Options

All single people are paedophiles

Comments

• Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    To be frank it is attitudes such as your I find far more worrying than a single male or female ( single is actually incorrect it should be lone ) visiting an establishment that caters for all ages.

Which as we know contributed to the death of a small child a few years back as a man saw the child who had got out of his nursery but was scared to stop.

http://www.raisingkids.co.uk/todaysn..._230306_02.asp

The mother who found her two year old drowned in a pond, yesterday told a court she had come across nursery staff searching for her daughter

snip

The court also heard the testimony of a van driver, Clive Peachey, who had seen the toddler walking alone down a road. He said he had thought to stop, but was worried people might think he was trying to abduct the child. 'I kept thinking I should go back,' he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7475814.stm

The cumulative outcome of the trends is to discourage adults from taking responsibility for the welfare of young people, he writes.

The report offers up the tragic example of Abigail Rae, a three-year-old from Warwickshire who drowned in a pond after she escaped from her nursery.

An inquest into her death in 2006 heard that Clive Peachy, a bricklayer, had passed the toddler by as she wandered the road alone. He failed to stop and help her - fearing people might think that he was trying to abduct the little girl.

In his summing-up the coroner described the incident as a "sad reflection" on society - but said people "may well understand the circumstances

That's a shocking story and a tragedy but it's understandable that the van driver was worried about intervening. It's just a shame he didn't think of ringing 999 to report and alert them to his intention to move the child out of danger - if he had access to a phone. But then maybe most people wouldn't think of doing that at the time.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BINGO!!!

So taking this notion to its logical conclusion, seeing as children are far more likely to come to harm from people they either know or are related to, the Park should ban ALL adults, because, y'know, if it prevents just ONE incident then it'll have been worth it.

And taking it beyond its logical conclusion, the park will need to be staffed by children.
  • Options
    roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting tedious now. I preferred it when you said this as 11:32 this morning:

Honest, genuine question. Which ride lookslike your favourite ride?
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honest, genuine question. Which ride lookslike your favourite ride?

The Red Rooster Death Slide - a vertical drop down all three storeys of the play barn for the fastest, scariest adventure.

Why the need to continually press other FMs for an answer to this most banal of questions?
  • Options
    roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Red Rooster Death Slide - a vertical drop down all three storeys of the play barn for the fastest, scariest adventure.

Why the need to continually press other FMs for an answer to this most banal of questions?

Thank you. The red rooster death slide does look like immense fun.
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,921
    Forum Member
    The garden center I go to has a farm/petting Zoo with the usual collection of small and not so small animals, when ever I call in I go and look at it, Strangely enough I am not the only single chap walking around with a couple of overpriced plants.

And unless it is raining none of us has a dirty mac on.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,544
    Forum Member
    And taking it beyond its logical conclusion, the park will need to be staffed by children.

As I said at 14:21 today... Not so fast! The kids are worse than their parents!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/11/06/sibling-sexual-assault-is-epidemic-no-wonder-lena-dunham-caused-an-uproar/

"More than one in three cases of sexual assault against children in the U.S. are committed by other minors. Siblings often are the perpetrators. In fact, estimates suggest that sibling sexual abuse is far more common than parent-child abuse."

Well worth repeating, I think. By inviting kids in, they are enabling sexual abuse of kids by kids! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    As I said at 14:21 today... Not so fast! The kids are worse than their parents!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/11/06/sibling-sexual-assault-is-epidemic-no-wonder-lena-dunham-caused-an-uproar/

"More than one in three cases of sexual assault against children in the U.S. are committed by other minors. Siblings often are the perpetrators. In fact, estimates suggest that sibling sexual abuse is far more common than parent-child abuse."

Well worth repeating, I think. By inviting kids in, they are enabling sexual abuse! :o

Well in that case, f**k it - just staff the whole place with paedos and be done with it!!

Hang on though - paedos + livestock......won't someone please think of the animals!!!
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Falcon ridiculous!".
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Here is another one.

I demand to be let in to this event and the local cubs.

