Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    blightyearblightyear Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    How can the dancing black man in the Quidco advert live with himself after what he has done? :o
    The "Shaking My Invisible Marraccas" part at the end makes me crack up. Poor bloke probably gets that in the street:
    "Oi Mate!!" /does shaky maraccas dance.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I find the music enticing for some reason.

You can download a free copy of the music from here.

http://blog.very.co.uk/2014/11/biggestchristmasyet/

'Thimbles’ by Beuys Toys

Think I'll pass!

I can't believe those Aunt Bessie ads with the stupid old ladies are still on every ad break for The Chase.
    You'd have thought they would have updated the ads by now.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand the vistaprint advert with the annoying bloke singing "I just wanted you to know " over and over and over again
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People's Postcode Lottery. The burly Welsh bloke reminds me of the scam artists that get featured on Watchdog.
  • Options
    danny_gamerdanny_gamer Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blightyear wrote: »
    The "Shaking My Invisible Marraccas" part at the end makes me crack up. Poor bloke probably gets that in the street:
    "Oi Mate!!" /does shaky maraccas dance.

:D
    I know, even when his girlfriend catches him, he just can't stop boogie-ing to Sex Bomb/Quidco 'cos they've made him so happy with 1000% APR.

He must be an extremely desperate out of work extra but deserves all the abuse he gets!

Meanwhile, the House of Fraser models need a good pelt with rotten tomatoes. Who comes up with these patronising sh*tverts?! :o
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Andre on every ad break for the jungle, I know Iceland sponsor it, but there's too much of him.
    And why is he treated like some sort of heart throb on all their ads, with silly women drooling over him. He's no pin up, I don't get the attraction at all.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Lidl xmas advert is by far the most annoying ad I've seen in a long while thanks to that daft mare with her stupid musings over the turkey; "it's very succulent, isn't it? it's moist. It's juicy......it's not dry!"
    well duhhh, I think we had that already well figured out from your description>:(
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Think I'll pass!

I can't believe those Aunt Bessie ads with the stupid old ladies are still on every ad break for The Chase.

Quite, why is having Yorkshire Puddings with Roast Chicken such a big deal anyway, I've had that all my life.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vistaprint with that irritating girl banging on about her stupid dog grooming business >:(
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    That Mecca Bingo (I think) one: "I'm wearing a white coat. That's how I know you like dancing cactuses."

Really?

It got worse. Much worse. She now introduces creme brulees with faces, one wails "they burnt my faaaace" or something. Unless I dreamt it.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vistaprint with that irritating girl banging on about her stupid dog grooming business >:(

Aww, she's lovely. How can you get mad at this? There are a billion worse adverts to get mad at rather than a working person with a love of dogs. She's nice.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    That Lidl xmas advert is by far the most annoying ad I've seen in a long while thanks to that daft mare with her stupid musings over the turkey; "it's very succulent, isn't it? it's moist. It's juicy......it's not dry!"
    well duhhh, I think we had that already well figured out from your description>:(

and the reason the turkey is succulent, moist & juicy is due to the way the person cooked it and not down to the fact it comes from Lidl so why do they think this is relevant to Lidl specifically? The Turkey would still be that way no matter which shop it was brought from.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,162
    Forum Member
    The song in the Nationwide advert does my head in.

"IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII believe in youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Think I'll pass!

They look like young ladies made up to look like old ladies.:D
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh god yes. And her awful eshtuary twang grating on my nerves.
  • Options
    g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Alpen ad on Dave seems to sponser ever blasted programme on Dave.

Before the start pf programme :o before the ads :o after the ads :o and at the end of programmes. :o:o:o The guy creeps me out
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Not as disturbing as the horrific Just Eat chefs :o:o:o
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkwafer wrote: »
    Oh god yes. And her awful eshtuary twang grating on my nerves.

Can't deny she is quite attractive, but the voice goes right through me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some spasm with a horrible beard advertising whisky with a bunch of Santas, on Drama far too often.

Whoever said beards is a "good look", beats me.
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    That world hunger advert with the condescending middle class girl giving a speech.
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno if I'm late to the party with this one. I hear it's been out for a month, but I've only just seen Beckham advertising whisky with some other tossers who might be famous. Didn't catch the end of it. Too busy vomiting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Dunno if I'm late to the party with this one. I hear it's been out for a month, but I've only just seen Beckham advertising whisky with some other tossers who might be famous. Didn't catch the end of it. Too busy vomiting.

Awful, isn't it?
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »

First time I saw that I thought it was advertising men's fragrance. It's a weird one.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Just seen the Beckham ad, CRAP!
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnan wrote: »
    Some spasm with a horrible beard advertising whisky with a bunch of Santas, on Drama far too often.

Whoever said beards is a "good look", beats me.

As if anyone brings a bottle of whisky to a party.
    £3.99 wine from Tescos is what they get round here, if they're lucky
This discussion has been closed.