Comments

• Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    Is that definite?

I must have turned over before the end again :blush:

Me neither.

Watching her eat burnt shit whilst pretending to everyone that it wasn't actually burnt and tasted wonderful, was embarrassing.

it looked like all the eliminated contestants are coming back for a mystery box challenge , whether its just a one off and winner gets back into the show or not I've no idea tho
  • Options
    skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Noooooooooooooooo

My 'friend' has just told me the winner!!

I'm raging!! (Not at who wins lol)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Did anyone notice when Sarah was rolling her chicken one minute is was in streaky bacon and the next it was something different?!?!
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the heck was on Nicky's plate? A couple of crumbs?

I'd semi-forgotten about Emily's wildly OTT facial expressions/reactions to everything. Hilarious.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skiprunner wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooo

My 'friend' has just told me the winner!!

I'm raging!! (Not at who wins lol)
    Please don't let it be Jamie......or Amy :(

I'm chuffed that Sarah's back but it's still cheating really.

She'll have had the benefit of being around her loved-ones etc for a couple of weeks and you cannot underestimate how much of a boost that must be in such a highly pressurised competition.

Gives her an unfair advantage IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anyone else reminded of jack Nicholson in "the shining" when rachael did her "guess who's back" line in the VTs at the start

glad sarah is back as thought she had been one of the best in the competition but agree it feels a bit wrong that someone can get a second chance like this
  • Options
    susziesuszie Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    What was Tracy's advantage of winning the mystery box.
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can Renea/Kira/Colin please go. Usually in MCA I dont dislike anyone, but I really do dislike those three, ughh...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    suszie wrote: »
    What was Tracy's advantage of winning the mystery box.

she became exempt from being eliminated this week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I hate that they let people back in. It's nothing more than a ratings gimmick, but makes a complete mockery of the so-called competition. What if Brendan had got back in? Some guy who cooked, what, two dishes getting a shot at the title against people who have slaved their guts out for weeks? I know it's only a TV show, but it's just plain wrong.

I really liked Sarah, but she went home fair and square and is now back in with the added benefit of skipping straight past several eliminations.

Still, I suppose I should be grateful that gurning Rachel didn't get back in. I think I would have worn the fast-forward button out.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    anyone else reminded of jack Nicholson in "the shining" when rachael did her "guess who's back" line in the VTs at the start

glad sarah is back as thought she had been one of the best in the competition but agree it feels a bit wrong that someone can get a second chance like this

My thoughts exactly. If they've got to bring somebody back, then better Sarah than anybody else. She's a seriously good cook, but it doesn't seem fair to bring an eliminated contestant back unless there's a Mat Beyer situation or another contestant has to drop out for any reason.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bugger - for the second year running I have inadvertently looked up one of the contestants on Wiki and now know who the winner is.

Don't do it folks! Wiki is your enemy! :o
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    What the heck was on Nicky's plate? A couple of crumbs?

I'd semi-forgotten about Emily's wildly OTT facial expressions/reactions to everything. Hilarious.

I am just watching this back now... god that boy is a MESS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can Renea/Kira/Colin please go. Usually in MCA I dont dislike anyone, but I really do dislike those three, ughh...
    I like those three - especially Renae and Kira.......my dislike this year is for Jamie (smug/arrogant and not nearly as good as he thinks he is) and Amy (has an attitude problem in the group challenges).
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like those three - especially Renae and Kira.......my dislike this year is for Jamie (smug/arrogant and not nearly as good as he thinks he is) and Amy (has an attitude problem in the group challenges).

I like Renae too. Not fussed about Kira and Colin, or Amy or even Jamie, either although I can see how they'd get people's backs up. And I'd prefer them not to win! Emelia is still the only one who makes me grit my teeth.

