Options

Would you date someone who has a criminal record ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
Forum Member
Say for example they had been to prison and done their time etc would you date them? If they went to prison for something like murderer then personally I'm not sure if I could ever feel safe around them so probably wouldn't date them but if it was something like drugs then I would it as long as they obviously weren't still involved with drugs.

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they had made a mistake and hadn't done the same thing in years (and showed remorse), maybe. Definitely not if they had repeatedly offended over the years for violent crimes.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would depend what the crime was and how far I thought they had moved on from it.
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Say for example they had been to prison and done their time etc would you date them? If they went to prison for something like murderer then personally I'm not sure if I could ever feel safe around them so probably wouldn't date them but if it was something like drugs then I would it as long as they obviously weren't still involved with drugs.

How would you know they had been in the Clink unless they told you and most people with a criminal record have never been anywhere near a prison.
  • Options
    DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this about those chaps from One Direction?
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diabolus wrote: »
    Is this about those chaps from One Direction?

Come again?
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't intrinsically matter to me if somebody has a criminal record. What's relevant is their actual crime, and their motives for such.

Most people who have a criminal record do so for things like non-violent drugs offences, which obviously wouldn't bother me.
  • Options
    DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Come again?

One Direction- popular UK boyband responsible for a string of reprehensible 'Criminal Records'?

No?

Damn.. I knew I should have gone with Peter Andre. :(

*fetches coat*
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stole my heart.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,283
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    It would depend what the crime was and how far I thought they had moved on from it.

Yep. Pretty much.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Yes, this pretty much. It would depend upon the crime and the individual.

Imagine how many criminals there are out there who don't have a record at all. You never know who you're dating ;)
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surely we've all got a bit of form? :p
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    surely we've all got a bit of form? :p
    I'll never tell ;)
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Diabolus wrote: »
    One Direction- popular UK boyband responsible for a string of reprehensible 'Criminal Records'?

No?

Damn.. I knew I should have gone with Peter Andre. :(

*fetches coat*

I got it ;-)
  • Options
    NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Damn, someone already suggested One Direction :)

Personally for me it would depend on what the offence was, speeding isn't really going to worry me (given about half the drivers have one), but drink driving would.
    A bit of shoplifting when they were young wouldn't bother me, but shoplifting later in life (unless there was a very good reason*), would.

Violence against a person, or crimes against children and the elderly would be a big no no for me.

*Such as they were starving and it was food.