Options

X Factors Kingsland Road make an important announcement that will sadden their fans

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
Forum Member
http://www.kingslandrd.com/ Jay has decided that Boyband life isnt for him and he has quit the band.

Comments

• Options
    DanCleggDanClegg Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    K-Lander's?!?!

Eugh.
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have fans?
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which one was he? Not the hot one I hope?
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fans? That's optimistic.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, their off on an "American adventure" next year?!! Are they for real?!! Jay has done the right thing in quiting and moving on with his life. The band will never make it and are just dilusional
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay is the Jamaican one, the one who look different and it's sad because Kingsland now will be full white boyband :D
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Milkita wrote: »
    Jay is the Jamaican one, the one who look different and it's sad because Kingsland now will be full white boyband :D

And that matters why exactly?
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that matters why exactly?

The sad truth of the matter is that this will probably make the boyband more marketable. Look at the Vamps, 5SOS etc.
  • Options
    Jack_RamoneJack_Ramone Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    The sad truth of the matter is that this will probably make the boyband more marketable. Look at the Vamps, 5SOS etc.
    Calum Hood says hi. Also, 5sos aren't a boyband, they just happen to all be young and good looking..
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ridiculous comment!:o
    I have three letters for you.
    J L S
    and Blue

It doesn't matter.
    What matters if people care or like you - One Direction
    Their debut single was good.
    He wouldn't have obviously left if they were successful their single flopped but they are doing a Pledge album but thats it i doubt there is much money in it thats probably why. He'll probably join another band or something.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    Milkita wrote: »

Jay to me would be the one we didn't hear much sing solo on Xfactor, does it matter if they are all white???
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calum Hood says hi. Also, 5sos aren't a boyband, they just happen to all be young and good looking..
    Forgive me for thinking that boys in a band were a boyband :o
    Ridiculous comment!:o
    I have three letters for you.
    J L S
    and Blue

It doesn't matter.
    What matters if people care or like you - One Direction
    Their debut single was good.
    He wouldn't have obviously left if they were successful their single flopped but they are doing a Pledge album but thats it i doubt there is much money in it thats probably why. He'll probably join another band or something.

Oh and here it goes again. Stop pretending like race isn't a sub-conscious thing because it is. Naming 2 boybands with black members who have had success does not prove anything. For every successful boyband with a black member, I could name 5 without any ethnic members. Unfortunately that's how producers market their boybands to teenage girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would you call Black Sabbath a boyband?
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their debut single was good and they funded a music video and it still flopped.

There's no reason for it.

Why are Union J less successful than One Direction. Who knows it's just random.

Oh and K-Landers Erm NO awful fan name i prefer 'Kingers'.

I guess it's a chemistry thing you just see it's magic like the Friends cast, Girls Aloud, Spice Girls, One Direction you just can tell it works. I dont know about Kingsland Road i dont know enough.

Welll anywya i look forward to this Pledge album thing. Might be good...

He's stupid for leaving given America is on the cards, a UK tour and a Pledge album. It won't all come to much but it's some nice money they can make really young and then move on to something successful.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,539
    Forum Member
    Would you call Black Sabbath a boyband?

Nope as they are all men.

5SOS are a boyband - same as the Vamps
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh and here it goes again. Stop pretending like race isn't a sub-conscious thing because it is. Naming 2 boybands with black members who have had success does not prove anything. For every successful boyband with a black member, I could name 5 without any ethnic members. Unfortunately that's how producers market their boybands to teenage girls.

I think it was just an example that its not sub conscious for everyone, honestly enough is enough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope as they are all men.

5SOS are a boyband - same as the Vamps

5sos are all over the ages of 18, so they're not boys. Take That are all in their 50s and they're classed as a "boyband" A boyband is a voal group, not a band where the members play instruments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    5sos are all over the ages of 18, so they're not boys. Take That are all in their 50s and they're classed as a "boyband" A boyband is a voal group, not a band where the members play instruments.

You're wrong, but I can't be bothered to argue to the toss as it's about boybands
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people always have to drag race into these discussions when, in fact, 'black' artists are more popular than ever: Nicki Minaj, Little Mix, J-Zay (and a million other rappers), Beyonce, Fifth Harmony, JLS, Tinie Tempah, Ella Eyre, Emeli Sande, Rihanna etc etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why do people always have to drag race into these discussions when, in fact, 'black' artists are more popular than ever: Nicki Minaj, Little Mix, J-Zay (and a million other rappers), Beyonce, Fifth Harmony, JLS, Tinie Tempah, Ella Eyre, Emeli Sande, Rihanna etc etc.

Thank You, and always the same people its tiring
  • Options
    qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're wrong, but I can't be bothered to argue to the toss as it's about boybands

They're called a boyband because of the audience they target. No matter on how old the band are, 5sos and The Vamps will always be boybands because their music is targeted at young females. Take That were targeted at that audience when they first came around, hence their boyband tag remaining. Busted and McFLY are/were the same, despite not fitting the traditional boyband model.
  • Options
    All-NighterAll-Nighter Posts: 62
    Forum Member

50s? I'm sure they'd love to hear that! :p
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,006
    Forum Member
    They are still together? Wow
  • Options
    Stan_BStan_B Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually he's right and you're wrong. If you think about it how long has the term boy band even been around. Probably since about the time that Take That came on the scene. Google it if you think you're still right. I like the urban dictionary definition " a group of sissy boys who do not play instruments".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stan_B wrote: »
    Actually he's right and you're wrong. If you think about it how long has the term boy band even been around. Probably since about the time that Take That came on the scene. Google it if you think you're still right. I like the urban dictionary definition " a group of sissy boys who do not play instruments".

You've resorted to urban dictionary haha they're boy bands but it's sweet you think otherwise