Options

EE: How many rooms does the Vic have?!

MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
Forum Member
✭✭
I think this was discussed back in the Moon-era but it really made me laugh last night when Shirley and Mick told Tina she needs to move back into the Vic.

We have:

- Mick & Linda (we've seen their room, obviously)
- Shirley
- Lee
- Nancy
- Johnny
- Stan
- Tina

all staying in the Vic! A bit OTT methinks...!

They can't all be sleeping in the lounge (which I think Stan does).

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Four

Mick and Linda
    Lee and Johnny
    Shirley and Nancy
    Stan

Shirley and Nancy agreed to share so that Stan could have his own room.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Four bedrooms.

Mick and Linda
    Lee and Johnny
    Shirley (and I presume Tina will be moving back in to hers)
    Nancy

Stan in the lounge. Actually I think there was a conversation about Nancy sharing a room with Shirley at one point, so Stan wasn't sleeping in the lounge. And of course Shirley wasn't living there for a while so at that time, Nancy and Stan would both have had rooms to themselves.

Now that Tina's moved back in, Shirley is back, and Johnny is moving out soon, I expect Lee will share with Stan for a while until Stan's departure. :(
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    Mick and Linda
    Lee and Johnny
    Shirley and Nancy
    Stan in the living room

I think that's how it works. Now I don't know where Tina fits into it now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Four

Mick and Linda
    Lee and Johnny
    Shirley and Nancy
    Stan

Shirley and Nancy agreed to share so that Stan could have his own room.

Really? I must have missed that! Plus, I can't work out where all these bedrooms are! I can only remember seeing the bathroom, Mick & Linda's room, the kitchen and the living room.

I must be blind...
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    The layout of the Vic doesn't make sense, maybe it will be addressed when the new set is built?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    Really? I must have missed that! Plus, I can't work out where all these bedrooms are! I can only remember seeing the bathroom, Mick & Linda's room, the kitchen and the living room.

I must be blind...

We never see all the bedrooms in any of the houses, I doubt they've got the sets for them. We may get to see the odd bedroom scene, but never every room in every house.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well stan deffo wasn't in the living room when Tina was on the sofa the other night so he must have a room.
    tho sure when the carters first moved in, it was said Lee had a room and no one was using it cos linda wanted it there for when he came back.

its best not to think of bedrooms on eastenders
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    well stan deffo wasn't in the living room when Tina was on the sofa the other night so he must have a room.
    tho sure when the carters first moved in, it was said Lee had a room and no one was using it cos linda wanted it there for when he came back.

BIB: I don't think that was ever said but I could be wrong. Lee and Johnny have definitely shared since Lee moved back - Johnny mentioned how loud Lee snored on pretty much the second day of Lee being back.

And Stan wouldn't necessarily be in the living room at the moment but he may be back in there now Tina's moved back, or she might be in there. Nancy and Shirley are probably sharing at the moment.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    The layout of the Vic doesn't make sense, maybe it will be addressed when the new set is built?

The downstairs doesn't make sense with the upstairs and I doubt it ever will.

Room sizes not accurate but this was always my view of upstairs at The Vic.
    PUBF1BQ.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought that was a room for Nancy, who wasn't living with them when they arrived.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    BIB: I don't think that was ever said but I could be wrong. Lee and Johnny have definitely shared since Lee moved back - Johnny mentioned how loud Lee snored on pretty much the second day of Lee being back.

And Stan wouldn't necessarily be in the living room at the moment but he may be back in there now Tina's moved back, or she might be in there. Nancy and Shirley are probably sharing at the moment.

It was said when Mick wanted shirley and Tina to move in and Linda was saying there was no space cos she didnt want shirley to move in the vic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    The downstairs doesn't make sense with the upstairs and I doubt it ever will.

Room sizes not accurate but this was always my view of upstairs at The Vic.
    PUBF1BQ.jpg

Im not sure how your stairs end but I am not sure of your layout, I think the living room and kitchen are the other way round and the bathroom at least in peggy days was next to the kitchen with a bedroom next to it. tho I am sure the "layout" has changed

plus it is shown the kitchen looks out to the square and the living room looks onto the market and u can look up to the square or down bridge street
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I thought that was a room for Nancy, who wasn't living with them when they arrived.

maybe it was. i know a room had to be kept for someone :D thought it was Lee but yeah could of been nancy
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At one point the Vic had:

Peggy, Archie, Phil, Suzy, Ben, Ronnie, Roxy, Amy, Sean, Billy and Jay.

11 people in four bedrooms (and we've only ever seen two bedrooms on screen). It's basically a TARDIS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're right. The stairs are facing the wrong way on the upstairs set and have been since 1985. I can't believe the production team never noticed it - or maybe they did and hoped we wouldn't :D
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure how your stairs end but I am not sure of your layout, I think the living room and kitchen are the other way round and the bathroom at least in peggy days was next to the kitchen with a bedroom next to it. tho I am sure the "layout" has changed

plus it is shown the kitchen looks out to the square and the living room looks onto the market and u can look up to the square or down bridge street

You are completely wrong.

