Options

The Missing

Comments

• Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat 68 wrote: »
    I don't think for one moment that boy in the restaurant was Ollie. I think that scene was just a poignant moment to show us/Tony what he had lost and what could have been as that's the age that Ollie would be now.:(

I agree - I think Tony would have recognised him too, even 8 years on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    Why did Garrat let Tony kill him, he must have known he had a short fuse lol.......

It's a matter of interpretation, but personally I think he wanted Tony to kill him. The game was up.
    Was the scene on the yacht at present day with Mary and garrat on it ALL her imagination then, I just assumed she was on the yacht dreaming of her dead husband, and then it showed Vincent there didnt it? Jeez i need to go watch it again I think lol....my head aches.

The yacht was Mary's hallucination. Vincent went to visit her in the home and therefore appeared in her hallucination - just as the Nurse appeared as the Butler.
  • Options
    Kat 68Kat 68 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Loz Kernow wrote: »
    If the scarf was in the bag or on the lounger then maybe the white haired man who was spotted walking round the pool watching Tony and Olly could have grabbed it. He had one hand stuffed in his pocket when the camera followed him. Did we decide who the white haired man is? Was he the guy from the garage who was quite friendly with Ollie? If so, would Ollie be lured away from the bar by him using the scarf as 'bait'?

Have to admit to being abit confused by the obsession with the yellow scarf on this forum and where it was, who had it, in bag, on lounger, etc,etc. Maybe it will turn out to be relevant but just think there's too much emphasis about it on here. If it doesn't get a mention in last episode there's going to be a lot of disappointed people on here!!! My son certainly couldn't be lured away by a mere scarf!!!!
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's been a lot of debate whether Tony should get away with Garrett's murder, or have to face justice.
    Based on the title of the final episode, my theory is that neither is the case.

Tony will tangle with one of the Romanian gang (or Mary Garrett if it was her all along...!) and get fatally injured, but not before he discovers The Truth. He will sacrifice himself for his son (or the memory of him)
  • Options
    Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    There's been a lot of debate whether Tony should get away with Garrett's murder, or have to face justice.
    Based on the title of the final episode, my theory is that neither is the case.

Tony will tangle with one of the Romanian gang (or Mary Garrett if it was her all along...!) and get fatally injured, but not before he discovers The Truth. He will sacrifice himself for his son (or the memory of him)

I'm probably heading for Mary's cloud cuckoo land here (it's not surprising!) but what if killing Ian Garrett led to Ollie being disposed of by the gang? If Tony found out he couldn't bear to live with it.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to admit to being abit confused by the obsession with the yellow scarf on this forum and where it was, who had it, in bag, on lounger, etc,etc. Maybe it will turn out to be relevant but just think there's too much emphasis about it on here. If it doesn't get a mention in last episode there's going to be a lot of disappointed people on here!!! My son certainly couldn't be lured away by a mere scarf!!!!

It's simply how did it get to the kidnap house. Ollie wasn't wearing it. We saw his Mum playing with him in afternoon almost using it to get him to follow her. The guess is that it was used to entice Ollie out of bar to then be snatched. Something made him walk away from his Dad.
  • Options
    MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me for one ha-ha! :)

Essentially, though Ollie's scarf was the catalyst in leading them to the house he didn't appear to be wearing it at the time he was taken, suggesting someone at the hotel took it with them - which does somewhat tie in with other evidence - possibly!

Thinking about it today, am more convinced than ever that Sieg has planted the evidence to frame somebody - why else would he be watching discreetly in that specific location? The Police were searching lots of different areas? If it was realised that it had been dropped somewhere accidently, you would try to retrieve it or cover your tracks?
  • Options
    Ace-TVAce-TV Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Lots of nasty bugs going around at this time of year. Be awful if you caught one and had to stay home on Tuesday evening instead.;-);-);-)

I like you're thinking. I am feeling a sniffle or two coming on already ;-)
    But I think it'll be TiVo box and look at nothing online till I get home then watch it as soon as I'm in, however late.

