Options

***Spoiler thread for Saturday 8th November***

Comments

• Options
    revelhorwoodfanrevelhorwoodfan Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Lol my favourite is Frankie, but for pure visual has just got to be a naked chest Steve OMG! :p
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Caroline was popular on the polls here...? I am hoping wardrobe pull their finger out and put her in better costumes. Tonight's was an absolute shocker of a cheap BHS nighty.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad the elephant in the room has gone. About time.

Judy next week then we can have a proper competition :D

Agree,

once Judy goes it gets to the final proper stage of Strictly.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    OMG. This rubbish is said every week.

Whoops!!

:blush:
  • Options
    differentdrumdifferentdrum Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost impossible to predict the voting from about the third elimination onwards.

Yes, you had the clue of Alison in dance-off but tonight was her best performance. That has obviously counted for very little.

Caroline turned in a pretty ordinary performance and was overmarked.

Judy is as bad you can get get every week but it appears to make no difference.

Aside from the beefcake Steve appears to have very little to offer and was pretty rubbish tonight. Presumably, there are plenty of people who were captivated by what amounted to not much more than a series of aggressive poses.
  • Options
    J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad Judy has stayed another week so far all people who left were not potential winners so she is not taking anyone's place.

This bottom 2 will be good for Caroline it will help boost her support.

it was all against her tonight

tied leader board
    second slot
    rubbish dress

compare Caroline dress with Karen work of art pink dress she got the short straw.
  • Options
    BricksyBricksy Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »

Anton is getting on my nerves too.

He's been getting on my nerves for years now. I don't find him funny at all. I cringe when people nominate him as the future host of SCD. It that happens I will poke out my eyes with a Cuban heel and stuff my ears with the leftovers of Judy's mum's shortbread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane60 wrote: »
    I quite agree.....she got all of my three votes tonight, as I had a feeling she might need them. How far do you think Judy could go?

Week 10 max IMO.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Olls~ wrote: »
    My Mum :o:p:D

Thanks for the spoiler.

Is your mum Scottish?
  • Options
    tk096tk096 Posts: 5,829
    Forum Member
    Devon Maid wrote: »
    Thank you cheers. Here's to Blackpool next week!

Me too goodnight! :)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caroline and Alison in bottom two.

Alison out.

Thank you to dmolyneaux@virg and Olive who got us the spoiler.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bricksy wrote: »
    He's been getting on my nerves for years now. I don't find him funny at all. I cringe when people nominate him as the future host of SCD. It that happens I will poke out my eyes with a Cuban heel and stuff my ears with the leftovers of Judy's mum's shortbread.

LMAO!!!!

Hey. Maybe producers are keeping Murray in for the delicious shortbread :D

If we have to endure a Judy Jive I hope they consider giving the viewers some too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkwafer wrote: »
    I thought Caroline was popular on the polls here...? I am hoping wardrobe pull their finger out and put her in better costumes. Tonight's was an absolute shocker of a cheap BHS nighty.

I agree sorry missed your post compare her waltz dress to Karen it was shocking the difference.

I also think the judges are overly critical of Caroline.
  • Options
    RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I'll miss Aljaz, I'm glad Alison is out as I didn't enjoy her dancing. At least she'll have some time to maybe read Wuthering Heights and get to understand Catherine Earnshaw's character!

I'm not much of a fan of Caroline so am not fussed about her being in the Bottom Two, although I'm sure she'll come back fighting next week.

Thank you for the spoiler.
  • Options
    toyboysmumtoyboysmum Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    How about this:
    The over-the-top lavishness of the Clauditorium, paid for by British taxpayers, and valued at a squillion pounds has been completely funded by British taxpayers and hamsters who have cheated the benefit system by hoarding food in their cheeks and claiming a hunger allowance.

In today's Femail, we show you how to date the perfect Cyberman

Come ON ... That MUST be worthy of the Mail?

Oh RFS you nearly nailed it then but you forgot to tell us how we too can get the cyber man natty look!
  • Options
    whoryouwhoryou Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    SCD is about entertainment,hence over the top judges remarks. The celebs are ranked on ability' and then 'popularity', The judges comment on what they expect to see and we the public vote on what we think we have seen.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the people who asked " who is voting for Judy " ? :

Well, I am voting for Judy :D:) and I will vote for her next week too ;-)

She is genuinely having the time of her life ; she has a great partnership with Anton ; she is lovely and I also think that she improved :)
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Whoops!!

:blush:

Sorry, it just gets on my t***. Have a good night.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Ha...not surprised at Caroline being in the B2.......... What I kept saying here for weeks came to fruition :cool:; A lot of people in this forum OVERESTIMATE her appeal.

I kept saying that she is not as popular as some people like to make it seems here but as always a lot of people here think that because she is topping the polls then it means that she is doing very well with the votes........

Just take a look in this thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2022704 and see why Caroline may not be THAT popular......

At least 70% of the comments said the same thing, she is good but VERY forgettable..........I knew that she would be in trouble tonight with that waltz......

Thank you to our mole tonight :)

Not cool Edy, Caroline has been persistently the worst dressed has had dreadful music and has been down scored by Craig 2 weeks running when he can't explain his comments

Just for once next week it would be nice to see her have a killer dance to killer music and a killer dress, Pixie, Frankie and Sunetra have all had this.

The show seems to want to make her invisible, a bit of fishing net and a net curtain does not make a waltz dress make.

Look at what Pixie , Sunetra and Frankie were dressed in tonight

Thank Heavans she survived, now for a fair playing field
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pinkwafer wrote: »

I agree . I was so annoyed with what they gave her I couldn't concentrate on their dance properly . The waltz dress should be all one flowing piece .
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you to all the peeps involved in bringing in the result. ^_^
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Week 10 max IMO.

Good god I hope not. That means we will lose some good ones. I wouldn't mind if she was improving but she was walking about tonight.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,128
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry for Caroline. She quite clearly didn't deserve to be in the bottom two, but she did unfortunately fall short of provide a memorable performance.

It's right that Alison has gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Not cool Edy, Caroline has been persistently the worst dressed has had dreadful music and has been down scored by Craig 2 weeks running when he can't explain his comments

Just for once next week it would be nice to see her have a killer dance to killer music and a killer dress, Pixie, Frankie and Sunetra have all had this.

The show seems to want to make her invisible, a bit of fishing net and a net curtain does not make a waltz dress make.

Look at what Pixie , Sunetra and Frankie were dressed in tonight

Thank Heavans she survived, now for a fair playing field

I agree it makes me want to vote for Caroline more.
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave all my votes to Alison and still couldn't save her. It's been a bad week for the Midlander contestants (first Jemma on the Apprentice and now Alison).

With that leaderboard:

- Judy had to get at least 1 point (but technically 2) more than Alison and 3 more than Caroline
    - Jake had to get at least 1 point more than Alison and 2 more than Caroline
    - Steve, Sunetra and Mark all had to get at least 1 point more than Caroline.

Judy at worst would have had to have got 4 points from the vote (so 8th place), but with all of the ties, it's likely that she would have got at least 6 (so 6th place or above) - this is in the event that Caroline was bottom of the vote.

If I've worked this out correctly, Caroline could only have finished about 8th at best in the vote - with Mark, Sunetra, Steve, Jake and Judy all being above her, theoretically it would be 6th best, but it would rely on Pixie, Frankie and Simon all having lower votes and avoiding the DO, which is impossible. It's pretty likely that she was either bottom or 2nd from bottom (but I'd say bottom is the more likely result).

It's been a while since I did working out like this, so I hope my maths is right!