Options

EE: Sam Strike possibly leaving?

_elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't like to start a thread that is essentially based on a rumour, but there's been some speculation on the Johnny Appreciation Thread and Twitter in the last few days that Sam Strike is leaving EE.

Reasons: He doesn't appear to have been on set for quite some time now (Sam has been tweeting a lot about being on holiday/doing various things/there are a complete lack of pictures of him from the set etc), Luisa Bradshaw-White was tweeting him yesterday, and he was tweeting back, sounding like they haven't seen each other in a while, and on his FB page it said yesterday that he was an actor with BBC Worldwide but now this has been taken down. Also his contract would pretty much be coming to an end now, if he was signed for a year initially.

If anybody has any information about this then please post here. I don't want to believe it's true but the evidence is starting to stack up. :(

Comments

• Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure but it would be a huge shame. Johnny has real potential I think.
  • Options
    Imogen_GaleontiImogen_Galeonti Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I do wonder why Johnny has been underused for a while. He hasn't done many scenes since Sharon's attack in the Albert and his new boyfriend. But he does have stuff coming up with Ben soon. I don't think he's leaving, well I hope not.
  • Options
    Neu IntentionNeu Intention Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't say that :(

Having said that everything you say seems to be true - but whether he's leaving or not I don't know.

Not to forget the many casting agencies he's been following on Twitter (and the spotlight CV thing), almost as if he's looking for somewhere else.

I was even one of those on Twitter who tweeted him asking if he was leaving. Quite worried now as a lot of people are or are starting to be. :(
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, it would be a shame if it's true :(
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its true, they should use his exit as excuse to stab the sh*t out of Dean when Johhny finds out about the rape? Who better to exert revenge than mummy's little sausage?! :D

Shame if true though. Johnny is a nice kid, with bags of potential played by a decent actor, who is clearly well liked. That said, people are constantly saying the Carters are too big, so many may be pleased to see them decrease slightly.....even if its the wrong Carter to go. Yes LEE i'm looking at you!
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps he just hasn't settled. If his contract is up then its his choice to leave if hes not happy.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this is not true.
  • Options
    Cheryl_TateCheryl_Tate Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    PLEASE GO!:o:D
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I'm not bothered. I don't really notice when he's not onscreen. His coming out was good but now he's become bland.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping it isnt true. He is one of the better young actors in the show but unlike most of the Carters his character has been severely underused so I wouldnt blame the actor for seeking pastures new.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Hoping it isnt true. He is one of he better young actors in the show but unlike most of the Carters his character has been severely underused so I wouldnt blame the actor for seeking pastures new.

He is a good actor but the character has become boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    He is a good actor but the character has become boring.

Mainly because, as ArtyAttack says, he's been severely underused for the last six months or so. IMO he always does really well with what he's given, but he's given so little that it barely makes an impact.

I actually think he was one of the main reasons why the Carters worked so well when they first came into it. Now that the focus of the family has switched almost entirely to the older characters, their scenes don't have the same energy about them. It would be a massive blow for the family if Johnny was to leave. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they tried pairing me up with Psycho Ben, I'd probably leave too!!

I know Johnny isn't particularly shallow, but surely IRL he wouldn't look twice at Ben?! It's not like he has a dazzling personality or great sense of humour to make up for the fact that he's very average looking (IMO of course)
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be surprised if he left this soon. Maybe he just has some holiday to use? They've just finished filming Xmas havent they so maybe they all have a break.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I really hope not!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be surprised if he left this soon. Maybe he just has some holiday to use? They've just finished filming Xmas havent they so maybe they all have a break.

The other Carter actors have been regularly pictured on set, Sam seems to be the only one who hasn't been. And he appeared to be off when they were filming Christmas/NY scenes as well. I just find that really odd.

It may be that Sam needed a break for personal reasons. I can live with that, but if he's gone completely then it will be a real shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    If they tried pairing me up with Psycho Ben, I'd probably leave too!!

I know Johnny isn't particularly shallow, but surely IRL he wouldn't look twice at Ben?! It's not like he has a dazzling personality or great sense of humour to make up for the fact that he's very average looking (IMO of course)

Bring in Paul Coker for Johnny.

Sam Strike is far better than Danny Boy Hatchard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Bring in Paul Coker for Johnny.

Sam Strike is far better than Danny Boy Hatchard.

3 gays and 2 lesbians ON ONE SQUARE?! Imagine the outrage! :o:D:p
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he is on his holiday? Soap actors do them. People spread them out over the year but he could of cashed his holidays all in one sitting. Johnny has potential but it's been too slowly developed. If any of the carters i would be happy to see leave, would be Nancy. She's annoying. Sticks her nose in. Self centred.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    3 gays and 2 lesbians ON ONE SQUARE?! Imagine the outrage! :o:D:p

Johnny is decent and sweet he can't leave.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the tweets between Sam and Luisa, it also made me think that he has left.
  • Options
    calvin_jonescalvin_jones Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Its hardly a surprise. Sam made it clear in an interview six months ago he wanted to try lots of different acting including the possibility of going out to America. If an actor wants to leave they can't exactly stop them.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he got bored like the original Shabnam did. I'll light a candle for ya Elly if it happens. I liked his scenes in The Albert. All 6 of em.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Maybe he got bored like the original Shabnam did. I'll light a candle for ya Elly if it happens. I liked his scenes in The Albert. All 6 of em.

His scenes with Sharon around that time were so lovely. I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's difficult. :cry:
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on his personal facebook page?

It wouldn't be a surprise his young, EE was one of his bigger jobs and perhaps he wants to go on to do other stuff, soap work isn't for everyone, some actors like to take the leap and do a bit of variety, his been really quiet since around March anyway not really riveting is it.