Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a tenner each way on Sanchez to be stop scorer at the start of the season at 16/1 should be in the top 4 arguero still has a good lead but you just never know
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Had a tenner each way on Sanchez to be stop scorer at the start of the season at 16/1 should be in the top 4 arguero still has a good lead but you just never know
    Good shout

He seems impervious to injury too - he seems to bounce straight back up every time
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Second half performance was much better than the first and the defence hardly have the Saints a sniff.

Looked much better with Giroud on. Cazorla looks to have built a decent partnership with Welbeck and I cannot get enough of Sanchez. Just hope he isn't burnt out in the second half of the season as we're so reliant on him for goals.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good win in a tough game, Forster was immense in goal for them - man of the match! Sánchez saves us again though, what a player. Three clean sheets in a row, getting back into form now. Let's keep it up. :)
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    No surprise that since Koscielny has come back we have barely looked like conceding, 3 clean sheets in a row
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    No surprise that since Koscielny has come back we have barely looked like conceding, 3 clean sheets in a row

With our 3rd choice keeper as well
  • Options
    bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    With our 3rd choice keeper as well

Should be 1st choice.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Should be 1st choice.

Be interesting to see when Szczesny is back and Ospina returns to fitness who Wenger chooses. I'm guessing the first mistake Martinez makes, he'll return to 3rd choice status but if he carries on keeping clean sheets he'll be difficult to drop.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see when Szczesny is back and Ospina returns to fitness who Wenger chooses. I'm guessing the first mistake Martinez makes, he'll return to 3rd choice status but if he carries on keeping clean sheets he'll be difficult to drop.

I don't want Szczesny to walk straight back in. Fighting for his place would do him some good.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Poor bloke, he's really not well. It was only a few weeks ago he was conceding the title to Chelsea.
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another day, another example of Arsene and his rapid descent into senility.

Amy Lawrence has just tweeted that in the press conference for this weekend, Arsene has just said 'If Diaby is fully fit he has a new contract at Arsenal'!

So, to clarify, if Diaby miraculously manages to get fit for a week or two (and we all know he will) Arsene is going to reward him with a new contract so he can be injured for the next five years! Never in a million years is he suddenly going to become injury free at this stage of his career. Can anyone remember another player given so much who has contributed so little? Ridiculous.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Diaby actually injured at the moment? The club denied rumours he had a new injury and he's apparently been trying to gain match fitness since about March this year. So why isn't he ready yet? More "little setbacks" I guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    sotek wrote: »

I don't see anything wrong with what he said? He is right, it is only a third of the season. He is just being optimistic, if he's not he gets criticised and if he is he's criticised and if he doesn't talk he is also criticised lol.

I think Wenger knows what he is doing regarding Diaby. "Fully fit" suggests being fit over the long term, and I don't think Diaby is injured at all, probably just building up fitness.
  • Options
    Cluedon657Cluedon657 Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Anyone think we'll get 3 points at Stoke today?
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cluedon657 wrote: »

Probably as we are in one of our little winning runs at the moment which will help to cement 4th place.
  • Options
    Cluedon657Cluedon657 Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    Probably as we are in one of our little winning runs at the moment which will help to cement 4th place.

Recent history at Stoke doesn't fill me with confidence though. :(
  • Options
    BeanybunBeanybun Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recent history at Stoke doesn't fill me with confidence though. :(

Always enjoy our visits to Helms Deep.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I dont think so, although for a while this was the match I would most like to win 6-0, it's not as bad now. Weve had two excellent wins, back in full control of 4th place, so could see us taking a week off, other results dependent a couple of good wins will likely follow this game though, to keep us in charge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2p wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with what he said? He is right, it is only a third of the season. He is just being optimistic, if he's not he gets criticised and if he is he's criticised and if he doesn't talk he is also criticised lol.

I think Wenger knows what he is doing regarding Diaby. "Fully fit" suggests being fit over the long term, and I don't think Diaby is injured at all, probably just building up fitness.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11220166/Arsene-Wenger-concedes-Premier-League-title-is-Chelseas-to-lose-after-seeing-his-Arsenal-side-beaten-again.html

Seeing as he said this only last month, makes him look even more of a chump than he is - LOL indeed!

As for Diaby, building up fitness he may be - but I guarantee even if he does manage to play a part in a first team match he'll be injured for the next. About time we let him go. Wenger must not be allowed to offer him a new contract - it's like putting money in a pile and just burning it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

The way things are going, I really have no idea what team will turn up. I'm going for a turgid 0-0 draw.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they all still do that "Impersonate Wenger for the 90 minutes" bollocks?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11220166/Arsene-Wenger-concedes-Premier-League-title-is-Chelseas-to-lose-after-seeing-his-Arsenal-side-beaten-again.html

Seeing as he said this only last month, makes him look even more of a chump than he is - LOL indeed!

As for Diaby, building up fitness he may be - but I guarantee even if he does manage to play a part in a first team match he'll be injured for the next. About time we let him go. Wenger must not be allowed to offer him a new contract - it's like putting money in a pile and just burning it.

"if they keep that up nobody will touch them, that's for sure. It doesn't look like anybody is capable of challenging them at the moment"

He has to say that or he would be called delusional. The standard of this season compared to last year has been poor and I still think we can get higher than 4th, though I'm not sure if we will.
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2p wrote: »

Of course you don't!

Presumably you would have said exactly the same when Arsene renewed his contract in 2010 after his first injury ravaged contract ended. That second contract has cost us, to date, something like £13m (assuming a modest £65k per week) ... which has come out of the pocket of every single supporter of the club. Do you honestly think we have had value for that £13m? I'm scared to look up how many games he has played in that period but I suspect it's no more than 50! Whether you remember it or not, many of us were opened mouthed at the time at the sheer stupidity of offering him a new contract.

But of course Arsene still knows what he's doing and if he thinks Diaby deserves a new contract you can't see anything wrong with it. At a club with an injury record like ours, for a player fast approaching 30 who has never managed an extended period of games for the club. Nothing can go wrong there can it?

Still, it seems strange that only last week you were admitting our wage bill was far too high and we might as well get rid of squad players on high salaries who never play. Presumably therefore you see Diaby as an integral part of our first team going forward?

Madness.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to think we can continue our winning streak but Stoke are one of those teams that we just don't like playing against so I can see it finishing 1-1 or similar. Would love to be proved wrong though of course.
This discussion has been closed.