Options

What's up with Halle Berry? Accusations of 'racism' thrown at her daughter's father.

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should he need permission? He's her parent too

Without asking his daughter. I could have made it clearer. The 'her' bit meant his daughter.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was really hurt by the ending of their relationship and she's out to destroy him. The kid's hair can be changed back. But more importantly, should be embraced in all forms.

Also the kid is more 'White' than 'Black'. So, what argument Halle is trying to make, is partly nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sionnaigh wrote: »

I don't understand why he bleached his daughter's hair for as well.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 24,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone see the Chris Rock documentary Good Hair which explored this topic in depth?

The race card is clearly nonsense, just two ex-partners who had a bitter break up and will use anything (including their daughter) to hurt the other.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,361
    Forum Member
    She brings everything on herself.
  • Options
    wuzzlemaniawuzzlemania Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Our family ranges from dark to fair skin, our lighter relatives have brown hair which turns blonde during summer, so it is very possible that if they were very active outdoors during her visit her hair could lighten naturally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obama is mixed race raised by his white mother &marernal grandparents but is referred to as the first BLACK president in America. Here we are far too advanced in terms of recognising difference but in America any drop of black in you and you're black that's how the society views you and Halle has first hand experience of that so is preparing her daughter for the reality.

Halle' a on white mother whom she is very close to instilled that in her as a child, to protect her daughter from an identity crisis a child would if they were to be called something they didn't believe they were. The reality is even though Nahla is 75% white the 25% black in her means inAmerica she will be referred to as black whether Halle prepares her for it or not that's the reality.
    As for Aubry being punched by Martinez it was reported he was the one who started being violent but came off worse because Martinez is an ex boxer hence why Martinez was never charged.
    This article suggests Halle has every right to take Aubry to court, not only has he called her an N word he's using chemicals on a 6 year old's hair if he wanted a white kid he should have got together with a white woman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2847893/Halle-Berry-s-ex-Gabriel-Aubry-totally-unacceptable-racial-slurs-against-Hollywood-star-explosive-court-papers-reveal-accuses-causing-daughter-psychological-damage-dyeing-hair-blonde.html#comments-2847893
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urm did everyone forget that Aubrey is notoriously unstable as an individual, it's not the first time Aubrey has been called a racist or used racist words against Halle, the judge obviously has evidence or he wouldn't have scolded Aubrey the way he did and would have dismissed it. People like to saint Aubrey bc they see Halle as evil.

Aubrey hit nahla's nanny remember? and they went through a long period of aubrey not taking nahla to nursery class when she was in his custody, and not telling anyone he would not be taking her. Leaving CPS and Halle to worry about her whereabouts because he would not answer phone calls etc. There's a reason why he still has supervised visits and is still not allowed nahla overnight.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urm did everyone forget that Aubrey is notoriously unstable as an individual, it's not the first time Aubrey has been called a racist or used racist words against Halle, the judge obviously has evidence or he wouldn't have scolded Aubrey the way he did and would have dismissed it. People like to saint Aubrey bc they see Halle as evil.

Aubrey hit nahla's nanny remember? and they went through a long period of aubrey not taking nahla to nursery class when she was in his custody, and not telling anyone he would not be taking her. Leaving CPS and Halle to worry about her whereabouts because he would not answer phone calls etc. There's a reason why he still has supervised visits and is still not allowed nahla overnight.

If he doesn't have overnight contact why does he need 15k per month from Halle? He's using Nahla as his meal ticket. I get that people dislike Halle but he sounds a piece of work.

My mother was white but I define myself as black. I'm very proud of my English and Scottish heritage too but I am black, mixed race.
    It's no one else's business to decide how Halle defines herself. Mariah Carey also defines herself as black.
    I very much doubt Thandie Newton, Sophie Okenedo or Sade would be persecuted on here if they define themselves as black.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he doesn't have overnight contact why does he need 15k per month from Halle? He's using Nahla as his meal ticket. I get that people dislike Halle but he sounds a piece of work.

My mother was white but I define myself as black. I'm very proud of my English and Scottish heritage too but I am black, mixed race.
    It's no one else's business to decide how Halle defines herself. Mariah Carey also defines herself as black.
    I very much doubt Thandie Newton, Sophie Okenedo or Sade would be persecuted on here if they define themselves as black.

I don't think anyone is persecuting her. Someone merely stated that she's half white, which she technically is.

I just hope that everything is sorted for the sake of Nahla. It's not nice being between two parents who seem to be at war with each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yea in court docs she's trying to get this reduced to only paying for nahla bc right now she pays everything for aubrey, car insurance, house, medical insurance, clothes, furniture, living expenses, etc. And he's claiming he can't find a job so he needs her to pay for everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trendyme wrote: »
    Obama is mixed race raised by his white mother &marernal grandparents but is referred to as the first BLACK president in America. Here we are far too advanced in terms of recognising difference but in America any drop of black in you and you're black that's how the society views you and Halle has first hand experience of that so is preparing her daughter for the reality.

