Options

Why don't People Who dont like Football, Not Like Football ?

Comments

• Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    I beg to differ. Some of the footballers' reactions to being fouled are worthy of a BAFTA. A tiny tap on the shoulder can result in a player rolling around the pitch as if he had been rugby tackled by a rhino.

That's what I mean! Their acting sucks :D
  • Options
    bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    I find men who don't like football weird. It lowers my opinion of them immediately. (I'm a woman).
    Eh? You cannot be serious! (said by a famous tennis player)
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I mean! Their acting sucks :D

But sometimes good enough to convince refs to award free kicks / penalties for blatant dives. :)
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now though most people, including the pretty ones with boobs, seem to have a team.

:o:o:o
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate football and pretty women with boobs.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find men who don't like football weird. It lowers my opinion of them immediately. (I'm a woman).

I find people who don't understand that all men are individuals very weird. (Same applies to all women as well of course. We are all individuals.)
    Anyway, back to the OP. I just don't find it interesting at all, OP, and for the record I'm a woman who doesn't like 'soaps' at all.
    I can't really think of a reason why, it's just how I am.
    Neither of my sons liked football when they were growing up, though my oldest does now. His partners family really enjoy watching it, so I suppose it's a family activity for them. My other son still doesn't like it, though I suppose that could change.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Agree with the person who said she doesn't like men who don't like football

Something a bit of a turn off about it
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never liked football. Watching a group of overpaid men trying to kick a ball inside a net isn't my idea of fun or excitement. My dad used to take me to watch his favourite team, but I only used to go so he would buy me a hot dog on the way home. My sister liked going, but I suspect that was because she enjoyed seeing good- looking men in football kits.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate football for various reasons:
    1. Thuggery, drunkness and loutish behaviour by fans
    2. Bad sportsmanship
    3. Bad behaviour by players (spitting, fouling etc)
    4. Racism and bigotry between opposing teams / players / cities
    5. Players who act up when even just slightly injured

Compared with rugby. for example:-
    1. Fans rarely get overly drunk and rarely get into fights with one another
    2. No matter which team scores, the opponents will acknowledge good play - often even cheering the scorers even though it's not their team!
    3. Players just get on with it. Teeth knocked out? Ear bleeding? Let's just play on shall we!
    4. No racism or bigotry - just mild chaffing

Golf is similar (except for US fans when they're losing) - fans applaud good play, no matter by whom.

And my final reason for hating football - it wastes so much paper, TV time, and makes us suffer idiots like Adrian Chiles, Alan Hanson et all.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rather watch a Formula 1 race then watch football these days.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Because it's boring I've tried to watch it a few times when the world cup is on but always found it to be very boring so turned it off again.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Donnagee wrote: »

Pah!

Chris Gayle likes footy and all when he isn't hitting the cricket ball into orbit.

Chris Gayle Fastest Century!! - Ball by Ball
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xZUQL2oIXA

And they say cricket is boring.

**** you Debbie, as Eminen would say.
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should have Janet St Porter presenting Match Of The Day. Might get more women watching.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheating, lack of skill, pay incompatible with performance, total disrespect for officials (permeating down to amateur leagues), refusal to use technology to determine goals/fouls etc.

Contrast to Rugby League - fractured cheekbone: play on for 79 mins, accept the refs decision, 10m back if there is problem, sin bin, skill levels are very high, tv official to determine what happened.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I think there's also the syndrome that when there's something that seems to be really popular that you don't really get, it makes you passionately hate it somehow and kills off any slight enthusiasm you might have had if the whole thing had been more down to earth, for me this would apply to football culture and The X Factor.

There's also the factor of you resenting the time and imagination these things steal off people who fall victim to them, eg someone who is into football and X Factor doesn't need much individuality and a life of their own at the weekend, and is unlikely to go off and do alternative pursuits like walking in North Wales, paranormal weekends, theatre or whatever it might be, you need a particularly balanced person not to let these popular interests "override" them, if they follow them passionately you've lost them for pretty much the whole weekend and many weekday evenings thanks to the ridiculous overkill of football culture, you could see why that wouldn't appeal to many potential partners, and I'd rather the life of doing something special with someone close than mindlessly following football and somehow pinning life hopes on some overpaid and boring premier league team. Many women (and it's not always women of course) don't want to fall into the situation where they have to endure the equivalent of the dreaded Final Score, when you think that used to be on late on a Saturday afternoon, a list of mind numbing football scores, that is now a daily reality on Sky Sports News on what seems like most nights of the week, if someone is into football even just a little bit that channel goes straight on!

So why is it not actually entertaining?

Seems a very limited game where nothing much happens for much of the time, and the excitement evolves around waiting for 1 or 2 goals and it meaning everything to people who seem incapable of philosophically resolving the fact that inevitably you will "win some, you lose some"

Who cares if a bunch of millionaires achieve a life ambition of winning the league or some cup, what would change, nothing. They would play it all over again the next season and it would suddenly become not good enough, eg with Liverpool winning 2nd last time, it wasn't particularly celebrated by the fan I know, just depressed with the fact that it wasn't the whole league and now they've got to do it again anyway.

Film stars are far more entertaining for their silly money than footballers are.

Football fans are exploited by the likes of Alan Sugar for the ridiculous amount of money they will manage to find out of their average wages to pay for Sky Sports in HD for £50 a month, to pay £45 for the privilege of sitting in a small hard seat with thousands of others
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    You are one sexy mofo, OP

Thank you, Lou

Sexy name, makes me tingle in my nether regions.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A ball is a round object with various uses.

So why do they keep calling it Rugby football.

The Americans are even worse . They just call it football. :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,318
    Forum Member

I loathe football, and you are definitely weird! :o
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,318
    Forum Member

Something a bit of a turn of about narrow minded bigots, you two weirdo's should get together. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Something a bit of a turn of about narrow minded bigots, you two weirdo's should get together. :p

For knowing what we find attractive in a lad?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not being a sexy, but I am in my forties and when I was a kid women simply didn't like football, they like Coronation Street and later EastEnders.

Now though most people, including the pretty ones with boobs, seem to have a team.

But, there are still folk out there who don't like football.

People like and dislike different things. Simple as that. I'm not drawn to football in the slightest.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    For knowing what we find attractive in a lad?

No but how would you feel if you were chatting a lad up who was into football but then he found out you didn't watch say soaps or x factor or something like that and he told you he only liked girls who watched that and thought girls who didn't were weird.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't People Who dont like Football, Not Like Football ?

Well, as People who don't like Football do indeed Not Like Football, there is no need for you to ask why don't they Not Like Football.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't people who don't like people who don't like football, don't like people who don't like football?
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like football and I find shallow women a massive turn off. ;)

Ditto. Not all of us chaps are in desperate need of a gang within which to subsume their identity.