Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    It is wrong of itv to ask her to do 4 broadcasts in 24 hours

Are ITV that short of presenters - oh, I forgot, one with a grown-up daughter is off because it's half term.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Are ITV that short of presenters - oh, I forgot, one with a grown-up daughter is off because it's half term.

Lorraine being off doesnt have anything to do with Itv using Ranvir yesterday
  • Options
    kelvokelvo Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [...} How embarrassing for her to get snapped like that, as well as being potentially dangerous for the security of her home, as has been pointed out already (which is even worse than the tan pictures, obviously) :-(

:-( :-(

Having thought about it a bit more, this is almost a bit creepy. The photographer clearly knows where she lives - it doesn't look like just a member of the public randomly snapping her on a smart phone, so how did he know she would be leaving for her hols at that particular time? Again more than enough clues, to probably identify where she lives. I guess the cynics would say it's part of SR's PR machine - although surely she wouldn't want such flattering images or not appreciate the security risk, but surely someone must have been tipped off?

I know the paps hang around the ITV studios everyday to get photos of Charlotte, but if they start hanging around the street where you live or outside your house... :o
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They always say that there's no such thing as bad publicity ......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

Try asking Gerald Ratner about that
  • Options
    Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

Obviously the Paps were tipped off by someone, if not Susanna herself perhaps someone who works for the airline she was using? (If Paps knew her flight time they would know the rough time she would be leaving her house) Anyway Paps also hang around airports, surely she would have realised there was a significant risk she could be photographed before got on the plane? even more so looking like that? This maybe or maybe not was more of Susanna's PR games, she as since gone to the trouble when on holiday to contact the Daily Mirror to offer an explanation which effectively gives a fading story legs again. With the 'beat off' thing I was fairly convinced it was contrived but with this I am much less sure. Someone once said there is only one thing worse than being in the papers and that is not being in the papers ;-)
    One thing I couldn't understand last week was when Susanna tweeted that she lets her sons walk to school because she only lives ten doors up from the school. She has done this before giving out to much information which in isolation looks harmless but when put together with other easily accessible information basically lets everyone know where she lives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kelvo wrote: »
    Having thought about it a bit more, this is almost a bit creepy. The photographer clearly knows where she lives - it doesn't look like just a member of the public randomly snapping her on a smart phone, so how did he know she would be leaving for her hols at that particular time? Again more than enough clues, to probably identify where she lives. I guess the cynics would say it's part of SR's PR machine - although surely she wouldn't want such flattering images or not appreciate the security risk, but surely someone must have been tipped off?

I know the paps hang around the ITV studios everyday to get photos of Charlotte, but if they start hanging around the street where you live or outside your house... :o

Very much agreed with this, yes. Good points.

Was going to write about the idiot "paps" myself, actually. Creepy yes, could well be the word - all these photographers hanging around her street & knowing where she lives talking stupid pictures. Terrible really, if one considers the wider security implications as has been previously hinted at here, already yes :-(

:-( :-( :-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very much agreed with this, yes. Good points.

Was going to write about the idiot "paps" myself, actually. Creepy yes, could well be the word - all these photographers hanging around her street & knowing where she lives talking stupid pictures. Terrible really, if one considers the wider security implications as has been previously hinted at here, already yes :-(

:-( :-( :-(

I don't think Susanna's fame level is high enough to make it economically worthwhile for paps just to hang about her street on the off chance of getting a photo of her.They were tipped off she was going on her hols. They can get a photo of her leaving ITV studios anytime however the problem for Susanna at the moment is that the paps are more interested in Charlotte and her bump. In this instance it was Susanna's 'orangeness' that made her more newsworthy than Charlotte.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Wonder if she realises how silly she looks.

You could understand it off one of those Essex girls, but a 40 something mother of three.

Spray tans always look ridiculous for the first day or so until it settles, she'd obviously just had it done.

Are you suggesting Philip Schofield presents ITV News at 10 instead of Ranvir? ;-) You do seem to have a bit of a strange obsession with Lorraine's shift patterns if you don't mind me saying.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BCO1 wrote: »
    Spray tans always look ridiculous for the first day or so until it settles, she'd obviously just had it done.

Are you suggesting Philip Schofield presents ITV News at 10 instead of Ranvir? ;-) You do seem to have a bit of a strange obsession with Lorraine's shift patterns if you don't mind me saying.

Is Rosie still in full time education?

You could understand it if she was!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BCO1 wrote: »

Actually I get my information from a magazine my wife gets which seems to devote an awful lot of space to Lorraine:D
  • Options
    Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the ratings thread Thanx to bushmills.

GMB 520,000 (14.1%)

Breakfast 1.4m (35.8%)

I bet the BBC are please that they are doing well than Good Morning Britain on ITV and i know the 4 presenters or stand in presenters on Good Morning Britain are trying everything to make it work but the undead Good Morning Britain is limping on because itv are not doing anything about it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Is Rosie still in full time education?

You could understand it if she was!

Not really. Most presenters of year round daily shows take school holidays off because the ratings are usually lower anyway. Lorraine isn't any different and shes clearly in a position to negotiate it into her contract because her show is the only part of ITV Breakfast that actually works, so why shouldn't she?
  • Options
    simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though its half term,I still expect GMB to get 520k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though its half term,I still expect GMB to get 520k

I suspect you are going to be disappointed:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob_Knoobb wrote: »
    I don't think Susanna's fame level is high enough to make it economically worthwhile for paps just to hang about her street on the off chance of getting a photo of her.They were tipped off she was going on her hols. They can get a photo of her leaving ITV studios anytime however the problem for Susanna at the moment is that the paps are more interested in Charlotte and her bump. In this instance it was Susanna's 'orangeness' that made her more newsworthy than Charlotte.

