Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    This is the ad

http://youtu.be/8N5aiVog-jQ

I'm beginning to understand why thewilson is such a fan! :D

What a totally pathetic and ridiculous advert.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the ad

http://youtu.be/8N5aiVog-jQ

Strewth, I bet they get complaints about that. It will offend so many lobbies in so many ways: health, religion, feminists.... Ofcom will be working overtime.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strewth, I bet they get complaints about that. It will offend so many lobbies in so many ways: health, religion, feminists.... Ofcom will be working overtime.

The advertising agency that came up with that ad deserves a bonus. eCigs are controversial so embracing the controversy by creating a controversial advert is a brilliant strategy. It will offend some but will get everyone talking about it which is their aim. VIP eCigs will be the best know brand within days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone hear steve in convo with michel roux?
    poor mr roux must have thought steve v odd. steve`s knowledge of food is v basic to say the least and I think he was a little out of his depth when interviewing the master.
    It was car crash radio but v amusing. steve is certainly no interviewer....

Steve knows lots about food, he has a friend that works in a Chinese takeaway and he also watches Come Dine With Me. I'm just surprised that he didn't tell Mr Roux about taking the skin off chicken before eating it.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One here for the ladies (and some of us boys ;-))

http://youtu.be/-9ch7KKn7yE

The manufacturers have no interest in the lesbian market then.
  • Options
    edwardlondonedwardlondon Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    it was pitifully awful
    I felt sorry for Michel Roux being sucked into such triviality.
    Steves` in conversations are hilariously awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »

If you use your imagination; the advert can very well apply to and appeal to lesbians.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member

The ad is so obviously way OTT. I really can't see adult potential e-cigs vapour-ites, taking it seriously. Youngsters if liking the idea of looking 'cool' may be duped temporarily, before they catch on having been nudged by their piers. I guess the sense of humour-bypass lobbyists will be inundating Ofcom with their complaints though..:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Julia H-B has been so mumsy-orientated today especially when discussing the 10 year old child smeared by the blood of a duck, re: her convo: on fox-hunting was thus typically heavily indoctrinated. Her topics since, have headed this way interspersed with comments on her 7 year old child. Plse can we have a non-matriarchal, mumsy type of presenter on instead, in the afternoons. Wouldn't it be a relief!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was pitifully awful
    I felt sorry for Michel Roux being sucked into such triviality.
    Steves` in conversations are hilariously awful.

I think one of them mentioned that it's the second or third interview they've done, so MRJ knew what to expect.

An email this morning asked if Steve would be doing any book signings!
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member

Far from it! I hear the e-pipe is already in development :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think one of them mentioned that it's the second or third interview they've done, so MRJ knew what to expect.

An email this morning asked if Steve would be doing any book signings!

What was his answer, or didn't he have one?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Duh....can you explain?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D and a LOL.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Duh....can you explain?

Stereotyping. Lesbians are all supposed to smoke pipes, wear boiler suits and Doc Martens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D and a LOL.

I think I get it now :blush:. Silly me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stereotyping. Lesbians are all supposed to smoke pipes, wear boiler suits and Doc Martens.

Really! Goes to show I live in a separate universe as I haven't heard of those particularly hideous stereotyped expressions before, thankfully. But get the drift of what you're saying. All very old hat, as far as perceptions go.
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good first hour from J O'B. He's always better with non-political topics.
    I rarely hear him as I'm usually at work but I heard that today and scarily you're right, he was half decent, didn't lecture or take over and gave people time to speak. If only he did that all the time...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Talma wrote: »
    I rarely hear him as I'm usually at work but I heard that today and scarily you're right, he was half decent, didn't lecture or take over and gave people time to speak. If only he did that all the time...

Pity J O'B's demons are known mostly to get the better of him, eh?
    I've mainly stopped listening to him preferring not to be driven wild, rabid, frenzied, and the rest...et cetera. :D
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aha - thewilson is not as daft as he looks - which, of course, would be impossible! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aha - thewilson is not as daft as he looks - which, of course, would be impossible! :D

I await thewilson's reply with fear and trepidation! But I guess 'we' won't get one, as Iain Dale is detached entirely from... the new e-cig ad. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Cayce wrote: »
    I await thewilson's reply with fear and trepidation! But I guess 'we' won't get one, as Iain Dale is detached entirely from... the new e-cig ad. :D

What we need is Iain Dale doing that VIP ad.

That would surely blow thewilsons mind :D:D :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Peachykeen wrote: »
    What we need is Iain Dale doing that VIP ad.

That would surely blow thewilsons mind :D:D :D

It could prove cataclysmic, so please keep it yourself :D. Just think, the off-loading on here could consume veritable pages :o. It's happened before, not to go unnoticed. ;-)
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    It's Heckle Hattie.

I notice ID is using the approach NF has pioneered by letting her open the hour and introduce the calls.
  • Options
    FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be so much better if 'Hattie' (Harriet) was on NF's show where at least she'd have a tougher time of it deflecting NF's more abrasive approach as opposed to the predictable, milder questioning of ID which she can easily cope with. Swap her over with Clegg.
This discussion has been closed.