Options

DTC should step down

dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
Forum Member
I think DTC should step down as EP of EastEnders shortly after the 30th Birthday. I think the BBC should be more picky at finding the next exec and should make sure they are 100% up to the job. I think DTC has done all he can for the show and we should be looking to start the next 30 years fresh.

Dom has done a good job in rebuilding the show and characters that had been ruined but i think next year would be the right time for him and EastEnders to part ways.

A total new family with no links taking over the vic should be top of the new Execs agenda. Keep Mick,Linda and Co on the square though. The Death of Shirley would be good to because i have never seen her as this big Icon DTC sees her as.

Should DTC step down? 184 votes

Yes
13%
[Deleted User]2shy2007dan2008doormouse1BirdseedthebestbitGet Den WattsT.K.Martin1jazzydrury3Reem2011[Deleted User]Joey15811tobi[Deleted User]NicoleRichAura101jojoenoAl_StackLittleByLittle 25 votes
No
79%
Adam Lawecco66AcerBenLady VoldemortTelcontarbumpandgrindEvilredzebramintchocchipmojo5000valdsajan[Deleted User]actual_soapbass55InsideSoapSick Bulletalias aliasClaypioMiniMeTooSoggyFroggy 146 votes
Don't know
7%
_elly001SpiderMan 83SuperAPJCherryRoseMrAndrew[Deleted User]D. MorganOtis HillShawn_LunnKaylaLJames330...0srhgts 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Are you mental? He still fixing the show remember the saying "rome wasnt built in a day" it the same for eastenders could take another 12-18 months
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know
    That's put the cat amongst the pigeons. You're a brave man Dan. :D
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Geniunely surprised to see you posting this Dan2008:o

Im not saying your wrong,Im just surprised.
  • Options
    james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No Dominic is perfect but he needs someone better than Alex Lamb as his number 2.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see that happening yet, DTC has brought the show around, yes there are a lot of issues but compared to other soaps atm it's probably in the best shape out of all of them, rating wise it will always go up and down and I think the BBC will want to keep that way, it be too soon imo for him to leave the show is still recovering.

Is there any point in bringing in another new family to take over the vic so soon after the Carters, yes there a extension of one character but otherwise they are new and only just settle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    :cry:
    0...0 wrote: »
    That's put the cat amongst the pigeons. You're a brave man Dan. :D
    Thank you :-)
    I like to think so :D
    Are you mental? He still fixing the show remeber the saying "rome wasnt built in a day" it the same for eastenders could take another 12-18 months
    Not at all. I just don't like seeing EastEnders plodding along like it is. The show should be mega exciting as we enter Christmas and the 30th but it's not. Fire Week and The Wedding week was Brilliant but it's really died down since.
    The Rape storyline was acted very well but that's all.
    Halloween Week was ok but nothing special. I like the Carters but too much is going on for them storyline wise and they are not enough to carry the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Geniunely surprised to see you posting this Dan2008:o

Im not saying your wrong,Im just surprised.
    Thats a start i suppose :D
    EastEnders should be my number 1 soap at this time but it isn't i feel it's far too inconsistent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I want Edgy risk taking EastEnders back.
    The soap that sticks two fingers up to the world.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Unless he goes back to how he was beginning of year yes.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    Absolutely no way, I think a character who has been nothing more than a bit part player these past 6 months leaving is having an OTT reaction on here, if it was Danny or Kellie going then fair enough I could see why that would have a bigger impact but the show already has lots of young males...Ben, Jay and Peter, Liam growing up and the the obvious arrival of Paul Coker next year. As long as Johnny's exit is understated, going off to live in Uni halls or actually deciding to go travelling and quitting Uni (he got low marks anyway) then Johnny can easily return and more importantly the Carters can carry on as normal once he has left. DTC has been a great Producer so far and no way should we be losing the Carters from the Vic just because Johnny is leaving, Sam Strike is a good actor and good luck to him but if Johnny wasn't gay would he even be that popular...?
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are well into autumn almost winter and the viewing figures were meant to be climbing hasn't happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Absolutely no way, I think a character who has been nothing more than a bit part player these past 6 months leaving is having an OTT reaction on here, if it was Danny or Kellie going then fair enough I could see why that would have a bigger impact but the show already has lots of young males...Ben, Jay and Peter, Liam growing up and the the obvious arrival of Paul Coker next year. As long as Johnny's exit is understated, going off to live in Uni halls or actually deciding to go travelling and quitting Uni (he got low marks anyway) then Johnny can easily return and more importantly the Carters can carry on as normal once he has left. DTC has been a great Producer so far and no way should we be losing the Carters from the Vic just because Johnny is leaving, Sam Strike is a good actor and good luck to him but if Johnny wasn't gay would he even be that popular...?

