Options

Shia La Beouf -"A Woman Raped Me"

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/27/shia-labeouf-a-woman-raped-me-4965627/

Just a bizarre story and from the comments it's not winning him any new fans.

Comments

• Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Unbelievable amount of victim blaming (on twitter and everywhere else online). What the woman did was absolutely wrong, and shame on anyone trying to ridicule or blame him in any way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    ^^ Yes very much agree. This guy seriously needs help, feel sorry for him.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to say it, but considering his behaviour over the past year, I'd probably want more than just his word to actually believe this happened.
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/27/shia-labeouf-a-woman-raped-me-4965627/

Just a bizarre story and from the comments it's not winning him any new fans.

it's not only men rape, women can do it too.and it's just as wrong as when a man does it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hate to say it, but considering his behaviour over the past year, I'd probably want more than just his word to actually believe this happened.

I read about someone else doing similar experiment years prior, and the things people were going to her were terrible. One man actually started to take her clothes of, and sexually assault her, when the security stopped him. For some reason some celebrities bring the worst out of people, and when given a 'free hand' to do what ever they want to the celeb, these people lose all sense of right and wrong. It seems like in this situation the security was seriously lacking. I actually have no trouble believing this is true.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see there's an idiotic comment from Keith Martin in the comments. I despair at some people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read about someone else doing similar experiment years prior, and the things people were going to her were terrible. One man actually started to take her clothes of, and sexually assault her, when the security stopped him. For some reason some celebrities bring the worst out of people, and when given a 'free hand' to do what ever they want to the celeb, these people lose all sense of right and wrong. It seems like in this situation the security was seriously lacking. I actually have no trouble believing this is true.

I'm certainly not discounting the possibility it might have happened or even implying that male rape doesn't happen because it obviously does, but, as i said, considering the year he's had and also the fact that many are referring to him as a "performance artist" now, instead of an actor, I'd still want something slightly more tangible than his word.

The fact that he appears to have remained "in character" when his girlfriend entered also makes me suspicious.
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have to agree.

Victim blaming is disgusting but this is one of the rare times I find myself unable to automatically support the supposed victim. It's not nice, but when it comes to some people you are wise to err on the side of caution at first.
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This bit is interesting
    he made no mention as to whether he attempted to stop the alleged attack or reported it to police.

What does that mean? Did he not try to stop her?
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at me! Look at me! I'm desperate for attention.........of any kind :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for him. I think he's very troubled and he's obviously got a lot of issues.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was clearly asking for it, wearing a paper bag like that in the past etc.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://youtu.be/qORouZ-qOgg

Very worrying, the whole business.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #IAMSORRY saw fans invited to queue up before selecting from a number of implements with which to do whatever they liked to the actor.

LaBeouf claimed one woman "whipped… and then stripped my clothing and proceeded to rape me".

The woman then reportedly walked out straight past the actor's girlfriend, who was also in the line.

He added: "It really hurt [my girlfriend] as well. When she came in she asked for an explanation, and I couldn't speak, so we both sat with this unexplained trauma silently. It was painful."

I appreciate that this appears on the face of it to seem like some sort of partial sado-masochistic performance art...But are we saying this happened in public view in some queue in front of his girlfriend and nobody does anything and he does nothing whilst he's being raped?

Just... is anyone else confused by this? Was it genuine? Was it setup for attention and to make a social point that rape happens to men too?

I think we need to know more. There are gaps in this story that don't make any sense at this moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that this mystery woman is supposed to have left the room with dishevelled hair and smudged makeup is also somewhat of a giveaway as it's an incredibly cliched image of someone who has just had "illicit" sex.

I'm honestly expecting him to come out with some convoluted explanation that he wanted to "explore the boundaries" of something or other when the simple explanation is that he cheated on his girlfriend and made this up to try and cover it up.
  • Options
    Malcolm_ReedMalcolm_Reed Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's not only men rape, women can do it too.and it's just as wrong as when a man does it.

some men may like it if a smart lady tries it on with them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm certainly not discounting the possibility it might have happened or even implying that male rape doesn't happen because it obviously does, but, as i said, considering the year he's had and also the fact that many are referring to him as a "performance artist" now, instead of an actor, I'd still want something slightly more tangible than his word.

The fact that he appears to have remained "in character" when his girlfriend entered also makes me suspicious.

Either way it's really sad. If this is true and he was raped, it's just horrible. And if he made it up, it's sad how lost he is thinking that claiming rape is the way to get attention. He is a very troubled man, and needs professional help.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Either way it's really sad. If this is true and he was raped, it's just horrible. And if he made it up, it's sad how lost he is thinking that claiming rape is the way to get attention. He is a very troubled man, and needs professional help.

If he was indeed raped, that i reserve the right to take his story with a pinch of salt. He's doing a disservice to male rape victims by being so flippant. What he said happened is very serious.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    The fact that this mystery woman is supposed to have left the room with dishevelled hair and smudged makeup is also somewhat of a giveaway as it's an incredibly cliched image of someone who has just had "illicit" sex.

Dont forget that the boyfriend was also waiting in line. And according to Shia he was not very happy. Well i wouldn't be if my girlfriend was a rapist, but i guess he was referring to the "illicit sex", though.
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for him. I think he's very troubled and he's obviously got a lot of issues.

Me too.

Whether this incident proves to be true or not, he seems like he's in a bad place and has been for a while. I hope he gets some sort of help for whatever's going on with him.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stigma is what kept me quiet for 20-30 years re my abuse.
    It was 2004 before a counsellor told me what happened to me was rape.

"Men are always up for it" is a nasty myth...
    Mix it in with the Feminist Pussypass...

Just thought I'd leave that there.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    The stigma is what kept me quiet for 20-30 years re my abuse.
    It was 2004 before a counsellor told me what happened to me was rape.

"Men are always up for it" is a nasty myth...
    Mix it in with the Feminist Pussypass...

Just thought I'd leave that there.

Am sorry you had to carry this for so long. :(
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    A disturbing and disturbed person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I think he's lying. He has been doing erratic things for attention this year and last. If it's true then I feel sorry for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without wishing to be too detailed, has it been made clear as to what sort of rape he is claiming? Was he an 'unwilling' penetrator, or in fact the penetratee?