That was last year

Huh?? No that was last night.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Doing worse than last year isnt it?

It is. The Simon/Cheryl return didn't do much for the ratings.
    Although SCD is down.

Strictly has been very erratic this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UktvRs says 9m, Jenny says 10m.

Aren't they both aggregators?

H was posting last year's figures as comparison to this year's. That tweet is from last year.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    From DS

Coronation Street topped Monday's soap ratings (November 24) with Steve McDonald's ongoing depression storyline, overnight figures show.

7.89m (36.0%) watched at 7.30pm on ITV and 115k (0.5%) on +1 as Steve heard his diagnosis after deciding to seek help from a doctor, while 7.8m (32.9%) returned at 8.30pm as the Rovers boss continued to suffer in silence.

EastEnders attracted 7.05m (30.0%) at 8pm on BBC One as Shabnam realised that Denise had stolen from the Minute Mart. BBC Three's repeat screening secured 243k (1.7%) at 10.30pm.

Emmerdale appealed to 6.32m (30.8%) at 7pm on ITV and 100k (0.4%) on +1 as Aaron and Ross clashed again.

Hollyoaks interested 1.02m (5.1%) at 6.30pm on Channel 4 as Freddie was quizzed by the police, while E4's first look once again topped the multichannel ratings with 929k (4.5%) at 7pm and 225k (1.0%) on +1.

Neighbours entertained 544k (7.9%) at 1.45pm and 934k (5.7%) at 5.30pm on Channel 5 as Kyle demanded answers from Sheila following the surprise reappearance of his father.

Home and Away managed 209k (3.0%) at 1.15pm and 618k (3.3%) at 6pm on Channel 5, while 5*'s first look had 403k (2.0%) at 6.30pm.

Elsewhere, BBC One's Doctors was seen by 1.59m (23.4%) at 1.45pm.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Pleased for Eastendrs to be up on last week. Hopefully it will rise every Monday to Christmas now.
    Corrie's drop is massive year on year. Only im a celeb is keeping the second episode on par with the first. It's anyone's game who will win Christmas Day. Corrie usually drops Christmas Day on average to normal episodes while Eastenders rises somewhat. Emmerdale seems low as well.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soaps in 2013

Coronation Street
    9.11m (39.6%), 130k (0.5%) DOWN 1.22m YOY
    9.49m (36.7%), 217k (0.9%) DOWN 1.7m YOY

EastEnders

8.41m (34.3%) BBC Three's 408k (2.7%) DOWN 1.36m YOY

Emmerdale

7.38m (34.1%)105k (0.4%) DOWN 1.06m YOY

All soaps down heavily YOY, particularly the 2nd Corrie and EastEnders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    S0aps in 2013

Coronation Street
    9.11m (39.6%), 130k (0.5%) DOWN 1.22m YOY
    9.49m (36.7%), 217k (0.9%) DOWN 1.7m YOY

EastEnders

8.41m (34.3%) BBC Three's 408k (2.7%) DOWN 1.36m YOY

Emmerdale

7.38m (34.1%)105k (0.4%) DOWN 1.06m YOY

EE last year were big eps so thats why they are down so much and it was expected.
    ED seems to be off the boil at present with just 30.8% share and thats as big a drop yoy that I can remember for it.
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Radio Times has picked out its Christmas highlights:
    Miranda
    Mapp and Lucia
    Call the Midwife
    Last Tango in Halifax
    Downton Abbey
    Doctor Who
    Mrs Brown's Boys
    Esio Trot
    Celebrity University Challenge/Celebrity Mastermind
    Professor Branestawm
    Carols from King's
    The Boy in the Dress

It also appears that the Bruce Forsyth special will be shown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May I suggest the BBC dose more like that, as it was nice to have a decent movie for a change. Plus it shows the right Movie can make strong competition.

A film premiere is rare on the terrestrial channels now, however there are other channels you can watch if BBC1 don't be something interesting on.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,697
    Forum Member
    IAC down on the equivalent episode the last two years, but roughly in line with the second Monday episode of 2011. (9.02M against stronger BBC One competition in the shape of Young Apprentice which did 3.5M)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE last year were big eps so thats why they are down so much and it was expected.
    ED seems to be off the boil at present with just 30.8% share and thats as big a drop yoy that I can remember for it.