Johnny is really a character I look up to as I relate to him so much. He is a brilliant actor and show of been used more. He was the best acre across the whole younger cast along with jamie borthwock.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Im not sure that the OP thread was wholly sparked by Sam Strike quitting?:confused:
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Johnny is really a character I look up to as I relate to him so much. He is a brilliant actor and show of been used more. He was the best acre across the whole younger cast along with jamie borthwock.

I suppose it's all about opinions but if he wasn't a gay character he would not had the fandom he has had on here
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    We are well into autumn almost winter and the viewing figures were meant to be climbing hasn't happened.

Most viewing figures of soaps have been inconsistent, Corrie for most of the year has been down 2 million, it jumps up every now and again but it still down, EE has remained around the 5-6 mill mark for most of the year as well, I think people need to accept that times have change and the way we view show have as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Ratings are tricky.
    Other then Strictly,Bake off and a few other shows Ratings have fallen. Downton,X factor and soaps are under performing.
    EastEnders has seen the smallest drop of the 3 Big soaps though.
  • Options
    Cheryl_TateCheryl_Tate Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Yes
    The show is a mess! Too many secrets
  • Options
    james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No

Its conflicting. The audience share for EE is up but its actual ratings are still falling.

Its a double edge sword though because catch up does need to be taken into account and until all forms of catch up are included in official figures its hard to know just how many are watching what.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I suppose it's all about opinions but if he wasn't a gay character he would not had the fandom he has had on here

That gave sam a chance to prove his acting skills and he did. After that he really should of became a bigger character and involved in more and more Storylines. Instead he along with his siblings have been pushed ashes for linda, nick, Shirley, phil and Sharon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Im not sure that the OP thread was wholly sparked by Sam Strike quitting?:confused:
    I like Johnny but i don't think he is a loss tbh.
  • Options
    eaststreetlovereaststreetlover Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    Hasn't he just started work on a new set - I can't see him leaving soon?
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    No
    This is the first time I have ever disagreed with you Dan, DTC is has turned EE around so much.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    No
    I think DTC is good for EastEnders at the mo and so is Alex Lamb. The show is in better shape than it was. My main issue is with pacing.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    No
    He's not got it right all the time but he has been good for the show. I like the Carters and I like Shirley, she doesn't need a label to make her one of EE's best actors. Looking forward to her return next week.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    No
    dan2008 wrote: »
    :cry:Thank you :-)
    I like to think so :D

Not at all. I just don't like seeing EastEnders plodding along like it is. The show should be mega exciting as we enter Christmas and the 30th but it's not. Fire Week and The Wedding week was Brilliant but it's really died down since.
    The Rape storyline was acted very well but that's all.
    Halloween Week was ok but nothing special. I like the Carters but too much is going on for them storyline wise and they are not enough to carry the show.

BIB Wedding week was terrible. I don't think DTC should step down though. I don't like the way the stories have been in blocks but I do like what he has done with the Carters. I think he should stay for another year and see how it goes before calling for him to step down.