha Christie murder mystery. Whatever it was he did look like he should have been in a smokey, dark bar, lounging on a stool at the bar, drinking whiskey and smoking, in black and white obviously :)
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I'm going to make a plea to BBC for the next time Sewing Bee comes back - I want Patrick to grow his beard back because he just doesn't look right :(

There is a twitter campaign to get it back

He is still very handsome though;-)
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J.R wrote: »
    I enjoyed tonights show very much. Jenny Eclair was much better than I had expected too.
    That place with all the fabrics and trims is like a toyshop for dressmakers.
    I quite liked Patricks new look once I got used to it. I thought he looked like a WW11 RAF pilot.

BIB1 she's fantastic - so funny. And MUCH better than Ms. Winkelman who isn't funny AT ALL. "So rubbish flambouyancy is worse than clever boringness..." :D

BIB2. Mmm, I liked him better without the moustache, I mean with the full beard of course..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave is always lovely

He is isn't he? There's something about the other Hairy Biker which I find annoying.
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to decide about Patrick's new look, we were wavering between and utter cad and bounder from a 1940s Ealing comedy, a WWII fighter pilot or the hero from an Agatha Christie murder mystery. Whatever it was he did look like he should have been in a smokey, dark bar, lounging on a stool at the bar, drinking whiskey and smoking, in black and white obviously :)
    So were we! I just came down on the side of air force officer... but only because he's so nice. :D

I was really impressed by Dave's shift dress - okay, it didn't have the same complexity as the other dresses but it looked absolutely right. I kinda got the impression his model wasn't entering into the spirit of things, though... she seemed far more concerned about her hair than willing to wear a hair embellishment... but maybe that was me misinterpreting.

I didn't think I'd particularly enjoy the sleb version as I tend to dislike most sleb things but I really really enjoyed the prog last night. Even Jenny Eclair was bearable (normally, I don't like her). I'm looking forward to Thursday's...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »
    So were we! I just came down on the side of air force officer... but only because he's so nice. :D

We decided he looked like a WWII RAF officer too :D It's amazing how most people seem to think the same thing. :D He's incredibly sexy though - so well turned out and dapper.
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he looked dreadful!! Quite enjoyed the programme, although I wish they would broaden it away from clothes making. Will watch whichever one of the other programmes doesn't have Louie Spence in it - I can't stand to watch him in anything >:(
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,594
    Forum Member
    Anya D wrote: »
    Not sure I like Patrick's new facial hair arrangement.

What was he thinking :o Looks odd to me.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When did it start?? :o

Effing Tivo has failed me :( >:(