Options

Are you doing anything nice this Halloween?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    idlewilde wrote: »
    I've got my chocolate-dipped sprouts to give to the kiddies.

lol that's cruel
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    I've got my chocolate-dipped sprouts to give to the kiddies.

Also, instead of toffee apples you should make toffee onions for the trick or treaters.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Going to the pub.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    did anyone else used to go to a neighbours at halloween and have fireworks,hot jacket potatoes and the games with the dunking apples on string,trying to bite them in water or summat..those were fun days, halloween nights lol
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    did anyone else used to go to a neighbours at halloween and have fireworks,hot jacket potatoes and the games with the dunking apples on string,trying to bite them in water or summat..those were fun days, halloween nights lol

Yeah after the guising door to door! no one answers doors these days here, so kids put on costumes and we go round the grandparents for a mini guise, apple dookin and spooky games :) and the sweeties. I take a carved pumpkin with us on the walk, and a few nets of monkey nuts for my mum :-)
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I've made toffee apples, but the 'apples' are actually peeled onions.

I've got a bag of Brussels sprouts that I'm going to boil, then chill and dip in melted chocolate.

That'll stop 'em knocking on my door next year. :D

ETA: might see if I can get a big bag of Scotch Bonnet peppers and chocolate coat them. That'd be even better!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I've made toffee apples, but the 'apples' are actually peeled onions.

^^ HAHA!! Brilliant! :D
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Halloween Party :)

^^ This for me! GF and I are off to a fancy dress Halloween party, I'm going as Heath Ledger's Joker (apparently I do a good impression of him....) I've got the jacket, make-up and everything. I'm planning on staying in character for the whole night. :D
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to a party at a pub in town, I'm going as a raccoon. :D
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Through Thelemic mysticism , sexual magic and human sacrifice me and the lads will be summoning forth the physical form of the demon Choronzon, or we might just go to the pub.
  • Options
    scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Paranormal Activity might be on ITV. I've never been able to watch this film, I freaked out last time i tried.

I might give it a go.
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Mum recons this trick or treating should be banned as it only came out over here when the first halloween movie came out.

In other words its an american thing.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    Through Thelemic mysticism , sexual magic and human sacrifice me and the lads will be summoning forth the physical form of the demon Choronzon, or we might just go to the pub.

Go to the pub, I've already booked Choronzon for my do.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Paris Hilton? :o:p

Her cousin, Paris Travelodge :D
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mum recons this trick or treating should be banned as it only came out over here when the first halloween movie came out.

In other words its an american thing

Why is that a reason to ban something? :confused:
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Naw , naw,

Kids in Scotland have been Guising [ A variation on Trick or Treating ] on halloween since Robert The Bruce was a bairn.

The Yanks nicked it from Scotland.
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Halloween is shit.
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Going to Ultimate Power - can't wait!
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

Not really as my Mum talks about doing it when she was a kid some 20 years before the film came out
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My house is the only one on the road which doesn't have Halloween decorations out yet.

My 4 older kids have been bugging me all the time on this. I told them firmly that we'll put them up come Friday morning.

I still have last year's Halloween tub of sweets but its contents are a bit low at present so I've bought another one just in case of emergency.

I really hate this time of the year answering the front door and going all fake-smiley & asking idiotic questions to other kids (friends of my kids of course :rolls eyes: :) what they've come dressed as..:D

My mother got a bit bemused when some teen boys called at her front door last Halloween.

Mum: "Aren't you lot a bit old doing this?"

One teen boy replied: " Yep, you're right but we're feckin' starvin'." :o:D
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I've been invited to a fancy dressparty, I shall probably buy a witches hat from Poundland and wear a black dress, or drape a bed sheet over my head and be a scary ghost.

I have got some lollies (real ones, not onions dipped in toffee) for any trick or treaters.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be having a toffee apple. I had one last year and before that hadn't had one since I was a child. I had forgotten how lovely they are.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to a party that's being held in an old abandoned mental asylum near to where I live.
  • Options
    Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I'm sure this captures the spirit of Halloween for some our more sour and dour DS brethren.

http://youtu.be/skdVouumMk4?t=1m13s
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are going to a Party.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,292
    Forum Member
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Paris Hilton?

Ugh. One of the movies suggested that a group of my friends and i will watch on Halloween is that god awful House Of Wax remake. We all get one veto and i decided just now this will be mine. So thanks, i guess :D