Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    As Andy McColl after a long time at LBC has departured which is sad - will Chris Golds take over? Amy Solomon seems far between now and heard on vibe, plus,J Louise Knight seemed to have gone also.

They seem to have a man doing the travel and a woman doing the news (or vice versa ) at Breakfast.

I will miss Andy McColl - I remember him mainly from reading the travel news in the evening, when he used to join Clive Bull and Bob for their 'taste tests'.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Sorry ;-) So what do you wear to bed? :D

Salacious old git!?! :D;-) You're bringing this thread down to an all-time low. :kitty:
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Salacious old git!?! :D;-) You're bringing this thread down to an all-time low. :kitty:

Good innit :D:D:p
  • Options
    coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember Stephen Fry and Richard Dallyn hosting the Breakfast show in the 90s?

I came across this on YouTube.
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good innit :D:D:p

Or possibly a wee bit creepy ::D:D;-);-):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    YES, HE DID!!!

He said that it would be great to sit there wearing a nappy and just let it all go, or words to that effect.

I would have mentioned it earlier, but it's such an extraordinary thought, that I honestly thought I had imagined it at first, and needed someone else to confirm.

Whaaaat. In that case the idea of Brinsworth is history! Someone needs to call a Funny Farm for radio presenters who broadcast freely below the belt, nappy suggestions. Whatever happened to Steve's control button??!! :o:o:o
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Andy McCall is a very nice man but I couldn't understand half of what he was on about.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES, HE DID!!!

He said that it would be great to sit there wearing a nappy and just let it all go, or words to that effect.

I would have mentioned it earlier, but it's such an extraordinary thought, that I honestly thought I had imagined it at first, and needed someone else to confirm.

i am so glad it wasnt just me that thought "what the hell is he saying" :o
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My take on the recent Mellor incident. I think it is always of interest to learn of the true characters of such media personalities as opposed to their public personae, although Mellor's performance did not come as much of a surprise as did Dale's Brighton effort. Apart from their political affiliation, I feel the pertinent common factor of their behaviour is one of (a Mitchell-like) arrogance.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whaaaat. In that case the idea of Brinsworth is history! Someone needs to call a Funny Farm for radio presenters who broadcast freely below the belt, nappy suggestions. Whatever happened to Steve's control button??!! :o:o:o

would bring a whole new meaning to "i have one here...."
  • Options
    goballoongoballoon Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    i am so glad it wasnt just me that thought "what the hell is he saying" :o

Was really glad I didn't have to rely on him for traffic info......couldn't understand a word.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry ;-) So what do you wear to bed? :D

:D. A big smile. :D
  • Options
    Mel O'DramaMel O'Drama Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    :D. A big smile. :D

Great answer.
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Barkes seemed to be hyping up the "Christianity against gay people" thing last night. How tedious of him. What struck me was his quoting of 1 Corinthians as allegedly referring to "homosexual perverts" for in language terms it sounded suspect, ie the word "perverts" has a very modern sound to it as in something one might expect to read in The Sun. Anyhow, it turned out from a quick piece of research that the phrase is used in the so-called Good News Bible. That, it transpires, was only written halfway through the 20th Century by a bunch of Americans. And consequently, it is about as authentic as the new overtly capitalist form of Halloween and the dismal Black Friday.

So I then looked at the Bible my old Nan used to try to read - she was virtually illiterate but still had more wisdom than most who are in politics and the media - and sure enough not only was there no mention of "perverts" in that bit of it but nor was there any mention of homosexuals. Instead, it refers in a critical way to "the effeminate" which is a phrase that could apply to many. I happen to think that those who alter language in books to suit their own agendas and create conflict could be described as effeminate. It is, after all, weedy and hence passive aggressive.

On further scrutiny, Nan's Bible is the King James Version which was completed in 1611 but these days the truth in history is not permitted to interfere with modernists of all types who want to create issues out of nothing. Much of the purported conflict resides in their own heads. Maybe Barkes could take note. Cristo may wish to do likewise.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, don't know why Nick A is slagging off Twitter so aggressively - he has an account there himself and uses it, usually to promote an article he's done or his LBC show.
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, don't know why Nick A is slagging off Twitter so aggressively - he has an account there himself and uses it, usually to promote an article he's done or his LBC show.
    He is right though. It is an establishment conspiracy to reduce communication between normal people in any meaningful sense. I will have nothing whatsoever to do with it - or Facebook - whatever the zeitgeist may be.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fell asleep on the sofa to the sound of NA droning on about UKIP, immigration and the EU.
    I woke up to him going on about UKIP, immigration and the EU.
    I took the dog out and when I came back he was still going on....

He said at one of these points that for some reason listeners reacted ferociously if he just said one little negative thing about UKIP. No it's not that Nick - it's that you devote whole programmes to the theme or just keep going back to it repeatedly like a dog nibbling at a flea.
    As for the silly way he says EU, I think that joke has worn itself out :confused:
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NA spot on about ukip-ers .

JoB shopping a tkmaxx .. is a privilege of the wealthy .. almost a necessity for the poor though. guilt because its money for nothing.
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    fewer mosques Gobber, fewer mosques.

Actually muslims first arrived in the country in the 18th century, the first mosque in the country was set up in 1889 (when Marks and Spencer was founded) and the first one in London in 1924, so they are a well- established part of British life. Islam being the second biggest religion in the country it is surprising there are not many more.

☆ Talking of Marks and Spencer, Mr Marks was an Eastern European immigrant refugee who spoke no English.
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »
    NA spot on about ukip-ers

UKIP sympathisers calling LBC sound inarticulate to the point of embarrassment.

It is puzzling given the UKIP love-ins afforded by LBC at every turn.
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know if Mellors will actually turn up for duty this morning or is he keeping his head down for a while? He's still in the schedule, not that that means anything...
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tahiti wrote: »
    UKIP sympathisers calling LBC sound inarticulate to the point of embarrassment.

It is puzzling given the UKIP love-ins afforded by LBC at every turn.

I do not recall James O'Berien as ever hosting a UKIP love in at every turn,in fact every programme he does with them in it is very hostile. To the point of him deliberately mis pronouncing Nigel Farages's name.!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Turned on my car radio yesterday to hear this conversation between J O'B and a caller. The caller who transpired to be UKIP-friendly said, "Look at the shops," James answered "Which (ethnic) shops would you like to see less of." (Caller knew he was being set-up, trapped, to be accused poss: of being racist didn't answer.) James, "Let's put it another way round what good old-fashioned traditional British shops would you like to see more of," caller caught on the hop was stumped for an answer. This man was quickly cut off with J O'B saying, "He doesn't know."
    James's tactics of debunking other opinions to his are unrestrained, if not diabolical on politics. Doesn't make for good listening...hmmm nothing changes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    Do we know if Mellors will actually turn up for duty this morning or is he keeping his head down for a while? He's still in the schedule, not that that means anything...

Having read the full transcript of what Mellor said to the cabbie, I hope he stays under the duvet.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    Having read the full transcript of what Mellor said to the cabbie, I hope he stays under the duvet.

I don't think Mellor was in the queue when the fairy godmothers were handing out shame and embarrassment. And as a 'new boy', I doubt if Danczuk will tease him about Cabbiegate in the way that Ken would have done.

Morning all. :)
This discussion has been closed.