Whereas EastEnders 30% is strong? :D

So EE got a boost from a big storyline last year before Xmas. Where is this years. If its not careful its going to be heading towards Xmas with weak ratings, therefore weak on Xmas Day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ronant wrote: »
    Miranda
    Mapp and Lucia
    Call the Midwife
    Last Tango in Halifax
    Downton Abbey
    Doctor Who
    Mrs Brown's Boys
    Esio Trot
    Professor Branestawm
    Carols from King's
    The Boy in the Dress

Wonder when Last Tango is going to start?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miranda
    Mapp and Lucia
    Call the Midwife
    Last Tango in Halifax
    Downton Abbey
    Doctor Who
    Mrs Brown's Boys
    Esio Trot
    Professor Branestawm
    Carols from King's
    The Boy in the Dress

Fancy that. BBC shows all but one. I wonder why that is?
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although still bigger than anything else, that rating for IAC is still disappointing

I think this sort of comment sums up why this thread seems to be 99% negative. Whether it is a flop getting 2m or a major series getting 9m, people still aren’t happy. What rating does a show have to get to make people happy?

9m on a weeknight is an excellent rating, how many other shows have rated 9m on a Monday 9pm slot this year?

Once you get over a certain level into the ‘massive rating’ category, way above everything else, the actual figure isn’t really that important

On another note, people still hanging on every word printed in the tabloids I see. “thrown into doubt” generally means nothing. How desperate are people to continue the TXF discussion all week when the show isn’t airing.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Miranda
    Mapp and Lucia
    Call the Midwife
    Last Tango in Halifax
    Downton Abbey
    Doctor Who
    Mrs Brown's Boys
    Esio Trot
    Professor Branestawm
    Carols from King's
    The Boy in the Dress

Somebody has posted a link in the radio times thread with the 2014 BBCpress release. The link has to be slightly edited but it confirms that they will air Avengers Assemble, Puss in Boots, Quartet and Madagascar 3. So they must be keeping Brave until next year.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    Fancy that. BBC shows all but one. I wonder why that is?

Don't ITV usually close the curtains and turn the lights off until the new year ? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forget Jenny's figures from last year. Here's this year's ratings from ITV.

"@Mike_Large: #itv took the top three ratings spots last night - @imacelebrity (9m average , peak 9.7m) and #corrie's two eps (7.7m and 7.6m, peaks 8.4m)"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Somebody has posted a link in the radio times thread with the 2014 BBCpress release. The link has to be slightly edited but it confirms that they will air Avengers Assemble, Puss in Boots, Quartet and Madagascar 3. So they must be keeping Brave until next year.

Yep, here it is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/xmas14
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »

Do you have a link to that thread?
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    EastEnders did not have big episodes before Christmas last year after this week. Think they will be perhaps bigger episodes story wise this year. It was 2012 where Derek and Kat was revealed about four days before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whereas EastEnders 30% is strong? :D

So EE got a boost from a big storyline last year before Xmas. Where is this years. If its not careful its going to be heading towards Xmas with weak ratings, therefore weak on Xmas Day.

You do seem desperate for EE to fail.

All the soaps are weak going into Xmas. 30% share for EE is normal recently not so for ED and ED was down from last week and down yoy more than has been usual for it. Definately the worst performer yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Muppets confirmed for this Christmas. The Christmas Day 3.10pm film I reckon?

On the face of it, a cracking Christmas in store from the BBC.
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    The Muppets confirmed for this Christmas. The Christmas Day 3.10pm film I reckon?

I think you might be right. Seems perfect for that slot. I can see the Christmas idents being Muppet themed if it it's on the big day.

Here's a link to The Guardian reporting the Christmas programming
    http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/nov/25/christmas-tv-bbc-miranda-finale

They mention an animation called "On Angel Wings" which is a reworking of the nativity. Christmas Eve maybe?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I noticed that Still Open All Hours is in there. That'll be Christmas Day I reckon.
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I noticed that Still Open All Hours is in there. That'll be Christmas Day I reckon.

It would be lovely if it was on Christmas Day but I think it'll be on Boxing Day.

It's a bit frustrating as we still don't really know the length(s) of virtually all the programmes.
This discussion has been closed.