The kitchen is the first room when you come up the stairs and walk along. The living room is definitely in the corner as it is the corner of the pub and looks over Bridge Street.

The bathroom was never next to the kitchen. Even in the 80s the layout was the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The kitchen is the first room when you come up the stairs and walk along. The living room is definitely in the corner as it is the corner of the pub and looks over Bridge Street.

The bathroom was never next to the kitchen. Even in the 80s the layout was the same.

you walk past the living room to get to the kitchen!

plus when you get to the top of the stairs opp the stairwell is a bedroom. you turn right and i think there is another door and then the living room door, keep walking andstraight ahead is the kitchen,to the right of the kitchen is another door which was the bathroom and then to the right of that there is another bedroom

when stan was smoking out the living room window the market was below not the sqaure
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I thought the Vic had 4 rooms?
    I reckon next year it will be Mick and Linda sharing, single room for Lee , Nancy and Tina sharing, and Shirley (and maybe Buster?) in one? There will be no Stan or Johnny. At the mo Lee and Johnny are sharing, Mick and Linda, Nancy and Shirley sharing and Stan solo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is correct.

As you come up the stairs in the Vic the first bedroom is on the left. The next door (opposite the stairs and to the right) is the kitchen, then the living room in the corner, then the master bedroom, then bedroom 3 and then the bathroom on the right. To be honest I have no idea where bedroom 4 is, there doesn't seem to be room for it and we've never seen it.

The kitchen window looks out on to the market, the living room looks out onto the market AND the Square, and the master bedroom looks out onto the Square too.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    At one point the vic housed

Phil
    Ben
    Peggy
    Roxy
    Ronnie
    Sam Mitchell
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Johnny's room is at the top of the stairs on the right. We know this because of when he had sex with Luke (Gianluca). At the top of the stairs and straight ahead is Mick & Linda's room, then on the left, directly opposite Johnny's room, is the lounge, and left of that is the kitchen.

We never usually see anything from the other way around because that's where the set is, which is quite common in television shows. But I'm guessing the bathroom is there, and another two bedrooms for Shirley/Nancy, and Stan.

I don't recall Johnny ever sharing with Lee, especially since his room has a double bed in it (which he had sex in), but oh well. As long as he cleaned the sheets.

Tina is on the sofa, which was established yesterday.

It would be impossible to make a floor plan, because nothing makes sense. The outside conflicts with the inside, the downstairs conflicts with the upstairs. If this was realistic, the upstairs wouldn't fit perfectly to the downstairs. (the outside model shows that the upstairs is the exact same shape as the downstairs).
  • Options
    soapfan2005soapfan2005 Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This! If you walk up those stairs you turn back on yourself meaning technically you would be heading towards the back of the pub! However, when you get up the stairs and walk up the hallway, you're heading towards the front of the pub! (unless of course there is a second flight of stairs we have never seen?)

Also, the pub has grown in size, extending sideways and backwards, TARDIS like, meaning technically if you walk out that back door, you should be in the alley way at the side, but you're not, you're in beer cellar!

And the area where they had the reception for Phil and Sharon's wedding has been extended sideways, which means its now where the flats next door should be!

Same goes for the Rovers Return! if you go to the loo in there, you would end up in the Barlow's back room!
  • Options
    NefersitraNefersitra Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »

I must be blind...

The only "upstairs" sets at the Vic I remember are the kitchen, living room, the upstairs hall and one bedroom.

The hall is rectangular and has at 5 visible doors on it and a short wall you can't see from where the shoot (over the staircase which forms one " long wall").

Assuming another door on the short wall, making it roughly symmetrical would give a total of 6 rooms upstairs; we've seen 3 of them and we know there is a bathroom, so that would leave the other 2 rooms as bedrooms for a total of 3.

I'm sure at one point the Mitchells more or less said there were 3 rooms - Archie and Peggy had a room, Phil and Ben were sharing, Roxy, Ronnie and Amy were sharing and Billy and Jay (who were homeless) had to sleep in the living room. We saw what is now Mick and Linda's room and it was either Phil and Ben's or Ronnie and Roxy's room and it still had the double bed.

At this point I kind of assume all the houses on Albert Square are built by Timelords out of Tardises or the stairs all lead to Narnia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »

I don't recall Johnny ever sharing with Lee, especially since his room has a double bed in it (which he had sex in), but oh well. As long as he cleaned the sheets.

Lee and Johnny definitely share, it's been mentioned a couple of times. We've never seen the inside of Lee and Johnny's bedroom so we don't know if it was a double bed that Gianluca and Johnny got, um, frisky in. They could have slummed it on a single, or pushed Lee's over. :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    You're right. The stairs are facing the wrong way on the upstairs set and have been since 1985. I can't believe the production team never noticed it - or maybe they did and hoped we wouldn't :D

I don't think it is.

As I see it, the stairs go up from behind the bar (where those crisps have been since 1980) and then as we see it from the upstairs, they corner off to the right...don't they?

As far as I can, it's in keeping with the downstairs set of stairs.

:confused: