Options

Coronation Street - Peter and Tracy affair storyline?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Valerie Tatlock Barlow is Peter's real mother. She died when he was about 4 or 5 by means of faulty hairdryer. He then was sent to live with her parents as Ken couldn't cope as a single father and his next wife (janet) didn't want to take the twins on. And she killed herself soon afterwards anyway. Peter was about 16 when Ken married deardre and about to join the Navy so a bit late to move back.

I don't think the twins were sent away because Ken couldn't cope. It was usual in the sixties for children of single fathers to be raised by relatives.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,267
    Forum Member
    I don't think the twins were sent away because Ken couldn't cope. It was usual in the sixties for children of single fathers to be raised by relatives.

Maybe so. I hadn't been born at the time so am going by what i've read in various books. And I do appreciate it was very different for single father's in the 60s and even 704.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P. Ray Langton; I liked him.

I had thought that Ken wasn't interested in the twins Peter and Susan so he sent them away.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In case this is claimed again - Tracy and Peter are not adopted siblings. Ken adopted Tracy. Deirdre did not adopt Peter. Tracy and Peter's connection is that her mother and his father got married, but there is no blood relationship and they were not brought up together.

However, the idea that they would get together is very tacky and distasteful. And extremely unlikely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In case this is claimed again - Tracy and Peter are not adopted siblings. Ken adopted Tracy. Deirdre did not adopt Peter. Tracy and Peter's connection is that her mother and his father got married, but there is no blood relationship and they were not brought up together.

However, the idea that they would get together is very tacky and distasteful. And extremely unlikely.

No deardre ddn't adopt Peter but as his biological and legal father adopted Tracy, doesn't that legally make her Peter's sister? Just as Faye is legally Gary's sister as Anna, his biological and legal mother adopted her? Adoption doesn't have to be 2 way - indeed usually it won't be.

Their connection is not as simple as his father and her mother marrying. That would make them step siblings (same as Tina and David were after Gail and Joe married). They are step siblings and also adopted half siblings due to them sharing the same father legally. Legally Peter has the same relationship to Tracy as he does Daniel, Ken's child by Denise Osborne. Same father, different mother.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Do you think this could work? Although Peter isn't blood related to Tracy, she is still his adoptive sister, so would it be awkward if these two chose to have an affair after falling in love? I think this could cause some problems in the Barlow household but would be interesting. Tracy secretly misses Peter when he is inside as she has always looked up to him, and when Rob is arrested she opens up about her feelings to Peter. He reveals he now feels the same and they have sex.

They enter into a relationship, and they become a double act. Peter becomes protective of Tracy especially after Rob, but she looks out for him as well when the residents still look down on Peter for the affair with Tina and being locked up.

These actors work well together.

Who'd have thought that this post would provoke such interesting and thought provoking posts about incest, relationships, adoption and step-parenting!

I'v got a headache from trying to understand it all! :o:D
  • Options
    Debb1eDebb1e Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Legally Peter has the same relationship to Tracy as he does Daniel, Ken's child by Denise Osborne. Same father, different mother.

Blimey! I'd forgotten all about Daniel...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Debb1e wrote: »
    Blimey! I'd forgotten all about Daniel...

I think everyone in the family has as well. It's the curse of Ken's children residing in Scotland - they are barely spoken of.

Actually Daniel must be about 20 now so die a return?!
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were quite close last night, cuddling up on the sofa as well. They have both lost their love, I think this is hinting towards something.
  • Options
    Clare D13Clare D13 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    They were quite close last night, cuddling up on the sofa as well. They have both lost their love, I think this is hinting towards something.

Well its not, Peters last episodes are on Friday.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clare D13 wrote: »
    Well its not, Peters last episodes are on Friday.

Well it's something to think of until Peter returns (which he will).