Options

SCD Week 11 (Quarter-Finals) Discussion Thread - Sat 7pm/Sun 7.20pm

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Get the plank out of your own eye' is a useful phrase to think about, perhaps.

Or the stick out of your arse is another useful one. :D
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Get the plank out of your own eye' is a useful phrase to think about, perhaps.

Oh be quiet, haven't a clue what you're on about. You are full of bile that's the truth.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,209
    Forum Member
    They're armchair warriors Walter, from the safety of their living rooms. They should take a big dose of Bisodol for their bile !!

Yes, you are right, and they are the worst type of bullying trolls. :(
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's not OK, you have certainly contributed your share of poison towards him, I am just giving you and the other Mark haters a taste of your own medicine.
    You're not doing it very well though, are you? :)

(And that's said by a non-hater of Mark)
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh be quiet, haven't a clue what you're on about. You are full of bile that's the truth.

I'm full of FUN lady. Untwist yer pants.

(Marks a pain in the arse, by the way......runs):o:D
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,209
    Forum Member
    :D

Calm down. Look at the T and Cs. Have a drink, it's a flamin' celeb show, don't get all personal against posters, it's silly. You're not Mark's mum are you?

I had never even heard of Mark until he joined Strictly, I just hate the really nasty, personal remarks in here. The Strictly thread is the bitchiest of all the Forums, the Movie thread is far more civilized.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Elsa wrote: »
    From the cast announcement, I've thought they wanted the 3 good girls in the final with one male - and the man would take it. I guessed Thom - 2nd guess Simon. Still think it might come true. Those girls are too samey and bound to split the vote (imho)

The final will be interesting because Jake has enough fun, vote friendly dances to win, and 3 top females there would split their vote It doesn't matter that he can't do a lot of dances and other dances sufered from him doing 2 jobs at once. .Its not only that the girls are samey - its that diferent ones are best at different things, so you can't even pick on merit if they all do their best dances ? I can't see them selling Simon as real competition, or him picking up his vote enough. The judges can shape that by giving some people a dance they do look weak in -but they can't stop a big vote for Jake's fun dances, or people not getting behind only one female.

It looks bizarre that Jake, nor Pixie--, is doing the tour - as they look like the most probable first and second contenders . That might change, but it will look odd if it doesn't.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,713
    Forum Member
    Mark to go tonight please.

He is lacking personality, and especially when he spoke to his girlfriend on Facetime and said he missed her and that she gave him a boost was cringeworthy.

This is not Big Brother or IACGMOOH, they are allowed to see their partners, husband/wife, family if they want to ....... I think he may have forgotten that with all the reality programmes he has been involved. ;)
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The final will be interesting because Jake has enough fun, vote friendly dances to win, and 3 top females there would split their vote It doesn't matter that he can't do a lot of dances and other dances sufered from him doing 2 jobs at once. .Its not only that the girls are samey - its that diferent ones are best at different things, so you can't even pick on merit if they all do their best dances ? I can't see them selling Simon as real competition, or him picking up his vote enough. The judges can shape that by giving some people a dance they do look weak in -but they can't stop a big vote for Jake's fun dances, or people not getting behind only one female.

It looks bizarre that Jake, nor Pixie--, is doing the tour - as they look like the most probable first and second contenders . That might change, but it will look odd if it doesn't.

Good points. I forget Simon appearing in the dance-off as the first one who was there despite high marks. Then he was in it again, right? They don't really have a good male contender (well, other than Jake - but no tour!) I still look back and think Thom was the guy and he was improving. I can't fathom why they didn't pick him in the dance off. (unless they'd already decided on some other guy making it thru - and what other guy would there be a reason to prefer, perhaps a political reason to prop? - I keep coming back to Simon :confused:)
  • Options
    water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »

He is lacking personality, and especially when he spoke to his girlfriend on Facetime and said he missed her and that she gave him a boost was cringeworthy.

This is not Big Brother or IACGMOOH, they are allowed to see their partners, husband/wife, family if they want to ....... I think he may have forgotten that with all the reality programmes he has been involved. ;)

Yes, I thought it was a bit odd too. Was he in a different country or something because I thought after training he could probably pop home and see her. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I thought it was a bit odd too. Was he in a different country or something because I thought after training he could probably pop home and see her. :confused:

I don't know but isn't his gf in another show like TOWIE or C Street??

He's just going for the sympathy vote, for those viewers dumb enough to swallow it. Either that or he has no other sob story to peddle!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For me Caroline and Pasha were definitely the stand out performance of the night.

I don't usualy enjoy the Argentine Tango, even with Vincent and Flavia, but their dance tonight was stunning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's just going for the sympathy vote, for those viewers dumb enough to swallow it. Either that or he has no other sob story to peddle!! :p

It was obvious and cringeworthy - wipe a tear from me manly ee, ooh I feel better now me girlfriend has reassured me FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE, look how my trembly lip has stiffened.

He's saving triple nan redux for the final.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pasha is just one lovely guy, a gentleman and generous dance partner. :cool:

He never wants to take the limelight and he is so chivalrous.
  • Options
    blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In his defence - and I'm no Mark fan - this whole bit of cringey nonsense with contacting his girlfriend was yet more drivel dreamt up by the production team. I don't for a second think this was his idea. I think they're just struggling to come up with a new angle seeing as we've exhausted the nans and the I'm-so-busy-in-my-other-job angles. I actually felt sorry for him (and her, and Karen) having to play out this lame charade.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blindside wrote: »
    In his defence - and I'm no Mark fan - this whole bit of cringey nonsense with contacting his girlfriend was yet more drivel dreamt up by the production team. I don't for a second think this was his idea. I think they're just struggling to come up with a new angle seeing as we've exhausted the nans and the I'm-so-busy-in-my-other-job angles. I actually felt sorry for him (and her, and Karen) having to play out this lame charade.

It is up to him then to create some sort of exciting persona to convey to the viewer ...... sadly I dont think he has one, so the production team have to come up with something. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And me on the wrong thread an' all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but I edited mine!! :D

It is so easy to do when there is so much drivel, I mean reality tv, on a Saturday night. I imagine I will have no choice but to segue into IACGMOOH now. :o:(:D
  • Options
    sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    You mean fake angry. It's all about getting Simon to the top

You really have it in for Simon, don't you?
    I don't see any evidence that the judges favour him, if anything I think they dont give him enough credit most weeks.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Simon's dance again and I loved it, more on the 2nd watch. :)
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Simon's dance again and I loved it, more on the 2nd watch. :)

I really enjoyed it too. It was excellent
  • Options
    hilary2329hilary2329 Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Frankies waltz in the watlzathon was simply dreadful.
    Her top line was atrocious as anyone who knows anything about dancing will confirm and yet she finished second.
    What on earth were the judges looking at, Len should have known better!
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do Mark's fans think he should be immune from criticism? Get stuck in and defend your fave! It's part of the fun.

Oh and "zomg u nasty troll" is not a competent defence of Mark's ability.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do Mark's fans think he should be immune from criticism? Get stuck in and defend your fave! It's part of the fun.

Oh and "zomg u nasty troll" is not a competent defence of Mark's ability.

Exactly. I just do not like Mark's personality & self promotion which combined with Karen is just too much for me.

Personally I would like Caroline & Pasha to win, but would rather see Jake and his minimal personality/limited ballroom ability win over Mark.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,407
    Forum Member
    Let's get this party started.