That is a children's event and clearly marked as such with adults only allowed with children, note that unaccompanied adult couples will not be allowed either.

Like other attempts to misdirect such as toddler's swimming this is clearly different to the park.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which ride do you want to play on?

Duck the PaedoFinder General
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok. I get it now. There are some great rides to play on. You lot are right after all. there.http://www.puxton.co.uk/Adventure-Park.

Of course it isnt fair that only the children are allowed to play on these.

Some of those rides are clearly for children only and no-one has a problem with that. You seem determined to misdirect away from the issue which is why couples are allowed into the park but singles not.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Puxton Park - Events

Thursday 18th December
    Festive buffet Night Over 18s Something different for the office Christmas Party!

We are giving the adults a chance to come and have a play in our fantastic indoor play area, with buffet supper, alcoholic drinks will be available to purchase. Something different for the office party this year! Tickets are priced at £9.99 each tickets in advance only. 6pm - 830pm.

Clearly some activities are suitable for adults ... at a price.

Who would pay £9.99 / person for a 2 and half hour office party?
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Here is another one.

I demand to be let in to this event and the local cubs.

I find that a bit odd as well as the majority of Dr Who Fans (many die hard going back years ) would be classified as adults, unless this is a fluffy version but as they have props and excerpts from the shows it doesn't sound like it.
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's just be clear. The farm shop and attached restaurant are separate from the play barn. You can only get to the outside play area (and the falcons) by going through the barn. I frequently shop there and have never even felt inclined to try to enter the play area as I don't have young children.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    killjoy wrote: »
    All single people are paedophiles

This is objective fact. I propose we add all single people to a paedophile register.

I am myself single, but I'm willing go along with this. For the sake of the children.

Wont somebody please think of the children.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Ok. I get it now. There are some great rides to play on. You lot are right after all. there.http://www.puxton.co.uk/Adventure-Park.

Of course it isnt fair that only the children are allowed to play on these.

So what's that woman doing on the The Blue Curly Whirly Slide?

The kid doesn't seem comfortable about it either.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsands wrote: »
    This is objective fact. I propose we add all single people to a paedophile register.

I am myself single, but I'm willing go along with this. For the sake of the children.

Wont somebody please think of the children.

I though that was how the trouble started?
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what's that woman doing on the The Blue Curly Whirly Slide?

The kid doesn't seem comfortable about it either.

'We don't believe the kids should have all the fun and that’s why our play barn is suitable for adults too!'
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »

"If you cannot trust civic authority figures then, simply, who can you trust?

"It is for this reason we felt it necessary to introduce strict entry rules to ensure we are looking after the welfare of our young visitors at all times."

His previous reason was because he said all other parks had the same rule, which we know is false.

The man clearly is an inept pillock
    How can we trust Mr Mead then to do his job and check on his staff and ensure that they are suitable?
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's someone who's made up their own Facebook page and only friends can post...this is going nowhere fast :D:D
    Thanks. I don't have a FB ac, so I couldn't get past the login to see anything.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny isn't it. Fred and Rose West would have been ok, so would Ian Brady and Myra, not to mention the other Ian and his girlfriend Maxine. But some old chap who just wanted to look at their falcons is considered a danger.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    How can we trust Mr Mead then to do his job and check on his staff and ensure that they are suitable?

To be fair, the website does say that all relevant staff have to be CRB checked
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, the website does say that all relevant staff have to be CRB checked

To be fair that does not mean a lot Jimmy Saville would have passed a CRB check,as he had not been convicted of any crime.

In other words CRB can only check wether you have been convicted of any crimes in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their official FB page has had to disable comments as they've been overwhelmed by the responses. The official line is it's been done because people have been making abusive posts towards staff but that doesn't appear to be true as I can't find any (maybe they've been deleted?).

What's rather amusing, albeit in a childish way, is that on most of their posts going back a few months, the only comments are talking about their policy and mentioned the 'Paedo' word. I don't think they've ever had comments on their posts before and now in the space of a few hours they've had to disable them. Quite funny really.