Options

Crazies you've encountered online

Comments

• Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy who posted on /b/ a few days ago complaining about how difficult it actually is to kill a person by manual strangulation. He then proceeded to brag and post photographs of the woman he'd just strangled.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/port-orchard-murder-suspect-returns-washington/nh23s/

Doesn't get much crazier than that.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    The guy who posted on /b/ a few days ago complaining about how difficult it actually is to kill a person by manual strangulation. He then proceeded to brag and post photographs the woman he'd just strangled.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/port-orchard-murder-suspect-returns-washington/nh23s/

Holy crap.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    The maddest I've come across has to be that weirdo with a thing for Jessie J. Did he/she really break their own leg to emulate their celeb crush?
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ones you have to worry about most are the ones that appear to be alright.
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty nuts tbh..... but the weirdest was some guy on FB who was always posting pro paedophilia stuff :confused:

And some lad on an ASD group who was trying really hard to flirt with me and went loco when I told him to stop lol, sent me loads of pictures of dead dogs and stuff :o
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were two absolute moronic and idiotic cretins I had unfortunately got talking to on the Channel 4 forums back in 2004. One was a totally up herself bitch, and the other was an idiotic and moronic fella. Two very unstable characters.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    There were two absolute moronic and idiotic cretins I had unfortunately got talking to on the Channel 4 forums back in 2004. One was a totally up herself bitch, and the other was an idiotic and moronic fella. Two very unstable characters.

I'm guessing that was either Davina McCall...or Andi Peters.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hooked a stalker when I was younger... That was fun 😱

Twitter generally shows a lot of strange people, like today I caught the tail end of what looks like grown men having the kind of spat 12 year old girls have on Facebook... Over the kind if thing 12 year old girls get upset about on Facebook. Probably one of the strangest things I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Most of the people on the Madeleine McCann forums are out of their tiny minds. Some of the conspiracy theories that have done the rounds over the years beggar belief.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    The guy who posted on /b/ a few days ago complaining about how difficult it actually is to kill a person by manual strangulation. He then proceeded to brag and post photographs of the woman he'd just strangled.

Wow, that's a very ill person
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i miss odd socks...... i miss eb's too.

You are her! :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member

Really?:o:o:o
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scitzo guy on benefits who wants to cleanse his soul by visiting the Ganges, flying first class and staying in a hotel room costing several hundred a night.
    And those who have an obsession over Stephen Fry. You can call him fat and there will be idiots telling you he is a the gay version of Kate Moss who is depressed and is an icon.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    The scitzo guy on benefits who wants to cleanse his soul by visiting the Ganges, flying first class and staying in a hotel room costing several hundred a night.

You mean this guy.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2017711
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

if i were her, her other half would have had his end away by now......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if i were her, her other half would have had his end away by now......

Haha good one! :D

Don't worry, I don't think you're her and I really will give it a rest with the whole theory now. ^_^
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met some right nut jobs online, one of which threatened to hurt my nephew as they knew how much he means to me and another who tried to turn a whole online community AND my family against me because she thinks I'm a pathological liar lol! Although she did have help mind you...

That's only two of them as well :S
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Years ago I'd have been a sobbing mess but not now :)

Some devious drunks on here :D
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Years ago I'd have been a sobbing mess but not now :)

Some devious drunks on here :D

Me and you both Mrs T :D

Gotta now, glad you overcame it... they were nasty buggers xxxx
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What the hell are they on about on this page? I couldn't make head nor tail of it !

I once met someone online many years ago who wanted me to go round to his house and look at his collection of vintage hat stands.

I said I wouldn't mind but only if I could bring samples from my collection of handmade crochet teacosys :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    There is a lady who goes round forums, gets herself banned, and then makes Youtube videos ranting about it which she then posts on other forums. It's all a bit odd.

That's really sad :D:D
    MAW wrote: »
    The maddest I've come across has to be that weirdo with a thing for Jessie J. Did he/she really break their own leg to emulate their celeb crush?

Oh yes, JessieJKin was his/her gender although I do question whether he/she broke her leg or not. The whole thing was weird.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Munchausens by internet people are pretty twisted. Even worse are the Munchausens by proxy by internet losers - the ones who pretend they've got a sick child, usually with cancer.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    On the dating site I use there's a guy who keeps deactivating his profiles and appearing under different names. Every time without fail he messages me - which is annoying as from the start I told him in a civil way that he was not my type.
    I block or delete his messages, his last one irritated me a bit, it was along the lines of 'you had success on this site?' but it came across like he was trying to taunt me and be smug. I felt like saying 'actually mister yes I am involved with someone' cus its true and might shut him up. But then I thought 'I don't have to justify myself to him' so blocked him. Fed up of wasting words on silly people. I'm thinking cus I rejected him he's just gonna keep pestering me under different names.

There's a few who do that but he's the most persistent. Some people just don't get the message - or maybe they do but they feel like they have to act like childish pricks about it.

Also I'd like to mention those odd few people on imdb who find a character they dislike in a film. Then pretend to be the actor who plays the character and basically fill up the film message boards with made up rubbish to make the actor look like either an idiot or a bad guy. it's just a bit sad really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    On the dating site I use there's a guy who keeps deactivating his profiles and appearing under different names. Every time without fail he messages me - which is annoying as from the start I told him in a civil way that he was not my type.
    I block or delete his messages, his last one irritated me a bit, it was along the lines of 'you had success on this site?' but it came across like he was trying to taunt me and be smug. I felt like saying 'actually mister yes I am involved with someone' cus its true and might shut him up. But then I thought 'I don't have to justify myself to him' so blocked him. Fed up of wasting words on silly people. I'm thinking cus I rejected him he's just gonna keep pestering me under different names.

There's a few who do that but he's the most persistent. Some people just don't get the message - or maybe they do but they feel like they have to act like childish pricks about it.

Also I'd like to mention those odd few people on imdb who find a character they dislike in a film. Then pretend to be the actor who plays the character and basically fill up the film message boards with made up rubbish to make the actor look like either an idiot or a bad guy. it's just a bit sad really.

No, you definitely don't have to respond to him at all and it's a shame you can't just block him and that be that. I've found myself putting people on ignore, maybe too many but it makes for a nicer read! :D

This whole multiple accounts/signing up again thing is something I've really got a bee in my bonnet about atm. Have you complained to the site? They should be told he keeps doing that and annoying you.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a weird PM on here from doop, most recently, but from others too.

People really don't see to like me, which makes me think I'm doing something right ^_^