Options

Dancing with the Stars: Season 19

Comments

• Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know why Bethany and Janel was given the dances they were for their judges choices :confused: it wasn't their best dances unlike Alfonso and Sadie's

Thought Alfonso's jive was the best follow by Sadie then Janel and Bethany (very unfair doing a jive against Alfonso especially when it's not your best dance)

Loved 3 of the freestyles.

Bethany and Derek's to me was the best
    Sadie and Mark's was the most original but repetitive in places
    Alfonso and Witney was great but some of it I seen before needed to be a bit more unique
    Janel and Val's was safe, predictable and really was all the kissing necessary both in their samba and in their freestyle

Don't think anyone should have left on last week's vote hardly wonder Derek and Bethany was on first.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Youtube finally gone. Sorry but I was not a fan and only got this far due to Derek.

Alfonso to win.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfonso and Janel are better dancers than Sadie, but I still think she could nick it. It's between her and Alfonso.
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Just saw the dances & very happy Derek & his muse were finally eliminated, about time Derek is not in the running & really hope he leaves DWTS now, fed up of him and the biase reserve for him by the producers. I just skip his dances now apart from the score.

It's between Alfonso & Sadie for me but would like Alfonso to win this.

And boy, has he lost a lot of weight...pretty sure he's happy!
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For my 2 faves :
    I would love to see Alfonso or Sadie win; For them to be the final 2 standing would be amazing :kitty:; I immensely enjoyed this season because of these 2 : they had the perfect amount of amazing chemistry, likabilty and dance ability with their respective pros.

Looking forward to seeing Alfonso's career really take off; He deserves it and he is an extremely talented man; I know that he has some job like up at food Network and he will be directing Zendaya's new show

I am also VERY happy for Witney : Mark's Protegee (taught her, took her under his wings , campaigned for her on the show......) :); I know that he is extremely proud of her and to see her really shine and become this huge star; CANT wait to see them on tour :D:D

Sadie what a STAR; This girl has the IT factor and the sky is the limit; I cant explain how her Freestyle number made me so happy (especially after the horrible ordeal that the US Justice system faced last night ...it was lovely to have something that could cheer you up:) ) and is probably one of the most creative dances I have EVER SEEN; Kudos for Mark for that risk and which paid off

And Mark...............I cannot even put into words how Im so proud of him this season; I said a few weeks ago that this was my favorite season of him and saying that IS A LOT especially since I loved him with Shawn and Bristol (season 11 )..Yes this is the Mark I have always loved..........oh and for him to say last night that in 15 seasons, this was his favorite season EVER was just the icing on the top of the cake :kitty:

http://instagram.com/p/v1MxfmtXf8/?modal=true And Alfonso's lovely words http://instagram.com/p/v1cX33GE5v/?modal=true

Arghhhh !!! I can feel the love :); This is what this show hs always been about

NEVER FORGET (I wished we had a heart emoticon here :blush:)

http://instagram.com/p/tB13jYTPM0/?modal=true

Loved dancing with this little one tonight @witneycarson I still remember the first time you came to my class many years ago, you stood out so much and I couldn't take my eyes off you, I remember thinking "this ones gonna do big things one day" and here you are doing them. Words seriously can't express how much love i have for you and how proud I am of you.. It's an honor and a pleasure to dance with you in my arms....

:cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALFONSO AND WITNEY :):)

Well done to them and well done to Mark and Sadie :D

Alfonso and Witney :p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the dances & very happy Derek & his muse were finally eliminated, about time Derek is not in the running & really hope he leaves DWTS now, fed up of him and the biase reserve for him by the producers. I just skip his dances now apart from the score.

It's between Alfonso & Sadie for me but would like Alfonso to win this.

And boy, has he lost a lot of weight...pretty sure he's happy!

Agree completely. However, I found Erin begging Will Smith to come to the finale a bit classless and tacky from ABC. It's Alfonso's moment and they kind of ruined it with that IMO.

