Options

Bob Geldof wants to release another version of Band Aids Do They Know It's Christmas?

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
Bob if you must release a song for Ebola this why can't you just come up with a new song?

http://news.sky.com/story/1365847/bob-geldof-ebola-charity-song-rumours

Comments

• Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He must want some more of our b***** money.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I'll buy it I have every version so far
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about a song for the retailers called "Do They Know It's Not F'ing Christmas Time Yet?"
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He must want some more of our b***** money.

I thought it was our "f***ing money"? :confused:

Anyway, the other versions of "Do They Know It's Christmas" have been dire - but I don't think he cares, as long as more f***ing money is raised.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird that hiss Christmas it will be ther30th Anniversary of the song.k

Guess the band will be called Band Aid 30
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it will probably be No Direction, Adele (please God no), Jesse J, Anyone who got to the houses stage of the X Factor, People from Geordie Shore or the Only way is Essex, Ant & Dec, Cheryl Cole.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anyway, the other versions of "Do They Know It's Christmas" have been dire - but I don't think he cares, as long as more f***ing money is raised.
    Actually it was neither. Urban myth. All he said was 'People are dying NOW. Give us the money NOW'.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,056
    Forum Member
    Please NO! I don't think there is another song in existence which makes me as angry as that self promoting, insincere piece of drivel does! :mad:
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ahh, yes, if it was that, I forgot. :blush:
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,672
    Forum Member
    Weird that hiss Christmas it will be ther30th Anniversary of the song.k

Guess the band will be called Band Aid 30

Thirty years have flown by! Geldof could do a sort of Blues Brothers thing by getting the original band back together
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    So it will probably be No Direction, Adele (please God no), Jesse J, Anyone who got to the houses stage of the X Factor, People from Geordie Shore or the Only way is Essex, Ant & Dec, Cheryl Cole.

Oh dear God no! Please no! What a nightmare line-up! :o

I'd give a fiver to Bob for that lot NOT to release a record lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Thirty years have flown by! Geldof could do a sort of Blues Brothers thing by getting the original band back together

That would be more sensible (and popular). I think the original line-up from 1984 is still all with us? The only difference today is Bananarama can't smoke inside during the chorus lol :D
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Actually it was neither. Urban myth. All he said was 'People are dying NOW. Give us the money NOW'.

A bit of Googling says you're right, that he didn't actually say that as quoted. However, the myth appears to come from this:
    Nearly seven hours into the concert in London, Geldof gave an infamous interview in which he used the word f***. The BBC presenter David Hepworth, conducting the interview, had attempted to provide a list of addresses to which potential donations should be sent; Geldof interrupted him in mid-flow and shouted: "F*** the address, let's get the [phone] numbers!" It has passed into folklore that he yelled at the audience, "Give us your f***ing money!" although Geldof has stated that this phrase was never uttered. Due to his Irish accent, the profanity was stated to be misheard as "fock" and "focking" respectively. After the outburst, giving increased to £300 per second.

(From Wikipedia)
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob if you must release a song for Ebola this why can't you just come up with a new song?

http://news.sky.com/story/1365847/bob-geldof-ebola-charity-song-rumours

For the same reason that the shouty Irish tramp has been dining out on 'I don't like Mondays' for the past 35 years, because he's shite!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »

Well the video had Paula and Peaches? in it so they can't do an exact remake, then again they will probably superimpose them on.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,335
    Forum Member
    That song is bad enough without One Direction raping it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the video had Paula and Peaches? in it so they can't do an exact remake, then again they will probably superimpose them on.

I can't think of any of the actual singers who may have passed away though
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    I can't think of any of the actual singers who may have passed away though

Quite surprising with the lifestyles some of them have lead
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please NO! I don't think there is another song in existence which makes me as angry as that self promoting, insincere piece of drivel does! :mad:

Have to agree with this.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the kids in the original video ever did find out that it was Christmas time?
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member

I wonder if any 2014 participants will go onto be 2044's pretentious, insufferable tosspots like Geldof, Sting and Bono did?
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member

Never said it...just people sh1t stirring
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At any given time, the urge to sing 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' is just a whim away. A whim away, a whim away, a whim away...
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it keeps the X Factor winner off the number 1 spot that's fine.