Halle' a on white mother whom she is very close to instilled that in her as a child, to protect her daughter from an identity crisis a child would if they were to be called something they didn't believe they were. The reality is even though Nahla is 75% white the 25% black in her means inAmerica she will be referred to as black whether Halle prepares her for it or not that's the reality.
    As for Aubry being punched by Martinez it was reported he was the one who started being violent but came off worse because Martinez is an ex boxer hence why Martinez was never charged.
    This article suggests Halle has every right to take Aubry to court, not only has he called her an N word he's using chemicals on a 6 year old's hair if he wanted a white kid he should have got together with a white woman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2847893/Halle-Berry-s-ex-Gabriel-Aubry-totally-unacceptable-racial-slurs-against-Hollywood-star-explosive-court-papers-reveal-accuses-causing-daughter-psychological-damage-dyeing-hair-blonde.html#comments-2847893

No one bats an eye about Aubrey calling the mother of his child a N****** Halle gets all the flack for daring to define herself as Black. The thread title says it all really, everyone should be making more of a deal about Aubrey racially abusing his ex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one bats an eye about Aubrey calling the mother of his child a N****** Halle gets all the flack for daring to define herself as Black. The thread title says it all really, everyone should be making more of a deal about Aubrey racially abusing his ex.

If he did, he calls her that and yet he's happy to have a child by a woman who's obviously mixed-race? Strange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea in court docs she's trying to get this reduced to only paying for nahla bc right now she pays everything for aubrey, car insurance, house, medical insurance, clothes, furniture, living expenses, etc. And he's claiming he can't find a job so he needs her to pay for everything.

What a leech! No wonder he was so keen for Halle to remain in the U.S as it's clear she's bankrolling his lifestyle. It's not like childcare is an issue so why doesn't he get a job?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    If he did, he calls her that and yet he's happy to have a child by a woman who's obviously mixed-race? Strange.

It is strange but I think it's a case of a man like him who's on a low profile... getting with a woman on a higher profile, and vice versa, he knows a meal ticket, he's found one, he refuses to get a job just so Halle can bank roll his lifestyle. Gold diggers/social climbers get with whoever even if they don't like that race, person etc, they have no morals, they just see a money line (see V Stivano and Donald Sterling).

It's one of the reasons she broke up with him initally, there were reports of him throwing around the word and other racist words in fights by people who worked for them. All I see is Halle getting slated for a lot of the time, which is unfortunate as she is really a victim and in a cycle, who can't see that she choses the same men continously being a woman who comes from an abusive background and picking men who unfortunately are in some way. It's a hard cycle to break.

This one court documented incident is not the first time. The judge had a go at Aubrey for being racist towards Halle saying if Nahla heard those words as she is part of Nahla it would make her question her own identity and relationship with her father, if she ever heard him say that. Basically calling him to stop being racist to Halle in retaliation all the time.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    She's bat sh*t crazy, that's what's up with her

Pierce Brosnan would agree.😉
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a leech! No wonder he was so keen for Halle to remain in the U.S as it's clear she's bankrolling his lifestyle. It's not like childcare is an issue so why doesn't he get a job?

To be fair, I think his work was put on hold after his fracas with Martinez. As a model, he has to obviously be in prime physical condition, not cut and bruised etc.

That said, he could make money in other ways.

I think it's six of one, half a dozen of the other with these 2 tbh - both fairly volatile and unstable characters. Their poor daughter caught in the middle.:(
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halle is American and over there the 'one drop' rule applies and is very much based on your appearance. She has always chosen to identify as a black woman. She has even said that her mother mother raised her to be a 'black woman who has a white mother' (or words to that effect). She can identify however she likes.

Now the straightening thing to me would depend on how he did it. If he used a chemical straightener on the child then I would have a serious problem with that as it would be the equivalent of bleaching a child's hair.

The One drop rule applies if you are stupid in America. There are plenty of Americans who believe it to be nonsense and quite right too.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

By the same token, she appears to be obsessed with her black heritage and identifying her daughter as black but she chose to have a child with a white man.

I stand by my comment that she's bat sh*t crazy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Calling yourself Black mixed race is quite a dichotomy isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Err he's keen for his daughter to live in the US so he can see her easily. Why should Halle have the right to move their daughter to a foreign country?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trendyme wrote: »

You're first paragraph should be amended to some people in America believe in the one drop rule. More and more people are seeing it for what it actually is. Utter nonsense. After all using that rule the majority of whites would be black and the majority of blacks would be white. It makes no sense whatsoever. And as for what society views you. Who gives a xxxx. I am mixed race myself. And if society is stupid enough not to be able to accept someone 50 50 like me then let them get on with it. As long as I know what I am. .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »

No it isn't and it's none of your business how I define myself either.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »

I'm white so can't even pretend to understand how a mixed race person would feel. However maybe many mixed race people just feel more black than white. Our identity is who we are and who we feel we are - and no one can make us feel different.

Also - if I was mixed race and had lived in apartheid South Africa would I not have been regarded as more black than white?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    I'm white so can't even pretend to understand how a mixed race person would feel. However maybe many mixed race people just feel more black than white. Our identity is who we are and who we feel we are - and no one can make us feel different.

Also - if I was mixed race and had lived in apartheid South Africa would I not have been regarded as more black than white?

Absolutely , it's not a question of having to pick a side, it's about identity.