Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Very unprofessional of Dr Death to slag off fellow broadcasters. He often mentions a breakfast presenter who gets 'nothing like' his listening figures and he then belittles him, although he isn't courageous enough to name him.

I reckon it's either The Max (who he has always been deadly jealous of), Iain Lee or James Whale - all ex-LBC colleagues of his.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Dr Death on about an accident where a man got decapitated, his head being found inside a helmet in a field.

He needs help.

Edit - plus stories about how his friend's dad died. Plus the couple who died together in hospital. Plus the death of P.D. James. Plus gory details of cricketer Phil Hughes.

He does like to masquerade as the Grim Reaper of the airwaves. Just reading - luckily I didn't hear - what Steve had to say makes me feel ill, silly old f@rt.
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr Death on about an accident where a man got decapitated, his head being found inside a helmet in a field.

He needs help.

Edit - plus stories about how his friend's dad died. Plus the couple who died together in hospital. Plus the death of P.D. James. Plus gory details of cricketer Phil Hughes.

Looking forward to the podcast even more now, cheers.
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Got no idea what 'Black Friday' is and couldn't care less. Sounds like some huge banking disaster to me.

It's the US equivalent of the Boxing Day sales, coming just after Thanksgiving for them.

Another pointless US import that has no significance over here...
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    It's the US equivalent of the Boxing Day sales, coming just after Thanksgiving for them.

Another pointless US import that has no significance over here...

I've given in to the lure of it! :blush: 2 pairs of wincy PJs at 30% off. Oh the glamour! Luckily I'm all right for fluffy bed socks. :D

(I did need new PJs so it isn't pure extravagance!)

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've given in to the lure of it! :blush: 2 pairs of wincy PJs at 30% off. Oh the glamour! Luckily I'm all right for fluffy bed socks. :D

(I did need new PJs so it isn't pure extravagance!)

Morning all. :)

I heard that you only wore Chanel no.5 to bed ;-)
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He needs help.

His fascination with death/dying is abnormal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »

Perhaps he's 'looking death in the eye'. In his state of health, it must be a preoccupation. Talking about it may be his way of sticking two fingers up at it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're thinking of Ms. Monroe, who lived in a darn sight warmer climate than ours! ;-)
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He needs help.

Not on nights this week so not listening to SA thank goodness, but sounds like the man needs counselling!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're thinking of Ms. Monroe,

The resemblance is striking :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not listed but I think I heard Simon Danczuk say earlier in the week that he's in for Ken tomorrow.
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not listed but I think I heard Simon Danczuk say earlier in the week that he's in for Ken tomorrow.

oh dear a wannabe ukip-er and a wife who wants to be in playboy ..
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're getting g-s and me mixed up, Martin. ;-)
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James O'Brien: hello

Caller: hello I want to tell you what many people feel about immigrants coming over here to this country.

James: do you share the feelings you are about to relay

Caller: er well no not really not sure really

James: hmm ok. So what do many people feel then?

Caller: British values and culture are being undermined by all these immigrant foreigners

James: ok how?

Caller: er don't know not exactly sure how or why.

James er ok so what British values would you like to see more on display here ?

Caller: don't know really. Can't really think of one right now.

James: well what foreign things would you like to see less of then?

Caller: er not sure can't tell really. Don't know the answer to that one.

James: so, with respect, what are you calling about?

Caller: er well hmm not sure
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always like to give credit where credit is due and Julia HB seems to come in for quite a lot of stick on here, so I just wanted to say that she is asking a good question this hour about why Brits are not being equipped (or why they are not taking the steps to equip themselves) with the skills that are needed to do the jobs that need to be done.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

may be he is projecting where he thinks his career has gone subconsciously ? i mean this man knew tony blackburn, the house party set up, dale winton... he fronted a c5 evening show for heavens sake... he was right there.. where now the tv is stacked with reality rubbish that he watches when they are heavily repeated years later on latemorning / brain dead daytime slots.. oh (graveyard slot) radio killed the tv star.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i had a heavy celebration event last night so, head spinning too much to sleep heard a lot of the brilliantly funny (its early, they might not be so funny when not sleepy) two mikes on TS (sorry LBC can't stand SA) and then a little SA waiting for the non sport news/weather lbc does before listening to the last part of Paul Temple - anyway... did i hear SA say he would like to wear a nappy and just go in it while doing his radio show? I have to stop party nights if that was not true......
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I have heard this week on LBC is EVERY presenter whining about Black Friday sale's and how un British it is and then asking where it comes from etc don't they research their shows before hand ? Julia HB comes across as slightly patronising in her take on it
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a heavy celebration event last night so, head spinning too much to sleep heard a lot of the brilliantly funny (its early, they might not be so funny when not sleepy) two mikes on TS (sorry LBC can't stand SA) and then a little SA waiting for the non sport news/weather lbc does before listening to the last part of Paul Temple - anyway... did i hear SA say he would like to wear a nappy and just go in it while doing his radio show? I have to stop party nights if that was not true......

Dear God I hope not, if you did he's even weirder than I thought. :o:o:o:o
  • Options
    sandstonesandstone Posts: 1,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Podcast length reduced down to 2 Hours, the adverts and fluff is increasing once again on LBC.
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tahiti wrote: »
    James O'Brien: hello

Caller: hello I want to tell you what many people feel about immigrants coming over here to this country.

James: do you share the feelings you are about to relay

Caller: er well no not really not sure really

James: hmm ok. So what do many people feel then?

Caller: British values and culture are being undermined by all these immigrant foreigners

James: ok how?

Caller: er don't know not exactly sure how or why.

James er ok so what British values would you like to see more on display here ?

Caller: don't know really. Can't really think of one right now.

James: well what foreign things would you like to see less of then?

Caller: er not sure can't tell really. Don't know the answer to that one.

James: so, with respect, what are you calling about?

Caller: er well hmm not sure

Ah! That will be the moment I heard my wife shouting, fewer mosques Gobber, fewer mosques.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Dear God I hope not, if you did he's even weirder than I thought. :o:o:o:o

YES, HE DID!!!

He said that it would be great to sit there wearing a nappy and just let it all go, or words to that effect.

I would have mentioned it earlier, but it's such an extraordinary thought, that I honestly thought I had imagined it at first, and needed someone else to confirm.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Andy McColl after a long time at LBC has departured which is sad - will Chris Golds take over? Amy Solomon seems far between now and heard on vibe, plus,J Louise Knight seemed to have gone also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're getting g-s and me mixed up, Martin. ;-)

Sorry ;-) So what do you wear to bed? :D
This discussion has been closed.