Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I have to hear Let It Go one more time, I'll put my foot through the television.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The PayPal one is back with the girl with weird accent, she can't decide whether she is English or American.:confused:
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    If I have to hear Let It Go one more time, I'll put my foot through the television.

Tell me about it. I've never seen the film Frozen but I am sick to the back teeth of that bloomin song being featured everywhere
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    John Lewis with another crappy cover version.

I can't stand the way he says "doooin"
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The clothes ad with Lorraine Kelly annoys me. Mainly cus when the people at the party stop dancing to stuffy music they change to this oh-so-trendy electro swing type music. My ex used to play 'Electro swing' music all the time - It was god damn AWFUL.
    I'm gonna be needing the mute button.
  • Options
    petertreepetertree Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the advert there to get you to donate to the British Legion?
    If so I might change my opinion on it

Yes they are selling the old fashioned chocolate bar and a proportion of sales is going to the legion.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :blush:
    Makson wrote: »
    That Lidl xmas advert is by far the most annoying ad I've seen in a long while thanks to that daft mare with her stupid musings over the turkey; "it's very succulent, isn't it? it's moist. It's juicy......it's not dry!"
    well duhhh, I think we had that already well figured out from your description>:(

I thought it was just me who found that woman and her stupid comments about the turkey irritating lol. I don't mind the ad it's just her going on and on about the turkey and no one is taking any notice anyway.
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    patricia50 wrote: »
    I thought it was just me who found that woman and her stupid comments about the turkey lol. I don't mind the ad it's just her going on and on about the turkey and now one is taking any notice anyway. If they cut that bit out I wouldn't mind the ad.

What about"Oh my god, I am Soooooooo happy!"??I'd wipe the smile off her face!:D
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    patricia50 wrote: »
    :blush:

I thought it was just me who found that woman and her stupid comments about the turkey irritating lol. I don't mind the ad it's just her going on and on about the turkey and no one is taking any notice anyway.

I was trying to work out if she was the same woman from the lidl market stall ad who gushed about the pineapple, winds me up no end lol
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cringe tastic one for ITV "Daytime" with Schofield/Holden/Loose Women etc. Vomit.

And then Cadbury have extended that one with Keith Lemon to include more itv stars like Schofield, Bleakley and Mulhern. Bloody awful
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I'm confused about the Boots ad with the nurse.She gets in a 6am on Boxing Day, so unless she worked a 30 hour shift, how did she miss at least some of Christmas Day with her family?
  • Options
    JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    "OK Google what is a rockhopper penguin?"

Sod off love cheers
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JBO wrote: »

Sod off love cheers

I hate the way the boy talks in that advert.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    piggypug wrote: »
    That world hunger advert with the condescending middle class girl giving a speech.

Just seen that ad last night for the first time, patronising bollocks >:(
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    JBO wrote: »

Sod off love cheers

Google voice: Why dont you type 'rockhopper penguin' into Google and find out you lazy sod :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand the vistaprint advert with the annoying bloke singing "I just wanted you to know " over and over and over again

Yep, the song is narcissistic if you think about it.

It isn't the thought about the other person he wants to share but that they know he's thinking something.

Hate that company because of its ads. Hope it goes bust soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Peter Andre on every ad break for the jungle, I know Iceland sponsor it, but there's too much of him.
    And why is he treated like some sort of heart throb on all their ads, with silly women drooling over him. He's no pin up, I don't get the attraction at all.

...and the voiceover artist calls him "Pito".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    The PayPal one is back with the girl with weird accent, she can't decide whether she is English or American.:confused:

That's so they can use it in "different markets".

Hate it. Is it the one where she drones on about "stores"? We don't have stores pet, we have shops.

As for "People Rule" - even the smart arse font gets on my nerves.

Hate paypal, its a terrible company, a pathetic product and a red tape nightmare.

Much better products out there.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Park - "Start planning your debt-free Christmas 2015"

PISS OFF!! >:(
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bloke 'dancing' at the end of the execrable Quidco ad, wiggling his fingers above his chest - he's surely hanged himself in shame since filming that.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barclays advert. Wtf were they thinking?
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ANDROID ad - I'd love to spend a minute with the cretin that thought that song was "catchy".

I despise him/her so much I find it hard to put into words.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's Samsung who have a curved TV which features a man and (presumably) his son in a Roman-style coliseum. The annoying bit is the common misconception that is included, i.e. that the emperor put his thumb down to tell the gladiator to kill his vanquished opponent.

In reality, thumbs down meant nothing - the thumb was used to signify the sword, so if a gladiator was to kill his opponent, the signal would be a thumb up (a closed fist was used to show that the gladiator should spare his opponent).
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Baileys ad, on every ad break on ch5.
    The music comes on quite strong, then it is the usual weak, girly singers that accompany it. Sounds like one of those X Factor girl group rejects.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I think it's Samsung who have a curved TV which features a man and (presumably) his son in a Roman-style coliseum. The annoying bit is the common misconception that is included, i.e. that the emperor put his thumb down to tell the gladiator to kill his vanquished opponent.

In reality, thumbs down meant nothing - the thumb was used to signify the sword, so if a gladiator was to kill his opponent, the signal would be a thumb up (a closed fist was used to show that the gladiator should spare his opponent).

I'm sure they are using the music from Zulu in that ad.
This discussion has been closed.