1 question, going right back to episode 1. Tony went back in 2014 after seeing the facebook photos. How did Baptiste get involved again? Did Tony call him or did he just happen to turn up?
  • Options
    Edward_MannEdward_Mann Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    A summarised list of my theories, some contradictory, some totally unlikely (and most but not all already mentioned), but surely one bound to be right! At least after next Tuesday I can come back and quote something from myself:

Mary Garrett and Baptiste’s Wife are sisters.

Bourg is Mary Garrett’s son.

The AA group is a cover for a local paedo ring – Alain and Sylvie are ‘innocent’, but know what Mayor, Garrett etc are engaged in so are friendly to Hughes’ in some attempt to make themselves feel less bad.

Mary Garrett is the Queen Bee, and Ian was building her a big house conveniently close to the coast and a boat so that they can carry out child trafficking in conjunction with Romanians. Mary forces Ian to do this as she knows he abused her son.

Mary Garrett was ‘away’ for the first few episodes in the 06 timeline, she isn't present at all when Garrett is being killed etc – she was the one who took Ollie and handed him off to ‘Romanians' for a while but that's where she is at that point, looking after Ollie. Bourg suspects and doesn’t want the same thing as happened to him so this is why Ian pays him off.

Ian Garrett is involved in a money laundering operation with the Romanians and Mark, and the plan is to ‘kidnap’ James for a short period, frame Bourg, and somehow the money finds its way to the Romanians. Ollie gets taken by accident, which messes everything up.

Mark is in the house when Ollie is being held there.

Mark is not investigating Romanian gangs he is investigating international Paedophile ring.

Ollie is alive.

Ollie is not alive.

There must be one good one in there!
    One thing I can't get my head around is how Malik knew about Zaine's past, are we assuming phone hacking now? That doesn't quite work for me.
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may well be right but if Ollie wasn't wearing the Scarf then it does tell us how Ollie was abducted and makes the likes of Alain and Sieg the most likely suspects.. all boils down to knowing for certain if he never had it with him when he entered the bar.
    The only way the scarf could be at the house is if it was taken there by the abductors, why would an abductor pick up the scarf, there's only one possible reason to lure Ollie out of the bar, so why the scarf, the abductor is grabbing a child in a public place, if he just grabs the child and walks out with him and he is challenged he hasn't a leg to stand on.
    If he waves the scarf in Ollies view smiling as if he is saying look what ive found and Ollie goes out to get the scarf back then if he is challenged then he only has to say, i just found the scarf and i knew it belonged to the boy. so why didn't he dump the scarf as well as the bag.
    Guess work but probably lured Ollie out the bar but there are still people sat outside so he puts the scarf round his neck as if he knows him while leading him away from the bar, bag dumped and off he goes with Ollie still wearing the scarf around his neck.
  • Options
    Weenie_StixWeenie_Stix Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I don't think for one moment that boy in the restaurant was Ollie. I think that scene was just a poignant moment to show us/Tony what he had lost and what could have been as that's the age that Ollie would be now.:(

The boys little sister was crying 'please please please' the same way Ollie had begged to go swimming, it made me cry a little bit when I noticed that.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a matter of interpretation, but personally I think he wanted Tony to kill him. The game was up.

The yacht was Mary's hallucination. Vincent went to visit her in the home and therefore appeared in her hallucination - just as the Nurse appeared as the Butler.

Yeh i just rewatched that bit again. What confused me is at the beginning it said INDIAN OCEAN PRESENT DAY....we didnt know at this point Garrat was dead, not until the end. I sort of switch off a bit as i find it a bit tiring all the back and forward......

I think if they had just had her sitting in the mental home as present day, THEN showed hallucinations i might have been awake lol.....

Its odd isnt it as IF her husband was such a monster and did horrible things to their daughter the fact he disappeared would have made her feel better.....not put her into a mental home......

Ah well, i have given up thinking about it now lol, as my brain aches lol...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its odd isnt it as IF her husband was such a monster and did horrible things to their daughter the fact he disappeared would have made her feel better.....not put her into a mental home.......

She probably blames herself, as many people do in that situation, for not having noticed what what going on. Or, alternatively, for knowing what was going on but not stopping him. Either way it's enough to tip someone over the edge. That he's missing, declared dead, doesn't really change what happened to her daughter.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth are you watching it if you hate it:confused: no wonder you are missing so much information if you're merely enduring it rather than enjoying it.

