Options

The Missing

Comments

• Options
    AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Who was it that got knifed? I have been watching just don't recognise him.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy the wife ended up with is involved somehow. Twice he was told about the undercover policeman in seperate conversations and I believe he either tipped the bad guys off or killed him himself.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who was it that got knifed? I have been watching just don't recognise him.

An undercover cop who gave the information about some kind of trafficking, had got hooked on drugs whilst undercover. He said he had more info.
  • Options
    Sclark78Sclark78 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Totally gripping. I love it.
  • Options
    SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow :o:o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What will his useless ex-wife think of this new revelation!!
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Semillion wrote: »
    Wow :o:o:o

Agreed :o
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    The guy the wife ended up with is involved somehow. Twice he was told about the undercover policeman in seperate conversations and I believe he either tipped the bad guys off or killed him himself.

Yep. I think the wife knows more than she's letting on.

I'm loving it.
  • Options
    Sclark78Sclark78 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Thought Tony had killed Vincent Bourg in his flat then!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight was better than the first episode (which is the only other one I've watched) but it's still not my cup of tea. The boy appearing in the background of the home movie was very far-fetched.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would have been funny if they'd zoomed in on the house opposite in that video at the end and Vicent Bourg was smiling and waving :D
  • Options
    sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was the dark haired cop in jail. Was that in the present?
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been funny if they'd zoomed in on the house opposite in that video at the end and Vicent Bourg was smiling and waving :D

What were they expecting to find in that shed in the woods? I find it quite hard to follow,it jumped around a lot, but am loving it.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to avoid all the red herrings is tricky, of course, but I reckon the husband of the hotel manageress is involved....

He fits the "in it from the start but not obviously guilty" trope.

K
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    What were they expecting to find in that shed in the woods? I find it quite hard to follow,it jumped around a lot, but am loving it.
    "Something" being trafficked to Thailand, je pense.

K
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was the dark haired cop in jail. Was that in the present?
    Yes, that was the present. He was involved in the 2006 investigation.
  • Options
    Adrian_RutherfoAdrian_Rutherfo Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    An undercover cop who gave the information about some kind of trafficking, had got hooked on drugs whilst undercover. He said he had more info.

(deleted)
  • Options
    AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »

Thank you. I hope it's not the kind of trafficking for this story. .
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Trying to avoid all the red herrings is tricky, of course, but I reckon the husband of the hotel manageress is involved....

He fits the "in it from the start but not obviously guilty" trope.

K

I've been thinking it's him or that he is involved since the first episode, like you say he fits it perfectly, minor character only shown every now and then but always in it that most people would not suspect, plus he would have probably known about them going to the pool on the day he was taken. I can't think of another character at this stage that fits.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sclark78 wrote: »
    Thought Tony had killed Vincent Bourg in his flat then!
    That would have been difficult, being as Borg appears in the present day scenes as well.
  • Options
    Karen_Grant_WasKaren_Grant_Was Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    (deleted)

it was the undercover cop he then ended up dead on a railway platform
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight's episode was really gripping. Found out the retired cop got his limp from a car crash and we now have footage of Ollie being taken! It's definitely heating up now, can't wait to see what happens next. :)
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toofast wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble hearing dialog with this drama? the sound production is awful - constantly playing with my remote volume button to hear it!

I luckily have a sound bar and have put it to 3D movie which I don't have to do with anything other than BBC Drama. I think they are recording in such a way that standard tv equipment isn't coping with it.
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight was better than the first episode (which is the only other one I've watched) but it's still not my cup of tea. The boy appearing in the background of the home movie was very far-fetched.

Extremely far fetched! That ending was so ridiculously unbelievable, it's put a real dampener on my enjoyment of the programme.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    I luckily have a sound bar and have put it to 3D movie which I don't have to do with anything other than BBC Drama. I think they are recording in such a way that standard tv equipment isn't coping with it.

Well mine is !!
    I watched some of it tonight on a kitchen portable with no sound issues at all.