Options

Doctor Who: In the Forest of the Night - 25/10/14 (BBC One/HD - 8.20pm) Discussion

Comments

• Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    I didn't mind the episode at all but the sister returned? How. Who. Where. When . What . Why
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. That really was the biggest waste of my time since Fear Her.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless I'm mistaken, that was one of those rare episodes that come along every couple of years where everybody lives!
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to vote poor for that one.
  • Options
    DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of a meh plot, with an ending that wasn't needed (Girl materialises from the bushes..)

Didn't have high hopes for this episode in the first place unfortunately, which is a shame after the episode last week which I really enjoyed, next weeks looks absolutely fantastic though going from that preview.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    The worst episode since Fear Her (imo).

This was way better than fear her
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    Unless I'm mistaken, that was one of those rare episodes that come along every couple of years where everybody lives!

I'm sure a few fans died of boredom. :p
  • Options
    Jordanx1980Jordanx1980 Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Hmmmmm wasn't too keen on that! Probably
    My least favourite in quite a while :-(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Finally! The episode where I start warming to this Doctor (not the actor, not the performance - which has been unsurprisingly exemplary from one of my all time favourite actors, but the character.) We finally see the Doctor able to be affected by the emotions of others, and to save the day not because it's the right or the logical thing to do, but because he's touched by the consequences of just walking away (Kill The Moon) and the emotions of those around him.

My suspicion is the majority will disagree, but this will go down as one of my favourite nu-Who episodes. Aside from finally turning this Doctors character around (probably for me alone), we had a nice concept - which didn't need setting up, so we could jump straight into the situation - we had character development (for all three - including Mr Pink - major characters). We had an actually not-as-bad-as-most-young-actors group of young actors. We had humour. We had tigers. And we had a reasonably decent conclusion.

My only complaint, I only start caring about this Doctor the episode before 'The Conclusion'. I get the idea of a less 'user friendly' Doctor, but it would have been nice to emphasise with him earlier in the series.
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next weeks looks stunning
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone ever see The Tenth Kingdom? If you take that and add a pinch of "Fear Her" then you'd get that episode! Was thinking it all the way through.

Enjoyed it though. Next week's looks incredible
  • Options
    HorsebiteHorsebite Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I didn't really like it. It felt a bit like a "protect the environment" documentary with some other stuff thrown in. The children were annoying and the plot was weak. However, next week looks absolutely amazing.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    I liked fear her, was it that bed ?

I also enjoyed fear her I don't understand why some people hate it.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was ok but most of its ideal audience were probably already sent to bed by their parents before it started.
  • Options
    thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, presumably Nelson's Column is still in pieces and the zoo animals are on the streets. Crickey that was pants!
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horsebite wrote: »
    I didn't really like it. It felt a bit like a "protect the environment" documentary with some other stuff thrown in. The children were annoying and the plot was weak. However, next week looks absolutely amazing.

Yep If the actors are good its fine but why do they keep casting children who CANT act.. its like they deliberately select the annoying ones. "put me down I hate you". I will never forget that line she's just been grabbed by a bloody Cyber man..:D
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone enjoy the brief moments of the poll where it hasn`t yet been flashmobbed to rate excellent/good.
  • Options
    nextexitnextexit Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    And so they all lived happily ever after after...

Except for little Timothy, who got mauled to death by a wandering Tiger. :D

Presumably the tigers and wolves were still trotting round Central London afterwards :kitty:
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems I wasn't the only one who was getting vibes of 'Fear Her'.

I thought it was a poor episode overall although given that the most exciting thing seen in the trailer was an angry tiger I wasn't really expecting much.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Let's just call a spade a spade: it was shit.

Anyone want to explain why the missing girl was in a bush at the end?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Everyone enjoy the brief moments of the poll where it hasn`t yet been flashmobbed to rate excellent/good.

My voting has been all over the place this series, it's been real love/hate for me.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As was the case with most episodes this season...a good idea that wasn't executed as well as it could've been. Felt a bit too much like a Green Party broadcast, but I did enjoy it.:)
    garbage456 wrote: »
    I didn't mind the episode at all but the sister returned? How. Who. Where. When . What . Why

I can only assume this is a question that's going to be answered in the finale because it was out of place and completely baffling.:confused:
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of an opinion-divider, I reckon. I first watched this on Tuesday and wasn't so sure but it's grown on me since. Not of the standard of the last two episodes, but actually pretty good in a fairy-tale, social politics kinda way.

My review, if anyone's interested --> Link
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always go into an episode with an open mind, but that was poor. Not awful, but tedious and boring. An episode this weak should not be placed this late in the series run... It shouldn't be in it at all tbh!!!

Voted Poor. :(

Anyway next weeks episode looks... Interesting! ;)
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So a small child calls and says the trees are your friends, and you accept it, I hang up and assume its a prank call