If the most newsworthy stories are Susanna's 'orange-ness' or Charlotte's bump then it really must be a slow news week at the Daily Mail...

Bit worrying though if someone had tipped them off, if not SR (unlikely) then someone who knows her movements - although clearly not where she's jetted off to or else we'd have papped shots of her on a beach somewhere (with the obligatory DM fashion 'you can buy her swimsuit/bikini/sarong from xxx and it costs £xx' :D)

I'd also agree with others, that if you piece together lots of bits of information then it is not that difficult to find out where she, or indeed anyone else lives. Know what part of London she lives in and probably enough clues from the photos to identify the particular area if someone is local from Google streetview.

But back to ratings, still no clue really as to the SR effect is she is off on half term... :confused:

watched a bit this morning at the weather reporting is really annoying me. Laura gives a brief intro into the weather and then goes into 'The weather sponsored by Check-a-trade.com' and repeats again. I know ITV does this with National and then regional weather, but from what I saw this was only National weather?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the most newsworthy stories are Susanna's 'orange-ness' or Charlotte's bump then it really must be a slow news week at the Daily Mail...

Bit worrying though if someone had tipped them off, if not SR (unlikely) then someone who knows her movements - although clearly not where she's jetted off to or else we'd have papped shots of her on a beach somewhere (with the obligatory DM fashion 'you can buy her swimsuit/bikini/sarong from xxx and it costs £xx' :D)

I'd also agree with others, that if you piece together lots of bits of information then it is not that difficult to find out where she, or indeed anyone else lives. Know what part of London she lives in and probably enough clues from the photos to identify the particular area if someone is local from Google streetview.

But back to ratings, still no clue really as to the SR effect is she is off on half term... :confused:

watched a bit this morning at the weather reporting is really annoying me. Laura gives a brief intro into the weather and then goes into 'The weather sponsored by Check-a-trade.com' and repeats again. I know ITV does this with National and then regional weather, but from what I saw this was only National weather?
    I doubt the money you would get for a pic of Susanna (even in a bikini) would be worth the expense/time of following her abroad. Her fame level is that of a presenter on a struggling show, she ain't exactly Hollywood material. Taking a photo of her in London takes little effort/expense.
    The paps here were TillenDove, when they pap abroad its for big stars or staged shoots with celebs trying to raise their profile. I would be surprised if they did not know where she was going especially as they knew when she was going. Also even if Susanna was worth papping abroad she could easily be spending a week by the pool of hotel in private grounds so no guarantee of a photo anyway.
    There was a very good documentary a few years ago about Darren Lyons which showed how the celebrity photo industry works, what pics are worth etc.. and how most of the time its the non 'A' list celebs that tip off the paps themselves
  • Options
    Trouble MakerTrouble Maker Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    It is wrong of itv to ask her to do 4 broadcasts in 24 hours

BBC Scotland on a Tuesday have Catriona Shearer on as usual from 6-30am to 9am or what ever time the last local news is aired. I am sure she is in at work well before the first news from scotland to have make up etc done. She is back them in the evening after the 10pm news. She does however have Wednesday off as a result. There was one Tuesday during the world cup that the BBC were showing the late game which went to extra time. They were not to have known this and would have had Catriona in on time for the usual slot, have make up etc done, but the game went to extra time and she did not get to read the news till after mid-night. I dont know how far she lives from the studios, it does not really matter, but that would be one long day for her, even if she would have gone home and got some sleep in between the shifts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt the money you would get for a pic of Susanna (even in a bikini) would be worth the expense/time of following her abroad.

Would surely be worth £9.99 on Ebay... :D
    Also even if Susanna was worth papping abroad she could easily be spending a week by the pool of hotel in private grounds so no guarantee of a photo anyway.

Well, that didn't stop a pap with a long lens, 3 miles away getting a shot of Kate Middleton sunbathing in the nude...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, that didn't stop a pap with a long lens, 3 miles away getting a shot of Kate Middleton sunbathing in the nude...

'Well, that didn't stop a pap with a long lens, 3 miles away getting a shot of Kate Middleton sunbathing in the nude'. a) I didn't say it was impossible, I said there was no guarantee. IMO a pap would not go abroad to chance getting a pic worth little money b) A photo of Kate Middleton is potentially worth a lot of money therefore paps will go to the time/expense to follow her abroad and go the extra mile (long lens or even trespassing) to get the shot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For £9.99 I would want a cuddle ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was well documented that Princess Diana used to ring up national newspapers and tell them where she would be in informal situations so they could get some good pictures of her (which they duly did).
  • Options
    zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I like GMB, but at this point in time what are they offering, news or fluff? E.g. yesterday, they had a serious news item as their top story and what did they do, had a conversation about Robbie Williams' wife having a baby at the top of the show :( How was this even news :confused: The other thing that ITV clearly can't see is that the changes to the show since April have, content wise, practically turned the show back into Daybreak, now whilst i liked Daybreak, ITV felt the need for a new show because DB didn't work, so why make GMB similar?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Daybreak was far more news orientated than gmb, they had the newshour segment after all. I've decided that gmb isn't a news programme, it's a light entertainment show
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, one with a grown up daughter is off because she has worked there 30 years and has a good contract with lots of holidays, which she takes at half term because audiences are lower and that is when the big name presenters tend to take time off. (you'll note Naga is on breakfast in the A team slot this week)

In any case nothing to do with Ranvir, as Lorraine doesn't present GMB. I imagine she accepted both roles as she is freelance and all the work tends to come at once or not at all.