I did say Alfonso should win. That's what my head says but my heart is with Sadie.

The FIERCE AND FABULOUS Samba GODDESS Sadie should win this season because of all the contestants I remember her dances the most. I can only remember the batman cha cha of Alfonso's plus the calton performance.

With Sadie I remember the Samba / Cha Cha / Trio Foxtrot / Paso / Freestyle. She just connects more and thats due to Mark's amazing efforts. Not all about "me me me" as a Derek performer but he highlights Sadie. So I will support Sadie to win even though DWTS is clear cut Alfonso will win. Its been that way since week 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also. Is it just me or did everyone else just write Janel off this week. I was completely uninterested and it was like she had already been eliminated. We know she's not going to win so whats the point.

I would have liked to have seen the pretty little liars dance again but more re-modelled as that could have been Janel's break out moment. Instead she got a forgotten Samba nobody cared about.

Val - "I want to win" "It would mean so much to me"

I really gone off Val. At least Derek makes it less clear its all about him and tries to put some shine on his partner.
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always felt like that with Maks and Val, that the win was about them and not their partner. When Meryl won last year I felt it was Maks' win and she was the celeb that got him there. That is how they both Chmerkovski boys talk about winning and it is extremely important to them.

Not saying that is necessarily wrong either because pros are competitive by nature, that's what they have done their entire career - win competitions. The partner is just there to make that happen.

I most enjoy the pros who can gain some enjoyment and learning about themselves through teaching and nurturing a partner who is not a natural mover. Or when they take someone who has talent and bring it out. And they do via reality show because in real life they are only going to dance with another professional.

It is interesting to me and while the dancing may not be great I like that we get a chance to witness the process. Thank you for the rehearsal package or we would never see that. Sometimes the novices improve, sometimes they don't but it is fun to watch that experience. I believe that is why dwts has been so successful.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    I always felt like that with Maks and Val, that the win was about them and not their partner. When Meryl won last year I felt it was Maks' win and she was the celeb that got him there. That is how they both Chmerkovski boys talk about winning and it is extremely important to them.

Not saying that is necessarily wrong either because pros are competitive by nature, that's what they have done their entire career - win competitions. The partner is just there to make that happen.

I most enjoy the pros who can gain some enjoyment and learning about themselves through teaching and nurturing a partner who is not a natural mover. Or when they take someone who has talent and bring it out. And they do via reality show because in real life they are only going to dance with another professional.

It is interesting to me and while the dancing may not be great I like that we get a chance to witness the process. Thank you for the rehearsal package or we would never see that. Sometimes the novices improve, sometimes they don't but it is fun to watch that experience. I believe that is why dwts has been so successful.

Completely agree with this! Even when Val got eliminated, it was all about Maks, not Meryl. As much as she was the best dancer, it felt like Maks' season, not hers. That's where the likes of Derek and, particularly this season, Mark, stand aside. I, personally, don't like Sadie's Samba, I thought it was too much skip not enough bounce, but it was, undoubtedly, a dance that was geared entirely towards Sadie and showing her off! Derek managed to get the best out of his celebs and the likes of Amber's freestyle were entirely about putting the celeb front and centre- exemplified by Bethany's freestyle last night being "her story", and was amazing. Witney, thankfully, falls more into Derek's category than Maks'... Still holding out for an Alfonso victory!
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be quite funny to see the meltdown some people would have if Sadie wins. I know some of her family aren't pleasant but she seems like a sweet girl, not fair to take it out on her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be quite funny to see the meltdown some people would have if Sadie wins. I know some of her family aren't pleasant but she seems like a sweet girl, not fair to take it out on her!

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
  • Options
    fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A disappointing result and night of dancing!

The couples should be allowed to pick any repeated dance. I do not like the producers having such influence...There were some unfair choices on show.

Bethany:
    Decent jive. Unfortunate issue at the start but didn't seem to have the impact Derek was suggesting.

