Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen an advert on ITV with a bunch of toys "singing" Foreigner's 'I Want To Know What Love Is'.

It was advertising Freeview.

Where's the link between singing toys and Freeview?

And why do Freeview need to advertise anyway given that all TV sets now have it as standard?
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    I've just seen an advert on ITV with a bunch of toys "singing" Foreigner's 'I Want To Know What Love Is'.

It was advertising Freeview.

Where's the link between singing toys and Freeview?

And why do Freeview need to advertise anyway given that all TV sets now have it as standard?

I don't mind the Freeview ads actually, they are weird but harmless. The point of them is saying the best entertainment is free, or something along those lines. And in the ads someone is getting this free entertainment of watching the toys singing, or in the previous ad, seeing the cat and bird sing.

The point of the freeview ads is to try and tempt people away from pay tv (sky, virgin) by saying there is plenty to enjoy on freeview, but yes you are right that most tvs have it built in, so even if people have sky, they will still likely have a freeview tv.
  • Options
    greygrey Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    These adverts for gambling all your money away really get to me.
    Gambling can be a serious addiction and the ads should be banned
    Just seen one guaranteeing one million pounds .. Hippodrome I thing were advertising it
    They don't say who and how many punters have won a million
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Famous Grouse used to make witty ads. No more.
    They're trying to broaden their customer base and appeal to people who have no idea at all that a grouse, famous or not, is a bird. :D I miss the grouse, too. I suppose I'm grousing about it...
  • Options
    catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    The Unilever ad with the over acting self-righteous kids.
  • Options
    edwardioedwardio Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been mentioned before but the ad for Famous Grouse with a bunch of mates taking the mick out of a guy's beard is really annoying. It seems like it's shown at the start and end of every ad break lately

I know a few people who actually think that's them in the advert, all cosy and friendly, yet they would never drink Famous Grouse.
  • Options
    edwardioedwardio Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    catboy71 wrote: »

Haha so irritating
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught the JD sports one. Whut?
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand that advert where various ITV celebs all pretend they're having a jolly Christmas with each other, all full of fake surprise, hilarity and over-acting. I'm not even sure what it is advertising; is it Cadbury or is it ITV? I've no idea :D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    I can't stand that advert where various ITV celebs all pretend they're having a jolly Christmas with each other, all full of fake surprise, hilarity and over-acting. I'm not even sure what it is advertising; is it Cadbury or is it ITV? I've no idea :D

It's Cadbury.

The acting is bad because they have to pretend that Paddy McGuinness is funny. No one's that good an actor.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Littlewoods. It's the combination of Myleen Klaas's (to me at least) really odd face with her obvious belief that she's the most alluring creature of the century. Squirm-worthy.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

I've had the misfortune to be assaulted by that ad lately. Hate it >:(
    "We need to turn our feelings into action" :confused: I could have written that, and I'm sure we are all aware that there is an unequal distribution of food and wealth in the world. However well intentioned the ad may be, it's a horrendous insult comparing these patronising idiots with truly great orators like Luther King and Ghandi.
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god just seen the jd Williams xmas ad erghhhhhh.....
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "If you can fix a skateboard, you can fix a bike. If you can fix a bike you can fix a car. If you can fix a car you can fix a helicopter. If you can fix a..."

SHUT UP! JUST... SHUT... UP!! >:(

Why are Royal Navy adverts so incredibly irritating?
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just cant recall any ad, never have been able to .. somehow my mind deletes them immediately ..
  • Options
    adamcorkiadamcorki Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Three words-

Breaking bad, done.

The way he says it like we should all bow down and respect such an achievement. These guys are so empty.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Discover sex toys at lovehoney.co.uk. No thanks.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

`The enemy is hunger... Not the hungry` girl is the worst one.
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still sick of these charity tear jerkers. How much of your monthly donation goes anywhere near the poor old snow donkey or whatever it's for?

These ads should be stopped.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either the dreadful Hive or that awful John Lewis ad
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnan wrote: »
    Still sick of these charity tear jerkers. How much of your monthly donation goes anywhere near the poor old snow donkey or whatever it's for?

These ads should be stopped.

It is a Snow Leopard - Why dont you just stop watching them?? That is why remote controls were invented - you arent meant to gaze at adverts all day and night.....Everyone finds adverts annoying, you watch them once maybe - why not flip to BBC News during ad breaks?
  • Options
    KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if already mentioned but one I caught today was something where you can hear a child's voice saying "I'm a star(something similar). Might be just me, but i found it really eerie. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Teddy is very not well."

I feel like punching something every time I hear those words. Also agreed with Breaking Bad, Done. >:(
  • Options
    Bamber BoozlerBamber Boozler Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    That advert for Beagle Street life insurance really scares away my inner eight-year-old. :o
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »

I like to remember that they had to pretend it was Christmas when they really filmed it on a hot August day.
This discussion has been closed.