Options

Doc Martin (Part 17 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whale wrote: »
    Any ideas what DM, family, and villagers should dress up as at Halloween..

I was sick of that page too!
  • Options
    earlgrey152earlgrey152 Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Mofromco wrote: »
    I was sick of that page too!

Sorry - to which page are you referring? I feel like I'm missing something! As unlikely as it seems that DM would dress-up for Hallowe'en, it's amusing to think of the possibilities :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Sorry - to which page are you referring? I feel like I'm missing something! As unlikely as it seems that DM would dress-up for Hallowe'en, it's amusing to think of the possibilities :)

I interpreted it to mean that it had been so long between posts that DS page p. 133 had been up for ages. whale's post started a new page.

Can't you just imagine ME's reaction if any villagers were foolhardy enough to to trick or treat at his cottage? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hester_52 wrote: »
    I interpreted it to mean that it had been so long between posts that DS page p. 133 had been up for ages. whale's post started a new page.

Can't you just imagine ME's reaction if any villagers were foolhardy enough to to trick or treat at his cottage? :)

That's precisely what I meant. Page 133 had been up for weeks and weeks and I was sick of looking at it. It was a joke. We need something new.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mofromco wrote: »
    That's precisely what I meant. Page 133 had been up for weeks and weeks and I was sick of looking at it. It was a joke. We need something new.

Oh, okay, thanks for the clarification. That makes much more sense, as I thought maybe you were referring to a page on another website about DM Hallowe'en costumes!
  • Options
    BloodphobiaBloodphobia Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    I thought you were referring to one of the Facebook pages They are quite entertaining
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, okay, thanks for the clarification. That makes much more sense, as I thought maybe you were referring to a page on another website about DM Hallowe'en costumes!

I was confused too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whale wrote: »
    Any ideas what DM, family, and villagers should dress up as at Halloween..

Bert: Santa Claus
    Al: An elf
    The Colonel: Dress up like a woman….;-)
    Holly: Wicked witch
    Penhale: He would be stupid enough to dress like a cop.
    Chris Parsons: He reminds me of Benjamin Franklin, a little.
    LG: Lois Lane
    DM: He would never ever dress in a costume.
    Morwenna: I can see her as a zombie
    Mrs. T: Dressed as a Joker
  • Options
    ZarwenZarwen Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    mmDerdekea wrote: »

Excellent, Mona! I would like to add Carrie Wilson as a naughty nurse and Pauline as a space alien.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline Catz plays "Ash" along with Lisa Faulkner "Scribbs" on Murder in Suburbia. Jeremy Sheffield plays "Boss," or DCI Sullivan. Did they ever utter his first name?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Penhale dressed up as a New York City cop for what he had been told was a fancy dress party in Series 6.

The colonel as a woman is perfect -- and maybe Ross, the surfer, too
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes, I can definitely see these, especially Morwenna as a zombie. Although, I could also see her going as something whimsical, such as a mermaid, or a garden fairy.

As for James Henry - a baby in a pumpkin costume is always a winner, IMO. Oh, but what if Louisa dressed him in a puppy costume, just to see Martin's look of consternation? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry about the confusion....many times what I'm thinking isn't clear when I write it down. Bear in mind that when you don't understand my posts they're probably a joke or something sarcastic..that's just me. Not to be self aggrandizing, but I have written a rather long fanfic about the characters from "Beauty", a nice little hour long special that Martin Clunes did in 2004. The characters are really rich and the actors had such chemistry that it was sad when the hour was over...so I decided it wasn't over. More info below, but first you have to watch the program.

http://youtu.be/0iLNPbnRPwM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok...regarding the fanfic. It's under misc. movies so no one can find it. When I started I had just read a fanfic that alternated characters, so I tried the format. It is a bit awkward and unclear especially at first but by the time I realized I was stuck with it so I honed my way of alternating dialog and it's not too bad. I embrace my wonky punctuation and sentence fragments....people don't talk in sentences. At the beginning it's too flowery and I repeat statements a few times throughout, but when you write a chapter at a time you forget what you may have said before. The over abundance of adjectives died down as well, to a certain extent. Lastly my story is good overall but it is interspersed with graphic sexual scenes. If these things offend you, this fanfic is not for you. It is heathy, lusty sex between two adults who are passionately in love. The final kiss in the TV piece sent my brain in lots of directions. I need more readers. Give it a try.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10164598/1/Beauty-The-Story-Continues
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Penhale dressed up as a New York City cop for what he had been told was a fancy dress party in Series 6.