Decent FS. A little underwhelming perhaps, given the expectations. But it was a good dance, one which saw her dancing at her best and one which suited her and her journey.

Alfonso:
    Decent jive. It was NOT as good as week one. The performance level was not there. I suspect he might be in some pain? He wouldn't let it on if so. But that would explain the lack of smiles/razzmatazz.

A mixed FS. The Fresh Prince element felt unnecessary to me. They did not incorporate it into the dance very well. And to be honest, his solo was boring. The rest he danced well but it was nothing we hadn't seen before from him.

Sadie:
    A disappointing first dance. Sync issues but also her early natural, easy style was missing. Felt a little messy.

For me, her FS stank. The "music" was awful to dance to and once you got over the cute set and one or two clever touches, the actual dance was totally forgettable.

Janel:
    Sync issues again. Also a little messy. Probably 10% too difficult for her ability. But still a good effort.

Her FS was both predictable and old. Totally missed the point. But she danced it well. The kiss felt cynical and sickening.

Not sure who I want to win now. I like Sadie a lot. But Mark dosn't deserve to be rewarded for his attitude or choreography this season. So maybe I am team Alfonso.
    Anyone but Val!
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of the re-do dances, I surprised myself by liking Janel's samba most. Perhaps I'm suffering from all the 'creative' overload - where every dance has morphed into a hipperty hopperty version of itself - but I enjoyed seeing a samba that looked like a samba. Still hated that dress though.

Sadie's FS seemed like a fun idea, but forgettable in the dance department.

Enjoyed Bethany's paso-esque number and she executed it well, but feel I've seen that routine in a whole variety of guises before from Del boy. Liked the ending.

Janel's contemporary was nice, but the kissing was yawny and tacky. I liked the way it was staged and presented, but it's already merged into numerous other Dwts contemporaries in my mind.

I loved Alfonso's dance though I could have done without the Carlton bit ruining the flow, but I felt we saw more range and versatility from him than the others. Crumbs! They even spent about 2 seconds in a ballroom hold - I might need a drink and a lie down!

Agree about Val and Maks making things about themselves. Glad Derek won't be winning another. Bethany grew on me a little, but I never saw any great connection between them and she seemed more of a 'competent appendage' to Derek than a person in her own right (that sounds less kind than I really mean :blush:).

Alfonso to win!

....but I don't much care :p
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    YES! So happy about the result!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to Alfonso and Witney on a Fantastic season and to witney for winning her 1st mirrorball trophy :)

Sadie and Mark well done on you 2 for beiing in the final 2 ; So proud of them

Extremely pleased to see Janel and Val Finish 3rd :D:p:cool:; Very happy about that :cool:

Man....I wished Sadie was doing the tour but with her being a minor, it will be complicated

One of the BEST DWTS seasons in a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to all finalists and their pros. This had to be one of the closest. Very happy for Alfonso. Hope great things are to follow for him. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew! Right result of the final 3! Sadie no way deserved to win- she really didn't deserve to outlast Lea, Bethany or Janel in all honesty, so thankful that Alfonso did so well! :) Makes up for the disappointment of "team Maks and Maks and more Maks!" winning last year! XD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxxxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad for Bethany and Janel. They were great. In terms of dancing, Sadie was the weakest. I'm happy for Alfonso. Witney is a star.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://instagram.com/p/v3Zh_JNXVa/?modal=true

:D

Alfonso will be doing the Tour; ALL the dates.

Awww look at Alfonso's baby so cute https://twitter.com/DWTStars/status/537575374419673088/photo/1 Last night he looked so confused to see his dad crying :D and all the confettis around :D; Adorable.

My 2 favorites were the last 2 standings and that's all I can ask for :) ; SO glad that Sadie edged out Janel :cool:; I knew that calling her last for a couple of weeks was BS and that it meant that she was killing it in the votes (with Alfonso); They waited the finals to actually say who the REAL bottom 2 were : Janel and Bethany; With all the pimping of the scores, Janel wouldnt have made it this far like some people thought.

