Options

Jay James branded a bully.

erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
Forum Member
✭✭✭
X Factor 2014 contestant Jay James has been branded a diva who has ‘intimidated’ the other contestants.

The singer is the favourite to go in tonight’s results show and it seems that his chances on the show are tumbling by the second today.

Sources backstage on The X Factor claim that Jay has become an “absolute nightmare” behind the the scenes, despite his “pretty likeable character on camera.”

The Sun on Sunday reports that even Simon Cowell had to get involved when a row erupted between Jay and Stevi Ritchie.

A source told the newspaper: “He is one of the most hated contestants we’ve ever had.”

The Daily Mirror meanwhile reports on claims that some of the other acts have branded Jay a BULLY.

“A number of the contestants are a bit intimidated by Jay,” an insider commented. “He can be very intense and quite *outspoken.

“It has come as a shock to the less confident singers. He has said things to people while they are practising which they have found hurtful.”

However Jay defended himself and said his comments were just “friendly banter and friendly direction”.

“I respect that people need to make their own *decisions in this environment. But from a friend *perspective, I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t think so much of the people,” he said. “If they’re wearing green jeans with an *orange top I’d just be like, ‘Let’s have a word, maybe you shouldn’t’.”

And Jay hit back at being branded “intense”: “Intense is not the word, I think driven is – I’m very driven. I think the opportunity deserves the respect of me giving it that focus.”

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/203207-xfactor-2014-jay-james-branded-a-bully-and-backstage-diva.html#ixzz3JF85kJzz
Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook

Comments

• Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that he has such an arrogant look on his face when the judges give their critic, he sort of smirks back at them .
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Claims happen every year it's boring
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go....... the "bully" of the series. ;-)

I wondered when it'd start.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    I have noticed that he has such an arrogant look on his face when the judges give their critic, he sort of smirks back at them .

Yes this is the way he comes across to me
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the bus...
  • Options
    Jack_RamoneJack_Ramone Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    How can he be a diva, there's no water that deep in London :O
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay James pissed in my cornflakes. :cry:
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluefb wrote: »
    Jay James pissed in my cornflakes. :cry:

Which contestant's corn flakes did he pee in...???...
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt these stories are true but I've said all along that there's something about him that I really don't like. A kind of cocky, smarmy arrogance to him that's so unlikeable.
  • Options
    BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    I doubt these stories are true but I've said all along that there's something about him that I really don't like. A kind of cocky, smarmy arrogance to him that's so unlikeable.

Well summed up.

Knows every 'card' to play.. Last week it was 'the forces', 'my last chance' and 'I'm not well'. This week 'his grandmothers favourite song' and 'his granddad's suit'.

Sorry but I just can't warm to the guy.
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have difficulty buying this to be honest. He doesn't come across as a bully at all. Unless he's a magnificent actor, which I highly doubt, he shouldn't be capable of hiding it so well..
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    However Jay defended himself and said his comments were just “friendly banter and friendly direction”.

I respect that people need to make their own decisions in this environment. But from a friend perspective, I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t think so much of the people,” he said. “If they’re wearing green jeans with an orange top I’d just be like, ‘Let’s have a word, maybe you shouldn’t

Ermmm really Jay giving out fashion advice!!!!he wears rolled up trousers with grandad shoes and no socks :o:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't listen to the Daily Mail or The Sun... But Jay does just seem very unlikeable to me, I've been saying for weeks he's a phoney. Not a fan, definitely something about him but again I won't listen to those papers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I have difficulty buying this to be honest. He doesn't come across as a bully at all. Unless he's a magnificent actor, which I highly doubt, he shouldn't be capable of hiding it so well..

well like Louis says he's like a young Kevin Costner..which is what i see when he sings :D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His turn to be thrown under a bus this week then

Karaoke crap song - check
    Underwhelming comments - check
    Negative story 'leaked' to the media - check
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. The hatchet jobs are coming thick and fast this series. They're leaving nothing to chance, it seems, or indeed that pesky public.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll say it again he is Steve Brookstein 2,0 waiting to happen
  • Options
    LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    His turn to be thrown under a bus this week then

Karaoke crap song - check
    Underwhelming comments - check
    Negative story 'leaked' to the media - check

Crap voice - check

It's not all a conspiracy theory, some people are just awful singers.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laying the groundwork for a Jay vs Stevi bottom two tonight methinks
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF its true pity this wasnt flagged up last week i could still have paul there
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF its true pity this wasnt flagged up last week i could still have paul there

Let's face it...being a military guy gets you by a couple hours of weeks... All the time, and they would have found to rid Paul or whoever else they wanted to...
  • Options
    OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more concerned by that awful hat he wears in his vt.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone that watched Xtra Factor last night would have seen Jays true colours picking on Steve. I should add I don't like either of them.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay James gave his life to make this country the great country it is. RULE BRITANNIA!
  • Options
    keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    Well summed up.

Knows every 'card' to play.. Last week it was 'the forces', 'my last chance' and 'I'm not well'. This week 'his grandmothers favourite song' and 'his granddad's suit'.

Sorry but I just can't warm to the guy.

I started creating a thread last night entitled 'Dead man's suit' and then thought it might be in bad taste so I'm glad someone has finally mentioned it :D

There really does seem to be no bottom to that barrell.