Options

EE Episode thread 28/10/14 - Back For Good

Comments

• Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    Is it well known that Nick likes Swiss roll, or are you guys taking the piss? Or was it the cig dot recognised?

I like Sharon but she just feels like an add-on to Phil now. It's a shame, I do wish she came out on top with the con she was trying to do.

Also, manipulating her daughter like that was unforgivable, but I am enjoying Sonia's scenes lately
    It was the brand of Cigs of Dot recognised. There were his favourite.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see Johnny actually get more dialogue in an episode rather than just be a bit part in an episode.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grr sky series link didn't pick up bbc 2 bloody football!! And can't see it anywhere at 10.pm
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »

I am really liking Kush, stupid name, but a likeable, nice guy. :)

I agree, hopefully they will keep him likeable. Oh wait, that's extremely unlikely.....
    vald wrote: »
    It don't know who I like least...Phil, Nick, Sharon, Sonia or Tosh. Not keen on nuBen or Tina either.

Poor Dot.:(

I didn't like many of the people in this episode either (namely the people you mentioned) but I don't mind Ben or Tina.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sonia really is a despicable parent.
    She wants her daughter to stay so she and her husband don't split. HOwever she still wants an affair with her husband's chum.
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Being gay is a phase.
    It is in soaps
    Does Ben want to bang Abi?
    Ben 90 just wants to be friends
    lola_skye wrote: »
    He's Bisexual
    Talking to a girl does not make him bisexual....:p
    Is there any proof of this?
    None
    Grr all these kids in EE supposedly throwing away their futures!

Rebecca - music school
    Abi - Uni
    Tamwar - Uni
    But being in EE pays better
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Great chemistry between Johnny and Ben.
    They should go to college together and study science
    Tanequil wrote: »
    As soon as Phil was out the house Charlie or anybody else would have looked at the money.
    Ownnnn wrote: »
    So Charlie didn't check at all to see if the money was real?
    Maybe Charlie changed the money

NB. Do anyone know how to produce 500 pieces of plain paper exactly the same size and shape as a real note. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    It was the brand of Cigs of Dot recognised. There were his favourite.

yea, the brown wiggily thing kinda gave it away lol
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil is a legend lol do no care what anyone says. Philth is the community :D:D:cool:

Sorry Keyser i know he infuriates you.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well at least Nick did get some money as when he looked inside the bag he saw some real notes when all the rest of it were just pieces of paper
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad Carol told Sonia just what an odious, emotionally manipulative cow she was being with her daughter! >:(

Ah, I thought Phil gave in too easily [although even with all his businesses, I've never gotten the in-show logic in how he has 10K and the like available at the drop of a hat to lend someone].

And poor Dot. Seeing Nick again might send her into a fatal shock :(
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is Nick going to turn up and give pool old Dot a heart attack and hope she has left him something in her will
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he really his dad? Did he have him when he was 10 or something? Never followed ee when nick was in it
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Totally guilt tripped that poor child didnt you Sonia? What a horrid woman, now Rebecca feels its her duty to stay and make her selfish mother happy. And Sonia doesnt take any responsibility or feel bad about doing it, the way she tried to project her faults onto Carol was quite nasty.

I did feel sorry for Tosh because its obvious how much she wants a baby, but I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before she started hitting Tina again.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    Is he really his dad? Did he have him when he was 10 or something? Never followed ee when nick was in it

Nick's children and grandchildren are just invented whenever it suits.
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, ma!

Welcome back, Nick Cotton. Let's just forget how he blew up a cafe with a chair leg the last time DTC got his hands on him. This storyline has been a slow burner for a year, and it's worked so far for me. I never believed he was dead, and now he's back! I criticised about babies being involved, but you know... I take it all back. I seriously, seriously do.

Ronnie wants a baby. She wants one badly. Nick Cotton is now a threat to that baby. We know she's capable of killing. Nick, meanwhile, we know is a nutcase. This is one hell of an interesting dynamic. Chuck in Charlie. Now, at last, we know all about him. He really does care for Dot, and Ronnie, and even Nick. So much so, he was willing to swallow his pride and go begging Phil for help. Phil has screwed him over, and now Nick's going to get nasty.

Nick may have sucked last time round, but I'm enjoying him here so far. He may not be Phil's physical equal, but despite what Newman tried to paint last year, there is a fundamental difference between the two that makes Nick all the more dangerous. Phil's not a killer. At least, not directly. Nick is. Nick will get his hands dirty and do whatever, and I mean whatever, to get what he wants, and that includes harming Ronnie's child. And this new Nick, especially, really has nothing to lose. No silly retconned daughters this time. This time, he means business. Christ, this is the storyline I wanted back in 2008. Finally, we are getting it.

It helps the Nick stuff was good. The rest of it was... not that bad, actually.

Firstly, Sonia. What a selfish, spiteful, manipulative cow. This is why I was so happy to see the back of her last time, and why I didn't want her back now. She may have had a point in what she was saying to Carol, but it doesn't change the fact that she did emotionally blackmail poor Rebecca. You know, I'm very interested to meet this new Martin. We need the other side to all this. Though I did chuckle when she banged on about how much he'd changed. Indeed he has Sonia. Hell, I don't even recognise him these days.

