Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    silvernlilacsilvernlilac Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I hate that freeview advert with all the toys singing I want to know what love is. Its creepy and weird.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fragrance adverts have started. ARGH!! >:(
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The BBC Christmas adverts should start tomorrow.
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's good because we never know what day of the month Christmas is going to be or whether the BBC will be broadcasting on that day so it's wonderful that those of us who worry deeply about such matters will be endlessly reassured. Far better to spend our licence fees on this than on making programmes.

Actually, now I'm having a panic attack about whether Doctors is going to be on after the 1pm news. I mean, they tell me about it every single weekday but still you never know do you...[voice fades away in the distance]
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The announcer after the trailer on Saturday said this coming Saturday they will be lighting their tree. I'd think the main run-up would start then. BBC Two have dug out their 2 Mountain ident from the last few years again.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KInder Choc - "Teddy's very not well". "It's not properly the right size for teddy."
    Grrrrrrrrrr

Neil, the bleeding creepy sloth, whatever that's for.

That one with the strange looking models posing with the party stuff and the poor pink shetland pony.
    It looks scared to death.

The George Clooney coffee adverts

Argos Christmas advert.

"Get the Lahhnden look" with that gapped toothed girl (Georgia Jagger)?
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please end all the 'stylish' perfume adverts, esp the one that mentions 'diktats' ... and the Chloe one!
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that freeview advert with all the toys singing I want to know what love is. Its creepy and weird.

Oh that one makes me really sad.:( If you didn't notice there is a sign on the table that says Unsold (Please Take) or something like that.:(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KInder Choc - "Teddy's very not well". "It's not properly the right size for teddy."
    Grrrrrrrrrr

Neil, the bleeding creepy sloth, whatever that's for.

That one with the strange looking models posing with the party stuff and the poor pink shetland pony.
    It looks scared to death.

The George Clooney coffee adverts

Argos Christmas advert.

"Get the Lahhnden look" with that gapped toothed girl (Georgia Jagger)?

Lara Stone is the gap toothed model David Walliams has married and fathered a child by.
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those bloody 'Cortana' adverts.

Cortana, please remind me to wipe my arse after using the toilet.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring back the ambassadors reception! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7gAxsfK5U

Ha, someone in the comments pointed out the woman who says delicious is eating hers with the wrapper still on
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's good because we never know what day of the month Christmas is going to be or whether the BBC will be broadcasting on that day so it's wonderful that those of us who worry deeply about such matters will be endlessly reassured. Far better to spend our licence fees on this than on making programmes.

Actually, now I'm having a panic attack about whether Doctors is going to be on after the 1pm news. I mean, they tell me about it every single weekday but still you never know do you...[voice fades away in the distance]

:D
    You'll be grateful one day just to know doctors had been cancelled and replaced so you won't need to change channels
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lara Stone is the gap toothed model David Walliams has married and fathered a child by.

Thanks.

She's soooooooo annoying.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    Ha, someone in the comments pointed out the woman who says delicious is eating hers with the wrapper still on

No she's not. She exclaimed "deliciyoos!" in advance of unwrapping hers. I think we can take it that she's had them before and is just rather excited.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    Oh that one makes me really sad.:( If you didn't notice there is a sign on the table that says Unsold (Please Take) or something like that.:(:(

Oh I didn't notice that but I will next time. I think it's a great advert, done really well. I can see how it looks creepy though.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on! another excuse to sell us a round of Turkey, booze, presents and tat will be foisted on us soon i'm sure.

The worst thing is now the UK is stuck with 'Black Friday' we're now being channelled into spontaneously believeing today is, suddenly and without warning - Cyber Monday - and encouraged by the mass media to shop online and then shop, shop, shop some more because...well it's Imaginary Cyber Monday! It's a continuation of Black Friday! So keep shopping guys! Yay!

Actually, no, phark off. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:( Who decided this and when?

It's like mind control gone nuts.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like that one, how was it filmed? is it CGI, or stop start filming.? It's very cleverly done.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, it is Georgia May Jagger in the Rimmel ad.
  • Options
    kingdavekingdave Posts: 1,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluefb wrote: »
    Annoying voiceover people:

Trivago girl, with her weird pronunciations.
    The nasally Now TV bloke. Don't know what if it's his accent or his voice, but it's horrid either way.
    Posh, lispy Tesco woman
    Blinkbox man, doing a 'wacky' Will Ferrell rip-off
    All Paypal people. Irksome American hybrid accents (and the Scottish-American bloke in another advert who pronounces 'cloud' in a weird way)

The nasally bloke you are referring to is Simon Bird, from The Inbetweeners and Friday Night Dinner
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That advert with Keith Lemon, Paddy McGuinness, Fearne, etc.. all having a little cosy xmas gathering is beyond irritating. I'm surprised Willoughbooby wasn't part of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Richard Blackwood in the Burger King advert,,, chat up women with your sleazy comments in your own time, not on my TV >:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    No, it is Georgia May Jagger in the Rimmel ad.

Irritating woman.....

Like she would ever have got the job if her father was a car mechanic from Penge.>:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    Barbara Windsor and that bingo site. "Come and play with our big blue balls" giggle! How old are you Babs, and still doing your Carry On schtick!

Sadly, I get the impression she'll be one of those who never retires and goes on til death - just like Ronnie Corbett.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiveinabed wrote: »
    That awful Warner Leisure Hotels advert, with the boring blonde woman and her husband Colin. Dunno what demographic they're aiming to appeal to, but it's coming across as if the hotels are all gonna be full of irritating couples just like themselves.

Self entitled baby-boomers with a few quid they've managed to screw out of younger generations - the kind who have no self awareness but demand everything be given to them on a plate.

"You snooze you lose"

He wasn't snoozing you smug old bag, he was active - you're just being a lazy, antisocial old tart!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    There should be at least 3 if not 4

I'd rather there wasn't! Whats the point in repeating a topical news quiz years after the stories have fallen out of memory?

Will never understand why anyone watches them.
This discussion has been closed.