I don't mind them bringing people back but I prefer the method from Season 1 where they actually looked through people's performances in the kitchen and brought a few back they thought had gone earlier than they should. The way they did it this year someone weak could have fluked their way in on one good dish then not lasted past the next elimination. Maybe limiting it to the last few eliminated could be a compromise, if they have to do it at all.
  • Options
    Barry_SimBarry_Sim Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    What a waste of time last nights episode was, just a fix to the get Sarah the woman with the personality of cardboard back into the competition, what a lod of rubbish and waste of the other ex contestants' time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barry_Sim wrote: »
    What a waste of time last nights episode was, just a fix to the get Sarah the woman with the personality of cardboard back into the competition, what a lod of rubbish and waste of the other ex contestants' time
    I couldn't give a shit about her personality - nor anyone else's for that matter.

Thankfully, they're not chosen for this show on that basis.

All I care about is whether or not they're a decent cook (which she is) and I'll even back the ones I'm not keen on if they have have strong cookery skills.
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    This ep was really more of a filler. I don't like either bringing back in ALL the eliminated contestants as quite few of them particularly the early kick outs were useless anyway.

I think if the producers are bringing back any of them ( and this was not the first season it was done anyway) it should have been the last 5 eliminated ones as they would have more credibility in getting a 2nd chance since they would have already done a lot of learning up until their elimination.

JTA that Rachel has such a slappable face..loathe her!
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Bugger - for the second year running I have inadvertently looked up one of the contestants on Wiki and now know who the winner is.

Don't do it folks! Wiki is your enemy! :o

Yeah I made the mistake of looking up one of the contestants on twitter so know some of the outcome
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoahBoy wrote: »
    I hate that they let people back in. It's nothing more than a ratings gimmick, but makes a complete mockery of the so-called competition. What if Brendan had got back in? Some guy who cooked, what, two dishes getting a shot at the title against people who have slaved their guts out for weeks? I know it's only a TV show, but it's just plain wrong.

I really liked Sarah, but she went home fair and square and is now back in with the added benefit of skipping straight past several eliminations.

Still, I suppose I should be grateful that gurning Rachel didn't get back in. I think I would have worn the fast-forward button out.

I think it's a kick in the face to the ones who have sweated tears in keeping themselves in the competition. Agreed someone could come back in on a fluke and then take the place of someone who really deserves it. Luckily Sarah is a good cook but she's spent time with her family and will be more refreshed than the others.

Yeah I googled one of the constestances last week and saw the name of the winner, didn't see who they were up against, or anymore info so it's still enjoyable. :)
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not a Kira fan, but love me a bit of Colin

"Degustation is a culinary term meaning a careful, appreciative tasting of various foods and focusing on the gustatory system, the senses, high culinary art and good company. Dégustation is more likely to involve sampling small portions of all of a chef's signature dishes in one sitting. Usually consisting of eight or more courses, it may be accompanied by a matching wine degustation which complements each dish."

Clearly this is this year's word (I must be a heathen never heard of it before MCA6)

I know the gender of the winner (thanks to an earlier post on DS :mad:) but can't for the life of me decide who it is, I just know who it isn't!

I was even nervous looking up degustation on wiki in case there was something inadvertent on there!

Oh, Sarah with her irritating "a-ha" (spoken like a cough or a clearing of the throat) Miss Personality she ain't!
  • Options
    MagpieMaisieMagpieMaisie Posts: 2,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh, duckgate! :D

Even to the guests, Sarah opens with "Hello.... ehh!" Sooo annoying!
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My negative feelings towards Kira have intensified since she didn't appear to fess up for initiating a game of "Hunt The Duck"

Brent wins - yay! Pity it didn't save him from an elimination, but a win's a win, right?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Sarah being fresh didn't help...there should be some come back about the duck...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice bit of sabotage there Kira, you twonker.

Sarah had a shocker......imagine telling the judges she was happy with the cooking of the duck breast offcuts? :o:blush:

If I were there and feared her return, that debacle would make me feel a whole lot better ;)