If Sonia is awful, however, Kush is the opposite. I'm usually sceptical about pretty boys. Not because they're pretty (I'm 22, and appreciate it just as much as everyone else!) but because they tend to wheel them on to do nothing but shag about and be, well, dull as hell. And then they're gone after a year. Kush, however, intrigues me. I really liked his reaction to Sonia's attempt to kiss him. He pulled away in horror, as Martin is his mate after all, and it's also because of this that he goes round to Sonia after to make sure she's OK. This, alone, makes me feel like there's potential here.

But I strongly dislike Shabnam. And her mooning after him is annoying.

Finally, everyone's favourite couple (I jest), Tina and Tosh. Tosh is cukoo and Tina just wants to act like a big kid. Naturally, these two are the perfect candidates for a child. Don't get me wrong - this has all been very good basis for a domestic violence storyline, but I just, I'm sorry, don't really care about either of them. Plus, I think the Carters have enough going on right now. I'm not sure they can do this justice, but we'll see. Tina hit first here, but Tosh hit back twice as hard. How long before Tosh hits first? Tina will not hit back.

Goood episode :D
  • Options
    GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Lordo- what a well thought out and articulated review, you were with a tone of familiarity that is compelling to read.

I feel you made several good points- I'm loving Nick this time around. Some of his lines have been brilliant. Also in really intrigued by the Charlie dynamic- him and Ronnie have a really well constructed and raw relationship. They seem honest with each other. I'm not a huge fan of phil or Sharon to be honest. Not hugely impressed that they need to be involved- but ultimately I'm excited as to where this story is going.

Sonia is another character I despise. She had the potential to be really good but I feel like Carol and Liam are being dragged into her self created dramas and they both have potential as characters of their own.

I really like Kush. He has such potential, however unlike you I really enjoy Shabnam. I think these two could work so well together, they seem to bounce off each other as characters.

Tosh I loathe. Tina I actually quite like when she is a light relief character. Currently she is overused and I just have little to no interest in their relationship. A big concern of mine is losing characters such as Dean (potentially) when there is so much that can be done with them- and wasting screentime on characters which are ultimately dire. I mean really I don't know a single person who enjoys tosh as a character.

Finally Ben and johnny. Although it was predicted months ago by savvy forum users I really enjoyed their scenes. I think they had a lot of chemistry, and the Mitchell carter potential stories could be really good. Plus I'm all or anything that gives johnny more screentime and a storyline of his own. If we could just lose Abi it would be perfect.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick was quite bearable last night so his return this time might not be as bad as the last one. I do wonder where it is all going to go though, I can't shake the feeling Ronnie will kill him for good and some how set Charlie up for it! :o

Sonia really annoyed me. Poor Rebecca. I doubt she will stay sane for long with all this going on. I like Rebecca though she reminds me of Michelle. Not sure if its intentional or not but given the family link its good.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Nick was quite bearable last night so his return this time might not be as bad as the last one. I do wonder where it is all going to go though, I can't shake the feeling Ronnie will kill him for good and some how set Charlie up for it! :o

Sonia really annoyed me. Poor Rebecca. I doubt she will stay sane for long with all this going on. I like Rebecca though she reminds me of Michelle. Not sure if its intentional or not but given the family link its good.
    Nick should really be killed this time in front of Dot.
    It would be a perfect end if Nick was killed saving Dot from the gangsters he was hiding from or even Nick trying to kill Charlie or Ronnie and Dot killing him. Both would be fitting plots for the 30th.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it will play out like that. If anything, it'll be Charlie hiding things. We know Ronnie's character and what shes capable of but Charlie we don't know that much only what he has told Ronnie.

What if he did switch the money? What if Charlie has a bigger plan and con in place then Nick ever had?

I think it will end in disaster, Dot never has much happiness or happy endings neither does Ronnie.

I can't wait to see what does happen but I really hope there is some serious threat from Nick this time and not panto chair legging.

I think someone will be dead by February whether its Nick, Ronnie, Charlie or Ronnie's baby is anyone's guess but it should be good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Not really seeing chemistry between Johnny and Ben, which some people have mentioned - just obvious and cheesy flirting from Ben.

Whatever happens with Nick, I do hope that Charlie remains in the show long-term - without Michael and David, the show is lacking in charismatic, likeable men. Kush is showing potential and Aleks makes me laugh, but whether ethnic minority characters can ever be front-runners hasn't been seen in soaps enough so far.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the feeling that Charlie isn't the villain we think he could be. At the moment, I think he's been caught up in all the Nick stuff but didn't necessarily plan it all.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,894
    Forum Member
    How much money was in that bag then?

Charlie should just own up and if Dot turns against him then serves him right for being so stupid in the first place. It will be interesting to see how Les Coker explains his role in it too if he stays for the long term.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slade_Axel wrote: »
    I'd love to switch places with Ben though... Johnny is definitely a keeper <3

Johnny's mine!
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Nick's children and grandchildren are just invented whenever it suits.

i find it hard to believe and it looks weird. the actor who plays charlie looks closer to 40 too which doesn't help
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    i find it hard to believe and it looks weird. the actor who plays charlie looks closer to 40 too which doesn't help

Declan's 33.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grr all these kids in EE supposedly throwing away their futures!

Rebecca - music school
    Abi - Uni
    Tamwar - Uni

Does Rebecca know there are some very prestigious music schools in London.