Options

Loose Women facing a panel shake-up or getting a new format?

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Coleen namedropping her musical son again...

To be fair, she has always talked about him. I think now because he is famous in his own right maybe you pick up on it more?
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, she has always talked about him. I think now because he is famous in his own right maybe you pick up on it more?

I wouldn't say I pick up on it more, as like you say she's always done it. I guess I just find it a bit more annoying now.

She really needs to get over Shane Ritchie too. That "ex-husband" correction today was petty IMO.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say I pick up on it more, as like you say she's always done it, I guess I just find it a bit more annoying now.

She really needs to get over Shane Ritchie too. That "ex-husband" correction today was petty IMO.

I agree with that, the Shane Ritchie thing has been a constant throwback for her since she began on the show. All her stories lead their way back to him.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand Gloria Hunniford's incessant droning on. Plus, she's a right interrupter when other are talking. And after "me personally" we now have Gloria starting every other sentence with "Its interesting...". No, it isn't interesting Gloria, you're trying to make it sound interesting by starting whatever you have to say with those words! Tedious woman! >:(
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gloria was embarrassing. She kept harping on about bloody Karen again when Mr Spain was trying to talk about Lynda. She kind of ruined that interview for me. Gloria thinks the whole world evolves around her. Get rid of her please!
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the interview with Mr Spain was ruined by Gloria interuppting and not letting Mr Spain finish his sentence. From her point of view she was trying to sympathise with him and as she did not know Lynda it was hard for her to relate to her so she used her own experiences but there is a time and a place, he did not care about her life and probably did not want to be there in the first place. You could see how hard and raw it was for him to talk and he was there to promote the book on behalf of lynda as she was not there.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Ruth, Coleen, Sherrie & Janet today - should be an interesting line up! Hopefully they've given Jamelia the boot :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Ruth, Coleen, Sherrie & Janet today - should be an interesting line up! Hopefully they've given Jamelia the boot :p

Yes, decent line up today, especially after having to suffer Gloria's tedious ramblings yesterday. >:(

I doubt she's been axed unfortunately, (although we live in hope!), but according to my on screen TV guide no Jamelia this week, hurray!!! :)

Evidently there's a guest panellist tomorrow, Shappi Khorsandi. Not sure who she is though.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Evidently there's a guest panellist tomorrow, Shappi Khorsandi. Not sure who she is though.

An Iranian born comedienne...mainly just Iranian though to be fair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    CSweeet7 wrote: »
    I want to know what Kaye did to get demoted to just doing one day a fortnight.

I don't know but I hate it. She's the best anchor they have and I'm sick to the back teeth of Ruth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know but I hate it. She's the best anchor they have and I'm sick to the back teeth of Ruth.

The new boss loves Ruth

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tumble-star-andrea-mclean-fallen-4062702

They should have reduced Andrea's hours though - not Kaye's! >:(

Bette Midler today! :D
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,240
    Forum Member
    Bette Midler was amazing, and received the loudest and longest ovation that I have ever heard on Loose Women.

She looked great too, and thankfully didn't look as if she had been in a wind tunnel.:)
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,027
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Yes, decent line up today, especially after having to suffer Gloria's tedious ramblings yesterday. >:(

I doubt she's been axed unfortunately, (although we live in hope!), but according to my on screen TV guide no Jamelia this week, hurray!!! :)

She's an comedian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's an comedian.

Thanks. I didn't think she added much at all to today's show.

Bette Midler was fabulous though, very entertaining.
    cavalli wrote: »
    An Iranian born comedienne...mainly just Iranian though to be fair.

After today's show I see what you mean. ;-)
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bette Milder made today one of the best LW shows for a very long time. She's so funny. :D

Loved it when she didn't recognise JSP - whom she has known for years (according to Janet anyway) :D
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite episodes ever!!!

I was thinking before about the complitions they do to mark Loose Women's anniversaries or back in the day when a panellist left (Colleen 3 times) and that this new series is too serious and there are no laughs. A couple of things annoying me this week:

Why do they need to do three news articles in the first segment of the show. It means a lot of Ruth talking with one pannelist going in depth and a quick comment by the others.

Because Ruth talks so much it is becoming more annoying that she looks down the camera which is at the side rather then forward at the audience who she used to look at when the table was horizontal.

I miss Kaye!

When they do the contact us page they bring up the website showing they have new pannelists! Penny has been on ONCE ..ONCE!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »

When they do the contact us page they bring up the website showing they have new pannelists! Penny has been on ONCE ..ONCE!!!!

I'm wondering if the producers (along with many of the viewers), decided once was quite enough! :D
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I don't get why there's still guest panelists. I'd rather, 8-10 regulars on a rota basis like the old days
  • Options
    zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Bette Midler was amazing, and received the loudest and longest ovation that I have ever heard on Loose Women.

She looked great too, and thankfully didn't look as if she had been in a wind tunnel.:)
    Surely the loudest and longest standing ovation was for Lynda Bellingham on her final interview.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This should be the anchor line up, Ruth- Mon and Tues, Kaye- Wed and Thurs and Andrea only Friday!

IMO, the best panel is, Kaye, Coleen, Linda Robson and Nadia.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,104
    Forum Member
    Shappi on again today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andrea, Nadia, Sherrie & Janet today, glad they got rid of Shappi!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Kaye, Colleen, Nadia and JSP. The best panel they have right now.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,104
    Forum Member
    Just met Kaye outside itv :D

Linda's back this week!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Just met Kaye outside itv :D

Linda's back this week!
    Yes! :) lucky you, was she nice? She seems lovely :)