Options

Question Time 23/10/2014

Comments

• Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Not Flint again, she rubs me up the wrong way. Few people make me reach for the remote, but she's one.

She'll be playing to audience as always, seeking approval as she spouts her usual array of tired old cliches.....but I'm sure McCluskey will give her a run for the money in that dept.
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if those on the panel get paid for appearing? Just curious.;-)

As I understand it everybody gets offered a fee. The convention is for the politicians to waive it. What the non mps do is up to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    She'll be playing to audience as always, seeking approval as she spouts her usual array of tired old cliches.....but I'm sure McCluskey will give her a run for the money in that dept.

And the liverpool audience will lap it all up. It doesn't matter what's being said, so long as it's tory bashing it will be well received. The day Liverpool pulls a Newbury will be the day the labour party ceases to exist.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,704
    Forum Member
    Rafer wrote: »
    And the liverpool audience will lap it all up. It doesn't matter what's being said, so long as it's tory bashing it will be well received. The day Liverpool pulls a Newbury will be the day the labour party ceases to exist.

The same could be said for the vast number of posters on this thread if you change Tory bashing to Labour bashing
    Love how a bunch of right wingers moan to each other every week on here about the perceived left bias of the QT audience
  • Options
    CoolSharpHarpCoolSharpHarp Posts: 7,565
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    The same could be said for the vast number of posters on this thread if you change Tory bashing to Labour bashing
    Love how a bunch of right wingers moan to each other every week on here about the perceived left bias of the QT audience

Does it remind you of being on the Scottish independence threads and reading the whinging from the YES side about supposed BBC bias.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does it remind you of being on the Scottish independence threads and reading the whinging from the YES side about supposed BBC bias.

Never bought into that myself but remember that a lot of the usual suspects dismissed it yet when it suits their agenda (every QT) then the BBC is the most biased broadcaster ever
    Most of these threads for QT are interchangeable Just alter the names of the panel in the OP and then add the usual petty comments from previous weeks But hey Some people enjoy it
  • Options
    JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    sparkie70 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but why should Labour get an easy time from the audience? a few questioned why Labour jumped on Lord Freud & had a point.
    Always interesting to watch Alex Salmond & hopefully won't give Flinty & Mclusky an easy ride. Don't know the UKIP person & Harper ain't much going by the other day with Flinty.

But Labour usually get any easy time on QT. There is almost always a very noisy majority of Labour supporters on QT and always lots of applause for anyone criticising the Tories.

It is what we have come to expect. What went wrong last week ?
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    But Labour usually get any easy time on QT. There is almost always a very noisy majority of Labour supporters on QT and always lots of applause for anyone criticising the Tories.

It is what we have come to expect. What went wrong last week ?

Perhaps it's not true?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it's not true?

Amy Rutland
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy Rutland

What's your point? Are you suggesting there should be a rule against members of any political parties being present in the audience? I think that would be rather difficult to police.
  • Options
    angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member
    What's your point? Are you suggesting there should be a rule against members of any political parties being present in the audience? I think that would be rather difficult to police.

It would.

I can remember when the show came to my area a while ago. In the forefront of the audience could be seen many of the political obsessives and activists that frequent the letters columns of the local papers.
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it too late for a question to be asked on whether Cameron can refuse the EU's demand of an extra top up of £1.7 billion? France and Germany to receive massive rebates.
  • Options
    Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And we're off
  • Options
    LenkaLenka Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it too late for a question to be asked on whether Cameron can refuse the EU's demand of an extra top up of £1.7 billion? France and Germany to receive massive rebates.

Well that needs answering with a big fat NO.

Hope they ask.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the 78 year old

err

person
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry but who's Harry Roberts??
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow Flint already talking over people

Jeez that gesture made her look arrogant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do we differentiate between the murder of a police officer and the murder of anybody else? Shouldn't the penalty for both be one and the same?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile...

Well, I know I do not like Flint, but she always used to look after herself, she looks haggard.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is capital punishment woman?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do we differentiate between the murder of a police officer and the murder of anybody else? Shouldn't the penalty for both be one and the same?

IMO, yes. However, the killing of a police officer, well how many criminals would that officer have put away in his/her career? I wonder if that has a bearing on the differentiation.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,932
    Forum Member
    Wow Flint already talking over people

Jeez that gesture made her look arrogant

What do you mean 'make her look arogant' :D ........ her total demenor is arrogance, then she starts mouthing off. :eek:

Here she goes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No surprise there
    UKIP do not have a policy on capital punishment but lets have a referendum
    /what else do UKIP propose we have a referendum on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the moustache.:o