Congratulations Once again to Witney and I hope that Lindsey gets another shot as a pro; I feel a bit bad for her :blush:.

I will REALLY miss Cheryl :( since she is adamant on this being her last season (I hope she returns at least next season for a pro dance on the 10th anniversary)

Derek said he will be there so they should spare us with the rumours of will he or wont he for the next couple of weeks. Mark will be there.

Like I said a few weeks ago, I will be looking closely at the Emmys Nomimnations early next year, I will RIOT and I mean RIOT if Mark is NOT nominated for a few Emmys >:(>:( !!!
    -VW Up dance
    -Eve & Adam Contemporary
    -Mario Bros Freestyle
    -Zompie Paso
    -Duck Dynasty Samba

He outdid himself this season;
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GMA AFTERPARTY with ALL the finalists :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us1svX9ru5c

LOL at Sadie dancing Barefoot; true country girl :p

Oh dear what a disaster :o:o Witney's mike came off and ruined that jive at the end :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LMAO the Bethany and Derek " shippers " (a shipper is someone who wants 2 people together : it can be fictional or real people as in this case people who want Derek & Bethany to be romantically involved lol ) are a riot :D:D:blush:

http://instagram.com/p/v3c_V1tok1/?modal=true

Final picture?!? That sounds awful Derek, like you never plan to see @bethanynoelm again. WTF you just broke every heart in America. You are crazy to walk away from her so easily. Everyone can see that you are in love with each other and just won't admit it. You're going to regret giving her up. Talk some sense into them @juleshough @mommamota please!

Poor kids :blush::blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last thing Im going to add :blush::blush:

As the seasons went by, Im liking Val even less; The fabricated showmance was a HUGE turn off for a lot of people and contributed to them finishing 3rd (below Sadie) ; not to mention that he was trying to recreate Maks &Meryl showdance..... Epic FAIL; Hard to think that I was rooting so much for him in season 16 with Zendaya; He showed his true colours over the past few seasons are they are not pretty; The look on his face when he and Janel came 3rd was priceless ; as if he couldn't believe it. His reaction to Alfonso after he won.....enough said

As if he couldnt make himself look even worse , his fam (Maks, dancewithmestudio Alex, Teddy..........had to tweet some pretty poor-showmanship tweets Last night AFTER Alfonso & Witney won; TACKY; They DELETED it though...even some of their fans were complaining about it and then Maks tweeted later after deleting that he was just joking ( yeah right ) .
    Its not the first time that they do this though, They did the same thing after he and Zendaya lost; As much as I was supporting Zendaya that season, I found that whole charade embarrassing (as a fan of them AT the time ) , unnecessary and tacky.

You and your camp was not complaining last season when you had a ringer in Meryl. And the endless tweets this week about : lets bring it to the fam, do it for Val, lets have Maks have another brother trophy and acting as Janel was a second thought and just a means to their end was just Tacky; I dont even like Janel but geez acknowledge the girl at least.

He is a very good dancer and choreographer but he should 1-try to be less desperate to win (by showing it) 2- and most importantly understand how this show works; I still dont think that he gets it because if he did, he and Janel could have possibly beaten Alfonso or even finish 2nd. He should take some lessons from Derek & Mark, js.
    No one understand more about this show like these 2; Derek KNEW before he and Bethany even danced Monday that he and Bethany were going to finish 4th; He knew it and saw it coming.

Loved when Sadie said in her speech that Alfonso deserved to win because he really did. I hope he can convince her and her parents to do a few tours dates like he promised :).
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worthy winners so happy that Witney and Alfonso won. loved the fusions which are a great idea although didn't like that Sadie had the samba again we ended up with a samba, some of their moves from their samba in their freestyle and then a samba fusion which to me = samba overload.

Janel's fusion shows how good a dancer she has become which was lost due to the showmance I agree Val tried to go the Meryl and Maks route and it didn't work he was better last season with Danica especially his choreography.