Options

Where are they NOW ?

edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
Forum Member
✭✭
A lot of celebrities usually do Strictly to boost their career; Some succeed , others dont......

Which celebrities had the biggest boost in their career after Strictly in your opinion ?

Zoe Ball probably without a doubt IMO ; I would also say Chris Hollins, Matt Baker, Alesha Dixon (maybe),......

Are you interested to see what happens with your favorites after the show ? Career Wise ?

Chelsee Healey seems to be doing well....she had a few plays here and there.....
Abbey Clancy continues to do whatever she was doing after the show : she has a Clothing Line that is doing very well and just recently has been announced as an Avon Ambassador, Modelling....

--What happened to Mark Ramprakash ?
-Matt Di Angelo ? is he still acting :confused:
-Kara Tointon ?
-Did Harry pursued a solo career ?

Who do you think will get a massive boost AFTER this year's strictly is over ?

Imo Judy Mo, Mark and maybe Frankie ?

Thoughts :blush::) ?

Comments

• Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For Me Aleisha dixon has done a lot since stritcly
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember that Ann went on to reinforce her position as a much loved National Treasure and is still in big demand.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Di Angelo is back in Eastenders now and is part of a huge current storyline.
    Jimi Mistry married Flavia and is now in Corrie.
    Kimberley Walsh released an album, did soe presenting and sang at a few events.
    Lisa Riley seems to be secondary presenter on ITT most weeks.
    Tom Chambers has been very successful in musical theatre.
    Susanna Reidis now fronting ITV breakfast.
    Ricky Whittle is now starring in two US dramas after quitting Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    mockneyrebelmockneyrebel Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    "-Matt Di Angelo ? is he still acting "

Matt di Angelo is currently 'starring' Eastenders

"Did Harry pursued a solo career ?"
    Harry performed with McBusted on the results show on Sunday :)

Kara starred with Rupert Everett in Pygmalion shortly after her Strictly run and has been in other plays since.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    A lot of celebrities usually do Strictly to boost their career; Some succeed , others dont......

Which celebrities had the biggest boost in their career after Strictly in your opinion ?

Zoe Ball probably without a doubt IMO ; I would also say Chris Hollins, Matt Baker, Alesha Dixon (maybe),......

Are you interested to see what happens with your favorites after the show ? Career Wise ?

Chelsee Healey seems to be doing well....she had a few plays here and there.....
    Abbey Clancy continues to do whatever she was doing after the show : she has a Clothing Line that is doing very well and just recently has been announced as an Avon Ambassador, Modelling....

--What happened to Mark Ramprakash ?
    -Matt Di Angelo ? is he still acting :confused:
    -Kara Tointon ?
    -Did Harry pursued a solo career ?

Who do you think will get a massive boost AFTER this year's strictly is over ?

Imo Judy Mo, Mark and maybe Frankie ?

Thoughts :blush::) ?

Mark Ramprakash is the England batting coach.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kara starred with Rupert Everett in Pygmalion shortly after her Strictly run and has been in other plays since.

I saw Kara in something last week was it lewis or midsummer murders something like that.
  • Options
    latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara (and her sister) are in - or filming for the next series of Mr Selfridge,
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just to add that of course Matt was one of the grifters in Hustle along with Adrian Lester, Robert Glenister and Robert Vaughan, and Kara co-starred in a film with Dougray Scott last year.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    I saw Kara in something last week was it lewis or midsummer murders something like that.

It was Lewis. I was quite impressed. The supporting cast is usually made up of Foxes or Cusacks.;-)
  • Options
    nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Georgina Bouzova doesn't seem to be doing film/tv at the moment and hasn't for several years. She may, of course, have moved into theatre work only.

If not, then she would be one former contestant who took part as her Casualty role was ending and didn't quite get the boost.
  • Options
    nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nosilauk wrote: »
    Georgina Bouzova doesn't seem to be doing film/tv at the moment and hasn't for several years. She may, of course, have moved into theatre work only.

If not, then she would be one former contestant who took part as her Casualty role was ending and didn't quite get the boost.

Her personal website hasn't been updated for four years....
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Di Angelo is back in Eastenders now and is part of a huge current storyline.

actually she isn't, she has only done ITT a couple of times and only once this series

She has however presented the Live Tour and done Dance To The Music (or whatever it was called) with Ian, Natalie and Artem

She is also doing this years Christmas Special with Robin and has done panto

Im sure she is also doing tv work but as I am not fan, I avoid her on the tv :D

I don't know how high profile she was before Strictly but she certainly seems to be doing ok after her stint on Strictly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Ramprakash is the England batting coach.

Wow. Good for him :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see them doing well. I'm especially pleased for Ricky :)
    Kara (and her sister) are in - or filming for the next series of Mr Selfridge,
    She still remains one of my favorites contestants.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    actually she isn't, she has only done ITT a couple of times and only once this series

She has however presented the Live Tour and done Dance To The Music (or whatever it was called) with Ian, Natalie and Artem

She is also doing this years Christmas Special with Robin and has done panto

Im sure she is also doing tv work but as I am not fan, I avoid her on the tv :D

I don't know how high profile she was before Strictly but she certainly seems to be doing ok after her stint on Strictly

It just seems like she is always on something Strictly related :p
  • Options
    hilary2329hilary2329 Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    For someone that hadn't done any dancing (I think) then surely it must be Tom Chambers?
    He was brilliant on Strictly and just got better and better as the weeks went by and then went into musical theatre where he still stars.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just seems like she is always on something Strictly related :p

yes, it does doesn't it :p
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont really think you can credit strictly for what they are doing now they all went back to the day jobs didnt they ?
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Today Holly Candy (Valance) tweeted this pic of her, Tuffers and other celebs visiting No 10 in connection with The Children's Trust.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B24A1P-IcAAw44L.jpg:large
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha Dixon unquestionably. She's gone from a totally failed ex girlband popstar to well known Cowell limpet.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    dont really think you can credit strictly for what they are doing now they all went back to the day jobs didnt they ?

I think in the case of more than one of the sports stars its primed them for a retirement career as a talking head pundit by giving them a sort of impromptu crash course in "meeja training". You can tell that by the end a lot of them are more comfortable being in the spotlight and doing general interviews than they were at the start. It's noticable that a lot of the people you find chatting away on MOTD/the Olympics are former Strictly contestants.

Otherwise the show tends to take people who are b-list/c-list in their chosen field and keep them there for a bit longer than otherwise would be the case. Alesha's a notable exception, given that she was barely tabloid fodder when she started and afterwards became an actual celebrity. Lisa Riley's another one who was absolutely washed-up when she signed up but seems to have work again.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't Mark Benton supposed to be hosting a game show this year that involved answering general knowledge questions and then bowling a ball or something :confused:

Maybe it has aired already?

I was hoping he would go on to do more theatre work or films. He'll probably end up in a soap which would be good for his bank balance but a waste of potential. He could be the next Timothy Spall who is absolutely fantastic in Turner.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    Alesha Dixon unquestionably. She's gone from a totally failed ex girlband popstar to well known Cowell limpet.

Whats a limpet, I quite like the sound of that word, it can't be a lame female can it?
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to Chris Parker? He was (imo) completely useless but yet somehow came second in the first series but after leaving Eastenders I don't recall him doing much else since.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    He might not be everyone's cup of tea, but Russell Grant is always saying how much Flavia and appearing on SCD turned his life around. He has been constantly in work appearing in various shows/plays both in the west end and on tour. It definitely opened a few doors for him so I'd say that he gained a lot from his scd experience.