The Moroccan policeman was overheard by the black prisoner on the table next to him at visiting telling Baptiste he would only talk if he brought his son to visit.

Yeh i know that but then why would this black guy be ear wigging then, as they only just found out he had withheld evidence, so who put the guys there to keep an eye on him? That's what doesn't make sense jeez nothing makes sense lol. So who ever took Ollie has friends in the prison who would that be?

I hate it simply because it goes from one time slot to another and I find it hard to follow. I am not the only one either lots of my mates switched off because of that.

I am only wanting to see if they find the boy in the end....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sudden though during tea break. Everything seems to be significant. The name of the Hotel is Eden.
    Eden was the place in the bible where Adam and Eve were banished from after being persuaded by the snake to give into temptation.
    Who, if anyone, has disappeared/been banished from Hotel Eden? Alain? His and Sylvie's daughter? Was Ollie (and maybe others) the "apple"? Who was the snake?
  • Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    Ha ha I think he is dodgy so there.............probably isnt but why not there is so much going on that makes little sense lol...the thing is WHO told the gang the under cover cop was meeting Baptiste at the station, he only knew that, and who told or warned someone that the Moroccan was going to talk if they brought his boy to him, only Baptiste and tony and his ex....or did i miss someone with all the toing and froing back and forward vertigo scenes we are forced to endure lol.....I hate the series, and am only watching it to the end to just see how it does end lol.....

I do think Ollie is alive and being protected....I would hate it if he did die.....

Are you talking about the cop who got his throat slashed?

The gang already suspected him being a mole and told him a fake story about a transaction taking place in those sheds to try and see if he would pass this info on, when Baptiste and then French version of a SWAT team appeared at the sheds (which the gang were monitoring via that camera), the gang knew the cop told on them and confirmed their suspicions.

They probably then followed him when he was meeting Baptiste and slashed his throat because they now knew who he really was.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gerry23 wrote: »
    How can Ollie be with Mary? She's in a residential nursing home!

Ollie's with Monique.
    Sylvie and Alain passed him on to her.

Or something ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    WurzelSpy wrote: »
    I like you're thinking. I am feeling a sniffle or two coming on already ;-)
    But I think it'll be TiVo box and look at nothing online till I get home then watch it as soon as I'm in, however late.

1 question, going right back to episode 1. Tony went back in 2014 after seeing the facebook photos. How did Baptiste get involved again? Did Tony call him or did he just happen to turn up?

Laurence called Baptiste to tell him Tony was back.
  • Options
    Frank EFrank E Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Loz Kernow wrote: »
    I just had a fleeting thought that Ian Garrett and the Romanian gang might have been planning to use the reward for laundering money, then something went wrong, Ollie died and the plan fell apart.

That was just to bleach his soul and chlorify the scent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeh i know that but then why would this black guy be ear wigging then, as they only just found out he had withheld evidence, so who put the guys there to keep an eye on him? That's what doesn't make sense jeez nothing makes sense lol.

It's a prison....They are all criminals.... Seeing that Baptiste visted Ziane and he was going to provide them with information, someone passed on the message that he is to be killed. It's not really that complicated! :)

No offence, but I really don't see why the time periods are hard to follow at all. It's often explicit via subtitles, plus you can quite clearly see based on the characters appearence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who reported Ian missing? Was it his wife?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ollie's with Monique.

Or something ;)

Monique is the girl that Tony had a one night stand with, isn't she? What evidence or dialogue is there to hint that she has any connection she has to Eden?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ollie's with Monique.

Or something ;)

If that's the case I would be very very disappointed, I don't mind shows having a slight bit of artistic license to allow things to flow but to have Tony meet Monique randomly in the street (she was already there so she wasn't following him) and she's got his kid then that's too unrealistic for me. Plus who's looking after the kid while her and Tony were doing the sex?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Monique is the girl that Tony had a one night stand with, isn't she? What evidence or dialogue is there to hint that she has any connection she has to Eden?

People think that she's Sylvie and Alain's daughter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cpb09146 wrote: »
    Laurence called Baptiste to tell him Tony was back.

Thanks. Was it a "Tony's back can you help get rid of him" type call or was she, the official police, encouraging the retired policeman to unofficially re-open his investigation?