Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    That's what comes with going into a 55-60 game season with two less defenders than most countries go to a 3-7 game world cup with.

Only takes one injury and one suspension and you're out of any defensive cover on the bench.

Exactly this. The situation the squad is in which Wenger has caused due to his ineptitude in the summer is unforgivable. No wonder he dodged the question at the AGM when asked why he didn't buy a CD.

Why we are resting players going into a meaningless game midweek is a joke.

Wenger is turning into the modern day Clough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Our defence made Bojan look world class. #WengerOut
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad day for Chambers but its a learning curve. Hopefully Kos comes back soon. A new cbis needed and Mert has to be dropped he is not good enough to be a starter. Funny that Rambo and Santi scored when both have been woeful this season. Yet Sanchez who has been our star missed a chance you put ur house on him scoring. Another bad day, not a shocking one. Lucky for us the other teams are poor as well. Though if Utd win on Mon they could be on their way till sementing 3rd place. 4th will not be easy like Shearer thinks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our defence made Bojan look world class. #WengerOut

He'd have been a great addition to our team.
  • Options
    sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone ask me if I was a shareholder, would I be happy with 4th knowing an extra £50 million is coming your way. To be honest I struggled as I doubt we have the money like Chelsea or City.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, congratulations to the Arsenal team.

This team:

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/1080x400/mar_13/gun__1364388567_article_nevertobebeaten.jpg

The record stands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkie70 wrote: »
    Someone ask me if I was a shareholder, would I be happy with 4th knowing an extra £50 million is coming your way. To be honest I struggled as I doubt we have the money like Chelsea or City.

No shareholder should be happy with us being 4th. As much as i blame Stan the likes of Hillwood, Bracewell Smith, The late Fizman and Dean all have a part to play. These should have made sure the new owner would make sure the team comes 1st even at the expense of the manager. All were just interested in how much money they could make of shares. Maybe not Fizman as he was ill and i guess wanted to provide for his family. The higher u finish the more we make so its really bad business at this club imo.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Video going around of Wenger getting verbal abuse by Arsenal fans after yesterday's defeat.

He might be a stubborn old fool, he might be behind the times and he may not lead Arsenal to future glory.............but that sort of behaviour is inexcusable.

At least the video puts to bed about Wenger not being aware of fan divisions. So adapt or die.

The best thing for all parties concerned is Wenger walking away. Not because Arsenal just finish fourth, rather he never seems to learn from his mistakes. Witnessing him turn into the whipping boy after every defeat borders on cruelty.

Arsenal won't win the league any time soon and as I've said before you are deluding yourself if you think Wenger can miraculously turn this team into title winners. If this team were five points clear top with two games to go, I wouldn't be confident -- that's how flaky Wenger's Arsenal is. They can finish fourth in a two horse race.

If Arsenal finish in the top four come May, don't overcelebrate. Don't pamper his ego. Don't challenge him. Because it'll lead to more disappointment when the new season begins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen the video, Whilst i think fans have every right to boo there is a right way to do it. We should not show ourselves to be hooligans etc. Telling players to leave us while they can is silly. I mean what is next hitting him, throwing things at him. No need to get personal just boo in the ground etc.

I agree with Belligerence best think would be for him to walk end of the season. The man should have some pride left before he leaves. I do not even think its a case of him not learning from his mistakes, its a case of him being stubborn and always has to be right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Those so called fans are a disgrace. "Get out while you can Joel"?

We're all disappointed but hooligan behaviour is the lowest of the low.

Wenger really should have left of a high after the FA Cup win last season.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    No-one wants to see that sort of behaviour, end of story.

However, Wenger has got off extremely lightly with the supporters, as this has been going on for years, it's not just last or this season. Anyone who thinks he's a proud man, and a few drunken oafs will make him think about leaving is wrong. He will treat them with disdain and continue along his path of destroying everything he's worked so hard to build up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    No-one wants to see that sort of behaviour, end of story.
    Anyone who thinks he's a proud man, and a few drunken oafs will make him think about leaving is wrong.

Very true but like Belli said above, it puts paid to the theory him not being aware of the divisions. I even think he has seen how unhappy fans are to do this. I just hope Ivan and co saw this and tell him maybe now is the time to go. They should let him see his safety could be at risk. Some tough decisions need to be made this season. With Klopp on the edge at Dortmund(maybe sacked if they do not get top 4) Nowvis the time to get him.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    While I understand the fans' frustration (they'd trekked up to Stoke to watch that shower of s....) the video sounds like about 5 blokes shouting while someone filmed it on his phone and the Joel remark makes it unintentionally funny. At West Brom, the sheer printing quality of the banner (and I can't fault what it said) caused fans of other clubs and media to take the P about rich Arsenal fans and their Islington banners.
    The groundswell of fan opinion that it's time up for Wenger needs to be properly handled. Or else it just makes it easy for him to continue dragging us down.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The abuse is unwarranted, we should be better than that.

Heard Winterburn on the radio this morning. Wants Wenger to stay and said the defeat was down to individual errors. Thing is they KEEP on happening and for years there has been no sign of anyone addressing it. I wish the interviewers would push this point. We are not talking about the odd error here and there, we are talking about a continuous cycle. You can't look at one defeat in isolation.
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A basic problem that AW never seems to address, is that we continue to get outmuscled in midfield

He keeps signing physically small/light players. Yes, when on form, they can outpass the oppostion and look good. But when they're not, as Ramsey and Cazorla have been most of the season, other teams just bully their way through

We need some engine room steel, enforcers. minders, whatever they're called, Viera and Petit were the heart of that great team, with the flair players player off of them. Song was good for a while as well.

Arteta and Flamini put their foot in, but once again, they are physically small.

If all the Prem teams had a tug of war contest using their regular players, we would come last by some distance. We need to beef up
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If all the Prem teams had a tug of war contest using their regular players, we would come last by some distance. We need to beef up

This is brilliant! Why has nobody thought of this before?

Sky would be all over it.
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    The abuse is unwarranted, we should be better than that.

Heard Winterburn on the radio this morning. Wants Wenger to stay and said the defeat was down to individual errors. Thing is they KEEP on happening and for years there has been no sign of anyone addressing it. I wish the interviewers would push this point. We are not talking about the odd error here and there, we are talking about a continuous cycle. You can't look at one defeat in isolation.

The problem is David what else have we got? I'm afraid that, unpleasant though it might be, it is the only way Arsene and the board will get the message. If all we do is express mild dissatisfaction or with just polite murmurings of dissent then he and the club will claim that things aren't so bad and the fans aren't that unhappy and carry on.

I'm afraid that for someone who is happy to accept £8m a year he has to accept that this comes with the territory when things go wrong. This has been coming for a LONG time and he has spurned so many chances to walk away in glory with the fans singing his name and remembering the good times. Sadly It won't end well or happily now and he has nobody to blame but himself.
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    The problem is David what else have we got? I'm afraid that, unpleasant though it might be, it is the only way Arsene and the board will get the message. If all we do is express mild dissatisfaction or with just polite murmurings of dissent then he and the club will claim that things aren't so bad and the fans aren't that unhappy and carry on.

I'm afraid that for someone who is happy to accept £8m a year he has to accept that this comes with the territory when things go wrong. This has been coming for a LONG time and he has spurned so many chances to walk away in glory with the fans singing his name and remembering the good times. Sadly It won't end well or happily now and he has nobody to blame but himself.

Agree with this post. There has been no pressure on Wenger for so long now. 4th place is a minimum for a club like Arsenal, but for too long the club has been willing to accept it as adequate year after year with no progress in the quality of the vast majority of signings or tactics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is brilliant! Why has nobody thought of this before?

Sky would be all over it.

Nah, if Wenger was in charge our lot would use it as a skipping rope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    Agree with this post. There has been no pressure on Wenger for so long now. 4th place is a minimum for a club like Arsenal, but for too long the club has been willing to accept it as adequate year after year with no progress in the quality of the vast majority of signings or tactics.

I agree with both your posts. But it seemed to be getting nasty and there were reports of violence amongst the fans.

I still don't think there is any pressure on Wenger, certainly from the board. They will sh1t themselves the day they have to find someone else especially if the new manager is ambitious and actually wants to win something. Can you imagine Sir Chips scouting for a new manager?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FA Cup Final rematch. Lucky we're at home.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    If this team were five points clear top with two games to go, I wouldn't be confident -- that's how flaky Wenger's Arsenal is. They can finish fourth in a two horse race.

If Arsenal finish in the top four come May, don't overcelebrate. Don't pamper his ego. Don't challenge him. Because it'll lead to more disappointment when the new season begins.

We'll see come the end of the season. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great point by Neville saying players abandon each other time and time again on the football field.

http://youtu.be/3GWqX4dgNn0
This discussion has been closed.