The colonel as a woman is perfect -- and maybe Ross, the surfer, too

Oops, you're right Bloodphobia about Penhale. Thanks for the reminder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zarwen wrote: »
    Excellent, Mona! I would like to add Carrie Wilson as a naughty nurse and Pauline as a space alien.

LOL! I can see those two clearly in those costumes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I can definitely see these, especially Morwenna as a zombie. Although, I could also see her going as something whimsical, such as a mermaid, or a garden fairy.

As for James Henry - a baby in a pumpkin costume is always a winner, IMO. Oh, but what if Louisa dressed him in a puppy costume, just to see Martin's look of consternation? :D

Earlgrey, those are great options for JH and Morwenna, although she may be too canny for simple garden fairy--maybe banshee would work better for her! :)
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My entry for Halloween at the Ellinghams:

Papa bear - Martin dressed up in bear outfit complete with stethoscope around his neck and his doctor's bag in hand;
    Mama bear - Louisa dressed up in bear outfit with a pink bow in hair, and carrying her Bottegaveneta Ebano Intrecciato Nappa Maxi Veneta brown hobo weaved leather handbag.
    Baby bear - James Henry dressed as his parents, playing with a tiny plastic pumpkin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    My entry for Halloween at the Ellinghams:

Papa bear - Martin dressed up in bear outfit complete with stethoscope around his neck and his doctor's bag in hand;
    Mama bear - Louisa dressed up in bear outfit with a pink bow in hair, and carrying her Bottegaveneta Ebano Intrecciato Nappa Maxi Veneta brown hobo weaved leather handbag.
    Baby bear - James Henry dressed as his parents, playing with a tiny plastic pumpkin.

That bag is $2350 at Saks....and to twirl it around like that! If I ever were to have one (which I will not) I'd probably put it on a pedestal and admire it as a piece of art! Wow! It's one of Philippa's trademarks. She has a blue grey one now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you want to buy a Bottega Veneta bag try luxury closet.com. They have gently or never used bags at amazing prices. I bought a Chanel tote there for about 70% off the Neiman's price. They carry Birkin bags occasionally too. Jules.com in the UK has great sales too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to buy a Bottega Veneta bag try luxury closet.com. They have gently or never used bags at amazing prices. I bought a Chanel tote there for about 70% off the Neiman's price. They carry Birkin bags occasionally too. Jules.com in the UK has great sales too

Good tips but I don't need that. I'm fine with $100 bag. What really blows my mind is bathing suits...a yard of spandex for $1000.....don't quite get that one.

Love to talk Doc Martin soon...when there's something to talk about.
  • Options
    SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. If you were going to dress up for Halloween as a DM character, which character would you choose?

2. And what particular look, style, item(s) would you wear to depict the character?

3. Or, if it is easier to answer, what scene that the character was in would you choose to dress like they did?

Happy Halloween!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    1. If you were going to dress up for Halloween as a DM character, which character would you choose?

2. And what particular look, style, item(s) would you wear to depict the character?

3. Or, if it is easier to answer, what scene that the character was in would you choose to dress like they did?

Happy Halloween!

I would be James Henry in the scene where Martin is reading to him from the medical journal. I'm not too good at sewing, and the costume would be simple to make (diaper not required :cool:)
  • Options
    ZarwenZarwen Posts: 249
    Forum Member

Happy Halloween!

Louisa in the opening scene of "The Two of Us.". :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zarwen wrote: »
    Louisa in the opening scene of "The Two of Us.". :D:D:D
    Louisa's "costume" requires no sewing!
This discussion has been closed.